Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - SIDA in the HMI
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

SIDA in the HMI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is no reason to assume they are not going to use protection.

So... there really is not much to do. Unless you learn in the future that they did not use protection.

I thought the situation was that you know for a fact, one way or another that this person is knowingly spreading the virus.

Lil'biggyted14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:

So... there really is not much to do. Unless you learn in the future that they did not use protection.

I thought the situation was that you know for a fact, one way or another that this person is knowingly spreading the virus.

I DEFINITELY AGREE

The only fact that they are getting along, that they are getting in a room (even) doesn't mean necessarily that they are going to have S.E.X
Nor there is nothing that says in advance that they are going to have S.E.X without protection either
So, in that situation whether as a PCP, a social worker, a HIV counseler, there is nothing more you can do about that than PRAYING for the artist to use protection

metbeton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well at the end of the day the artist has the right to pick and decide who he wants to sleep with. Also the person who are infected has right to sleep with whoever he or she wants... He or she should discuss that with the artist or make sure he protect the artist. Telling the artist that your patient is HIV positive is not going to stop him sleeping with other women.

The artists in the HMI need to be careful because a lot of them think with their Dick... To me I think they should destroy condom for many reason... Ppl will have sex only with one partner and before they have sex they will make sure whoever they want to have sex with get a test. Also, wearing a condom is not really safe because that ishh can break during the intercourse... What about have HIV via kissing that can happen.

Abstinence is the best and it is safe.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
To me I think they should destroy condom for many reason... Ppl will have sex only with one partner and before they have sex they will make sure whoever they want to have sex with get a test.

AL KWE SAR!

jugaal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
Quote:

Lil' biggyted14 wrote:
Quote:
I DEFINITELY AGREE

The only fact that they are getting along, that they are getting in a room (even) doesn't mean necessarily that they are going to have S.E.X
Nor there is nothing that says in advance that they are going to have S.E.X without protection either
So, in that situation whether as a PCP, a social worker, a HIV counseler, there is nothing more you can do about that than PRAYING for the artist to use protection

HIV can be transmitted through ANY unprotected sex, although of all sexual activity, some has the highest risk of transmission, and unprotected oral sex has the lowest risk of transmission.
Have you considered the tearing of a condom during "Protecte sex"?.
You will be surprised to know how many people are intentionally spreading the virus in revenge to a wrong done to them.

KARAMEL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jugaal wrote:
SIROMYEL wrote:
Quote:

Lil' biggyted14 wrote:
Quote:
I DEFINITELY AGREE

HIV can be transmitted through ANY unprotected sex, although of all sexual activity, some has the highest risk of transmission, and unprotected oral sex has the lowest risk of transmission.
You will be surprised to know how many people are intentionally spreading the virus in revenge to a wrong done to them.

jugaal,

These people should be locked up Evil or Very Mad
Are you with one of the State Agencies? If so, you should know this is a complete no & no! Since the HMI artist's wifey is expecting her first child, could u imagine that baby infected w the virus? M'patap kapab kimbe bagay sa sou konsyans mwen, se pa fot mwen, m'gin coeur cho Razz

@ Lil'biggyted14, the feeling is mutual (lol). Confidentiality is crucial 2 individuals living with HIV/ AIDS. Yet, u & i both know that the duty and limits of confidentiality warrant important analysis 4 all of us working with this group, I am happy the member brought up this topic Smile

One Luv,

Kara

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Are you suggesting that people with HIV do not engage in any sexual act at all?

I understand that there are people out there intentionally spreading the virus, but you can't do anything about it unless you know for a fact. You can't go based on what you think might be happening.

jugaal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Are you suggesting that people with HIV do not engage in any sexual act at all?

I understand that there are people out there intentionally spreading the virus, but you can't do anything about it unless you know for a fact. You can't go based on what you think might be happening.

Siro my Dear, whether someone with HIV decide to engage in whatever sexual act he/she desires is his/her perogative. One of the many definition for the word FACT: "something known or believed to be true"
some may insist that facts can only be true, but the usages are often useful for emphasis.
As a Health care Practitionner; I am well aware of HIPAA violation regarding this issue; however there are ethical implications in protecting the identities of AIDS patients as well as protecting the uninfected. Furthermore; the duty of confidentiality is not absolute. Imagine that one of these artists happen to be my brother, son, dad or yours for that matter. Would I choose to keep silent due to HIPAA violation?.............

The purpose of this topic, although a fact, was simply to have a debate in ambiguities that may impede our judgements and characters in certain situations. Not whether I should or should not expose anyone.

Thank you again for your opinion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: