KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NU LOOK WINS 2009 GROUP OF THE YEAR KM AWARD (BREAKDOWN)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MenkiJan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to NL.

Yo merite l vre.

oliwood82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NU LOOK SE DJAZZ KI TOUJOU FE ANPIL E YO FE ANPIL BAGAY POU ANNE 2009 LA BUT GUYS HANDS DOWN T VICE SHOULD WIN THIS ONE PASKER POU BAGAY DHAZZ SAA FE ANNER 2009 LA SE DWET SOU BOUCH WI. PLAYED 28 FWA NAN 30 JOU SA SE PA JOKE NON.

LES_POINTS_SUR_LES_ZI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately I Do Not Know The Criteria That Were Established To Nominate A Band from One Place To Another Place . . . It Might Be Better If We Knew These Criteria . . . But " NU-LOOK " ??? . . . Maybe Yes Maybe Not !!!

djabolo1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

why was Dano gabel allowed to vote for 2 different groups of the year?

XXplosive

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Nu Look...They had problem with the boston market this year due to discipline issues but managed to do well in Haiti and in other market. With all the recession affecting all bands, i think Nu Look was the safest choice...they were consistent with their tours and play the best quality kompa out there.
Congrats Nu Look....

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think NU LOOK Should have been a close second to t-vice.

But ou deja we vote sa yo te a l'envers...

how did HARMONIC get more votes than T-VICE AND CARIMI?

C'mon people.

a refaire.

no offense to you Pat.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJABOLO1

DANO's vote went to NU LOOK.

SIWOMIEL

Panel members are allowed to vote for 1 BAND, therefore if they go for 1 choice, they can't go for another. Maybe a lot of the votes that could/would have gone to TVICE/CARIMI, went to NU LOOK, which might explain your inquiry.

KM!

Kryssou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2009 was indeed Nu Look's year! Very Happy

Depi sou ravaj mwen te wè yo fè 31 desanm '08 nan Hotel Montana a, mte konnen ke yo tap gen yon trè bel annee! C byen domaj ke yo komanse 2010 lan tet anba Sad

An2k, congrats to Nu Look! I truly deserve it! Wink

menkonpa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i don't know about Nu Look band of the year.
In terms of what they accomplished, Carimi and TVice had a better year than Nu Look
Looking at: Compas Festival, International outings (panama for T-Vice, new caledonia for Carimi) Their live attendances are comparable, although T-Vice edges out Nu Look in terms of discipline.
So nu Look does not really deserve this award. I understand that live Nu Look is fire, but that's it. Nothing new there. If there was an award for best band on the live circuit, Nu Look hands down. But when you take into account other factors, they don't match with Carimi or T-Vice. Thats just me.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhizUniq

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
I think NU LOOK Should have been a close second to t-vice.

But ou deja we vote sa yo te a l'envers...

how did HARMONIC get more votes than T-VICE AND CARIMI?

C'mon people.

a refaire.

no offense to you Pat.

I feel you!!!

Honestly and without being biased, I really don't see how Nu Look had a better year 2009 than T-Vice. I really don't see it.

In my opinion, T-Vice was the best band of 2009, especially with their successful Haiti summer and Panama tours.

What's so special and significant that Nu Look did in 2009? What particular accomplishment do they have for 2009? Their live music? It's nothing new. Everybody already knows they're great at that.

Oh well, people have their opinions.. I respect that.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: