Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - Athletes and Social Media
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Athletes and Social Media

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konpaconvert

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Athletes and Social Media Reply with quote Back to top

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I am sick and tired of these dumbass athletes (mainly Black BTW) who keep jepordizing their careers and future value($$$) by making controversial comments through their social media pages..all for the sake of WHAT? attention ki pap **** utilize yo yon merde.

Latest example:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steeler questions accounts of 9/11

NewsCore
Updated May 3, 2011 11:31 AM ET

PITTSBURGH
As sporting teams, fans and athletes across America Monday celebrated the news Osama bin Laden had been killed, Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall was raising eyebrows with his views on the terror leader.

Through various posts on his Twitter account, Mendenhall questioned the widespread reaction of joy at bin Laden's demise, while also expressing his doubts as to whether the public really knew the truth about 9/11.

"What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side," Mendenhall wrote, before adding his view on the Twin Towers attack.

"We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."

Source: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-rashard-mendenhall-questions-on-twitter-reaction-to-bin-laden-news-and-911-events-050211

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that in todays society that everyone is entitled to their opinions and that just because a guy makes millions ($4.8 million in this case) he should be entitled to express himself however he wants.

But when you are in the business of sports, anything you say and do can have severe consquences...you alienate your fanbase and the blans writing your checks..it dont matter how good you are you are expendable.

Whatever happened to the days when guys like M. Jordan and T. Woods didn't have opinions (publicly) about social issues.

Yeah they may have been chastise for it but guess what...money and endorsement deals kept rolling in. These morons are no where near the talent level as they were yet they feel the need to jepordize their value cuz they have a twitter/facebook account and follwers that really don't care what their opinion is Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if you want to fight for the cause like jim Brown..wait til your career is done and over with in another 5 yrs.

Pittsburgh a place known for its proud blue-collar American flag totting fanbase that mainly funds the football operations..and you wanna criticize people like them for celebrating bin Laden's death like you some sort of enlightened philosopher...tchuippppp!!!!! Arrow Arrow

he better win the suberbowl MVP trophy next season si'l kon sak ki bon pou li Laughing Laughing

Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Se vre wi, ala des koze to be fair though there are others who don't believe the airplanes took down the towers, they think the government put explosive devices to make the towers crumble.

Last edited by Haitianone on Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

daphnee

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what a moron Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Arrow

Just yesterday I got into it with a friend of mine who is a Kevin Powell (of MTV Real World fame and an activist) supporter. This guy decided to write what I summed up to be a eulogy to Osama Bin Laden on his blog. He chose to refer to Bin Laden as a "victim" and state things like he was "murdered". I mean really, are they serious?!? Murder??? and Victim?? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but minimizing the actual facts of this terrorist's acts is a bit disheartning and may I add unbecoming of an American citizen. People seem to forget 9/11 and how Bin Laden taunted the USA with his videos about 9/11 and the acts of his followers then and thereafter. They can all join Bin Laden at the bottom of whatever sea he's in if they choose to do so. Arrow

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
konpaconvert

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Daphnee

a reality TV reject is one thing but a multi-million dollar sports athlete is another. TV characters can and should say outlandish things to create controversy as it benefits them.

But sports athletes are on another level and they shouldn't be so open to speak their minds or say outlandish things if they want to continue to make the living that they do...like I said once their playing days are over and some want to transistion into hollywood..go right ahead..but when you are representing a sports franchise..controversial sports issues..especially when you don't agreee with the masses needs to be kept to yourself.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: