Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - Black in Latin America.
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Black in Latin America.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalida

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Black in Latin America. Reply with quote Back to top

Have you guys seen this Documentary? Black in Latin America.

This is a must watch Show. Especially if you don't know much about the history of Haiti Or Santo Domingo as a whole.

Every time i see these things about Haiti, It makes me proud, angry and sad at the same time.

If you had watched it, what have you taken out of it?

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That view from the Citadelle was breathtaking, and I appreciated the explanation behind why it was built. Gates did a good job highlighting the difference between the Dominican elite that shunned everything African and the Haitian elite who embraced their oots.

Looking forward to watching the rest of the series on Cuba and Brasil.

Catch it on PBS. Highly recommended

owen1055

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is one of the documentary that did not try to portray a negative image of Haiti.

I have always been confused with how black spanish speaking individuals dont consider themselves black or of african decent.

dalida

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
That view from the Citadelle was breathtaking, and I appreciated the explanation behind why it was built. Gates did a good job highlighting the difference between the Dominican elite that shunned everything African and the Haitian elite who embraced their oots.

Looking forward to watching the rest of the series on Cuba and Brasil.

Catch it on PBS. Highly recommended

That View of the Citadelle over looking the valley was priceless.

I thought he was going to go to Petion-Ville upper class to See how they see themselves?

I'm so looking forward to watch the next one. Next stop, Cuba.

lakay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the link below

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/black-in-latin-america/featured/haiti-the-dominican-republic-an-island-divided-watch-full-episode/165/?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4daf868c321cb9b5%2C0

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thks for the link.

Will watch it.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched it last night.

I really enjoyed it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: