KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2010 ARTIST OF THE YEAR KM AWARD WINNER IS......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrad Gazman.....

wallywal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is the first time in history that an artist win an award for artist of the year without doing anything musically....so basically he won this award because of his popularity. Am not taking anything away from gazzman Couleur but.....enfin

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wally,

Enbien se basket Gazzy ap jwe. Neutral

Kobe and LeBron watch out!

But its your opinion, so I MUST respect that.

Ernst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wallywal wrote:
this is the first time in history that an artist win an award for artist of the year without doing anything musically....so basically he won this award because of his popularity. Am not taking anything away from gazzman Couleur but.....enfin

That's what I say. We are not taking anything away from Gazzman, but musically speaking, I'm not sure he did enough to win this award.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not want take anything away from the guy's accomplishments
But, I think a guy like MIKA and BELO WERE EXCELLENT this year. They were great. From Vietnam to EUROPE, one could see BELO representing Haitians. These were great accomplishments and should have been commanded for

In terms of MIKA, the guy had his touch on almost every album released this year. And on all these albums, one could clearly see the difference that MIKA had made.
MIKA te nan tout sauce ane sa et pour de bon.
Therefore, I am not saying that GAZZMAN does not deserve it, but it should have been a much more closed contest or BELO or/ and MIKA should have it for their accomplishments. Or all three of them named “ ARTIST OF YEAR”
Well, I guess that is the judges’ decision, but i had to disagree with that

Last edited by jeancelestin on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

MODEL VIL LA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CONGRATULATION MY BROTHER, THAT JUST THE BEGINING TOUT LOT YO AP VINN APRE. GOD BLESS YOU.

wallywal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Wally,

But its your opinion, so I MUST respect that

what did he accomplished musically in the hmi?
seriously dj kreyol can you say that last year gazzman Couleur took the hmi by storm because of his music or because of the album?
the fans (his fans) didn't care about his music or whether he can have give them a hit song instead they were curious to see him in his new band without Arly Lariviere, again am not taking anything away from him.
By the way now i understand what you meant when you said disip doesn't need a hit...i got it now ....in a way you were right, i underestimated gazzmans popularity Razz

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wallywal wrote:
Quote:
Wally,

seriously dj kreyol can you say that last year gazzman Couleur took the hmi by storm because of his music or because of the album?
the fans (his fans) didn't care about his music or whether he can have give them a hit song instead they were curious to see him in his new band without Arly Lariviere, again am not taking anything away from him.
By the way now i understand what you meant when you said disip doesn't need a hit...i got it now ....in a way you were right, i underestimated gazzmans popularity Razz

Wallywal,

Here is the thing...

Gazzman is an ARTIST. An artist that is REVERED by many many many people. That is not going away.

Secondly, when the band was formed he made sure to put TALENTED musicians behind him.

This is where Gazzman's case is different from Gracia's (there are other differences but that is another discussion).

When you say Gabriel Laporte and Patrick Pluvoise, that is A LOT. That is pure nostalgia for people that listened to Nu-Look back in the day. People said wow finally I can hear my singer backed up by the guitars I fell in love it. What isn't artistic about that? Neg yo jwe bien. They are not rookies.

Sexy Beef is one of the BEST bassists in Kompa.

So in Gracia's case, Gracia was backed by talented young talent but not on the LEVEL Gazzman has.

Third, they came out with a CD. A very good one. Before the CD came out, I said they didnt need a HIT for this CD. As long as the songs are digestible they would be fine. "Bope Pa Papa" is a buzzworthy song. So if you are a Gazzman fan, you are satisfied.

Fourth, if the BAND did not play WELL and if the SONGS were that BAD, the results would SHOW. The band would not be booked. The band would not be playing. But the band is booked. So how is ART missing there?

A painter paints. A singer sings. A dancer dances.

Mika is a producer. A great producer and writer. He did a GREAT job in 2010 with his work on "Famn Sa Move", "Ou Fem Vole" and "Yap fè Foli".

But Mika and Gazzman deliver their art differently.

And the judges this year that Gazzman's impact COULD NOT be denied.

Gromosso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
wallywal wrote:
Quote:
Wally,

Wallywal,

Here is the thing...

Gazzman is an ARTIST. An artist that is REVERED by many many many people. That is not going away.

Secondly, when the band was formed he made sure to put TALENTED musicians behind him.

This is where Gazzman's case is different from Gracia's (there are other differences but that is another discussion).

When you say Gabriel Laporte and Patrick Pluvoise, that is A LOT. That is pure nostalgia for people that listened to Nu-Look back in the day. People said wow finally I can hear my singer backed up by the guitars I fell in love it. What isn't artistic about that? Neg yo jwe bien. They are not rookies.

Sexy Beef is one of the BEST bassists in Kompa.

So in Gracia's case, Gracia was backed by talented young talent but not on the LEVEL Gazzman has.

Third, they came out with a CD. A very good one. Before the CD came out, I said they didnt need a HIT for this CD. As long as the songs are digestible they would be fine. "Bope Pa Papa" is a buzzworthy song. So if you are a Gazzman fan, you are satisfied.

Fourth, if the BAND did not play WELL and if the SONGS were that BAD, the results would SHOW. The band would not be booked. The band would not be playing. But the band is booked. So how is ART missing there?

A painter paints. A singer sings. A dancer dances.

Mika is a producer. A great producer and writer. He did a GREAT job in 2010 with his work on "Famn Sa Move", "Ou Fem Vole" and "Yap fè Foli".

But Mika and Gazzman deliver their art differently.

And the judges this year that Gazzman's impact COULD NOT be denied.

DJK,

Gazzman could have been donated a million bucks to charity, people would still find some crap to say about his gesture.

His band wins Newbie of The Year, oh it's because of Gazzman's popularity.

He wins Artist of The Year, oh he didn't do anything musically.

Si Disip pat fwenk bon, jazz la patap la toujou. Bay moun zye yo.

Let the animosity go already, it's too old. Gazzman made his choice in leaving Nu Look to form his own band, accept it, deal with it, move on.

Geez, let the man enjoy his moment, this is Gazzman's time to shine and this will go on for a very long time.

D K Bess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Moun kap tiré pyé yo poukisa nou pa di ki VRÈ Problem nou?
Jan nou ap palé la se kom si moun ki voté pou Gazman yo se o paket ÉGARÉ yo yé.

Yo voté pou li, li genyen... Manyè pran on break...
Pa gen FRAUD la sé sa yo voté a ki pasé...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: