KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

((((NEXT HMI STAR 1 WINNER IS........+ FINAL RESULTS!))))
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> NEXT HMI STAR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XXplosive

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Fabrice, well deserved. I like his song a lot.
I enjoy this contest. I'm proud of Melodi and K-Mistry, Sarah has a nice voice as well. Timoun Zion had a cinderella story thing going on. I liked the beat and loved the song but i was feeling the other ones more. Good job to all contestant.
Congratulation again Fabrice, Well done Pat. Already waiting for this year's contest.

Ayani

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my number 1 pick...congrats Fabrice Very Happy

Fabrice Fombrun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: In case you missed my message to KM. Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone!

In case some of you missed my New Post to the KM members and the HMI last Sunday, I wanted to reiterate my thanks and my message here in this post.
Wink

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hello KM!

Firstly, I want to thank and wish a Happy New Year to:

**Patrick of Kompa Magazine, the first person who deserves Congratulations for this «Next HMI Star» Contest.

**The KM members who took part in this contest by listening, analyzing, judging and giving their opinions. It was very constructive, thanks again!

**The HMI Judges celebrities, who have taken their time to give us their opinion, allowing us to progress and evolve as artists.

**And of course, all the contestants of this «competition». Many of them deserve the HMI's attention, and I hope they will get it.

Sincerly, I’m very grateful to the people who voted for me... I won’t hide that I was surprised when reading the comments and the scores I was given, especially when I listen to the other contestants' entries. So I guess that the day...Jou Ma Merite’l nan rivé lol Thanks!

As for those who didn’t feel convinced enough to vote for me, it only lets me know that I still need to work on my craft. I will take note and follow all the advice given by the HMI Celebrities and the KM members, and continue to work hard so I can catch your ears and your heart in my future projects!

By the way, I have to let you know that I’m working on my solo album. So far, many songs are ready. «Jou ma merite’l» will be part of it, of course! This album will be diversified in terms of musical styles. Some 60-70% of the album will be made up of Kompa songs, and the rest ranging from Bossa to Jazz, to Ballad, and Orchestral compositions.

To those who would be interested in listening to another composition of mine, you can find my recent Christmas track on Youtube, entitled «Yon sèl Nwèl, pou Tout Timoun».
By the way...Joyeu Nwèl en reta!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MaestroFabrizio#p/a/u/0/VSQNvYmC-G4
Stay tuned for more...!

Today, I truly believe that the HMI is thirsty for some new flavor... It is rather obvious when we look at this original «Top 4»:

- Sarah Jane: a very particular style in our «Music Industry». She would certainly have more points in the final score with a «complete» song. Personally, I love her song and her voice performance, but...there is a part missing in her «miss u song» I think Sarah teased us guys lol
Anyways, I’m sure about one thing for Sarah, if she wants to, she will have «a great seat» in the HMI Women's hall of fame.

- Melodi: these guys have an original touch in their songs. Not only in «Sa fe’m mal», but also in their other single «Yo bare’m». They use different chords, they have catchy melodies, and also a great singer...bel bagay. Why not a collabo? Nap suiv pou wè...!

- K-Mistry is also a great band, ready for the HMI in my opinion, and they have a lot of potential.

Actually, many contestants caught my attention as I listened to the songs.
All the artists who participated in this contest seem to have the motivation.

There is clearly a lot of potential ; if I'm allowed to make a suggestion, the next Contests should perhaps have a 2nd & 3rd prize (in my opinion of course ) Li tap pi bon, pi fair...huh, Patrick, I may have some ideas for the next contest!

And Pat, I really hope that «Next HMI Star» contests will take place regularly! Kounyé'a, m'pwal suiv contest sa antan ke bon fidèle...as the KM members did so well!

The HMI needs to discover new talents, and this type of «competition» is a great way to motivate the potential artists and also the public; the rules are fair and the concept is innovative in the HMI... Year by year, I’m sure it will become a Famous Award in the HMI.

Well...I'll let you know about the album/project updates during the next weeks.
Once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR and best wishes for 2011 to all of you!!!

Fabrice Fombrun.

- F.F. -

FoFo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to KM pou bel initiative sa
and to the winner. 2 thumbs up.

FoFo #1♥

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> NEXT HMI STAR All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: