KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

**13 CELEBRITY JUDGES GIVE NEXT HMI STAR PICKS IN ROUND 2!**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> NEXT HMI STAR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gentleman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

men bon kompetision..bagay la myelllllllll Laughing Laughing Laughing

ZENGLEN PI RED

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: MADMAN JP PICKS HIS NEXT HMI STAR! Reply with quote Back to top

THE MADMAN, very vocal in his opinions, straight shooter. Studio Producer who has worked with many great artists in the HMI. These are his picks below.

MADMAN JP's picks are....

*1) PAOLA: This lady right there is not new to the HMI she is known to have written some very nice songs....an extremely natural vocalist with very sharp ears an all around good musician who knows exactly what she wants in a song...I'm shocked to even see her in this competition, but definitely my #1 choice cause she is so ready for an exciting career in this business....not a novist at all in the studio and has participated in numerous projects and worked with some of the top producers in the HMI already.

A very clean voice should've been a household name in this business a long time ago.... this song is a baby for her. She has a lot more in her repertoire to offer. The sky is the limit as to what Paola can achieve in this business. I wish her well and it's about time that people recognize her talent and give her a chance to blow....so much more i can say about her but for now....she is my #1."

*2) Fabrice Fombrun "jou ma merite'l": I really like this artist and this particular song's lyrics and music are on point. He didn't over do it, he is singing comfortably in his range, the presence is there; may not be an extraordinary vocalist, but i can definitely see him doing what Mikaben is doing. With proper management and a project with different producers/Arrangers etc...he can definitely make an impact. He kinda reminds me of the old Zekle sound. I like it a lot. A very nice demo in terms of the quality of recording, and a very clean and spacious mix. I like. I wish him and crew the best.

*3) G-FARO "Tou Pre'w": He picked a track that really compliments his style for the demo. I definitely think that he has a lot more to offer. I honestly feel that the effect on his lead vocal took away a lot of his presence, but it works for this track simply because it has that twoubadou feel and you can definitely vibe to it. Again, this kid working with a producer like Jbeatz could be a winner because i see that he likes the fat analog "Appreggio" sound.. real cool and the swagg of today's new generation music. If i'm not mistaking he is definitely not a rookie in the HMI. Congrats and wish him and his staff the best. Good luck!

1- Paola (20 Points)

2 - Fabrice Fombrum (15 Points)

3 - G Faro (10 Points)

ONE MORE HMI CELEBRITY JUDGE!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: MARIO DEVOLCY PICKS HIS NEXT HMI STAR! Reply with quote Back to top

MARIO DEVOLCY, Compas Historian, HMI legend, Haitian music encyclopedia, and most importantly, an excellent musician for decades in the HMI. Who else to send us off and close out our celebrity judges with?

MARIO DEVOLCY's picks

*1) FABRICE FOMBRUM: "The vocals, arrangement, and the approach that he made on this track, a term that I want to tag as "BALLADE CREOLE", was simply amazing. Market la bezwen plus bagay konsa "BALLADE CREOLE" ki different de "COMPAS LOVE". The music was great, he showed lots of discipline in the way that he produced the track. MIZIK LA PA GIN HAZARD."

*2) TI MOUN A ZION: "This Reggae/Compas combination WITH AN EXCELLENT TOUCH OF BLUES flavor was excellent. What I liked is that they respected the concept of the song in terms of the way that they approached it. PA GIN DERAPAJ KI FET NAN MIZIK SA. They kept their identity to the fullest in terms of what they wanted to accomplish on this track. The arrangements on the voice was appropriate to the song, just the right range, not too high or too low, and KELKE SWA KOTE OU JWE MIZIK SA...KADANS MIZIK SA AP RETE EN DEDAN OU. The text is very spiritual. They did a great job."

3)*ROSEMAY: "People might be shocked that I am picking this, but I think this song comes close to a Compas Direct style of the 90's. The pitch/concept of the artist and song reminds me of Georgy and Zin. It's what I will term a "COMPAS AU FEMININ". MIZIK LA PA GIN ANYIN INUTIL LADAN LI. Li respecte Compas Direct la."

Other notables brought up by Mario

*SARAH JANE RAMEAU: "One of the best IF NOT THE BEST VOICE in the competition.

*PAOLA: "She is the SECOND best female singer in the competition.

*ANGELO: "I like the ENERGY that hebrings in his song. LI GIN YON AGRESSIVITE POZITIV lakay li ke mwen rinmin. If he gets a serious producer/production team to work with him, he will be very very good.

*BNICE: That track KA FE MALHEUR NAN CLUB. The song can do a lot of damage at the clubs.

*MELODI: "Their track was very good until the 2:45 mark...YO FE TRANSITION MIZIK LA MAL. Also you don't need 2 hooks in a song.

*K-MISTRY: That song was also good, but YO BAY KEYBOARD LA TROP. They have to learn that a KEYBOARD/GUITAR combination can always work really well. DON'T USE THE GUITAR just to say you added a guitar part..MAKE IT COUNT FOR SOMETHING. The same can be said for MELODI.

*G-FARO: If they give that track to TANTAN for him to produce/fix it...HE WOULD MAKE IT A HIT SONG. Si yo bay TANTAN Mizik sa pou li produit li...TANTAN TAP FE'L YON HIT.

*CARL MENARD: The song has a nice melody, but the PRODUCTION IS BAD. Ou senti ke se yon seul moun kap jwe.

*CED: Bon Mizik. I see what he was trying to do, but when he commercialized the track a bit much....LI GATE'L.

*METOD: This is a beautiful song KE MOUN AP RINMIN TANDE.

*PACKAGE: It's him and ANGELO who came through in terms of Hardcore compas. AL TRAVAY TOUJOU...GIN ESPWA. Go work some more on your craft. There is potential.

*TYRORO: "The text "NAN BON ROUTE"

*UNITE KREYOL LA: "Tres bel text.

I think a lot of these artists have great potential. They just need a COACH to take them to the next level.

MARIO DE VOLCY'S picks are

1) FABRICE FOMBRUM (20 Points)
2) TIMOUN A ZION (15 Points)
3) ROSEMAY (10 Points)

Last edited by kompamagazine on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SUSPENSE! Very Happy

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: CELEBRITY JUDGES FINAL ROUND 2 SCORES! Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the scores FOR THE HMI CELEBRITY JUDGES for ROUND 2!

1) FABRICE FOMBRUM (115 Points)
2) SARAH JANE RAMEAU (95 Points)
3) MELODI (85 Points)

4) TI MOUN A ZION (80 Points)
5) GUES (35 Points)
6) K-MISTRY & PAOLA tied (30 Points)

Cool ROSEMAY (20 Points)
9) TIGGER ONE, WILL DREY/MYLAH, BOKANTO tied (15 Points)

12) ANGELO, BNICE, DETAY, MICHELLE THELAMOUR, G-FARO tied (10 Points)

PS:The Points from ROUND 1 (KM Members) & ROUND 2 (Celebrity Judges) will now be ADDED UP to get the final results of NEXT HMI STAR 1

Look for the final results ON ANOTHER THREAD/POST!

KM!

XXplosive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Celebrity yo represent for real on this one. M'ap tann deney results yo but constestants yo jwen ampil bon feedback.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bon, different judges, different opinions
se sa li ye wi

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> NEXT HMI STAR All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: