Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - NULOOK vs DJAKOUT BATTLE: WHO WON ? NOTES/ANALYSIS
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NULOOK vs DJAKOUT BATTLE: WHO WON ? NOTES/ANALYSIS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THEREALME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bri a te gentan kouri miami si djakouk te jwe taw taw arly tap pran yon lot 10 zan ankor avan poul te rejwe ak djakout so neg yo jere biznis la

passionkompa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mesi Kompared e Km mesi davans pou vdo a paske yon bann moun lan lôt state, sak pat menm deplase ak bay opinion zye sèh kom si yo te la.
radotay.com

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe there is a market for more DJAKOUT/NULOOK bals but both bands need to stay away from that showdown crap because it takes away the fun that they can bring on the dance floor with their music.

The RELE ANMWEY, LEVE 2 MAINS ANLER did not fit the profile of the crowd who was there last nigh which is a prototype of a NULOOK/DJAKOUT crowd. NULOOK/DJAKOUT need to know their typical crowd and serve that segment of the compas population accordingly. A NULOOK/DJAKOUT bal is not a CARIMI/TVICE bal and it never will be..Different crowds, different expections..

The pressure of coming out as a winner even forced NULOOK to change their style...a NULOOK/DJAKOUT should have been a MORE MUSIC LESS TALKING on stage type of bal...

I expect more DAJKOUT/NULOOK match ups where they can let the music play effortlessly. Otherwise they woukd risk alienating their fanbase. Both bands were under too much pressure last night.

Good Luck to both bands for future parties.

naturellecreole

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great bal last night. I enjoy compas even more when there s good kompa playing instead of crap here crap there. If it was an outdoor show, a show down will gladly appreciated. Keep it up DjKout n Nulook. I enjoyed it

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx for the review RED LA... Cool

rocketman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:

. NULOOK/DJAKOUT need to know their typical crowd and serve that segment of the compas population accordingly. A NULOOK/DJAKOUT bal is not a CARIMI/TVICE bal and it never will be....

It's been a long long time since I keep having this same problem wit KOMPARED on this board and I'm sure not the only one!!
dude's been trying so hard to sell certain bands as ((OLD PEOPLE)) type
of for a reason or another which I don't know!?!
And at the same time trying to make you believe certain others wit the same age range musicians and playin style are made for young, teens and all. example: DJAKOUT/T-VICE
Can anyone tell me the reasons djakout can be considered old people stuff while T-vice is considered young people's??
I just don't get this really Exclamation when I look at T-vice's musicians I don't think they appear any younger than Djakout's or neither playin any diffrent in terms of style and we can go on and on
it's just that some people try to portray certain ones as older people's while others are claimed to be younger people's stuff!! Arrow

Not long ago a member opened up a post askin if age matters in the HMI??
well just like many people said no age doesn't really matter, I was actually thinkin the same!
but, it really pains to see a guy like KOMPARED who is not even young , I mean an OLDER guy trying to make it an INSULT for bands to play for older folks/crowd!!?? isn't that ridiculous?? seriously?
I myself would not do what this guy been tryin to do and I definitely hate this mission of his!! and I know some people might feel insulted by him some times for this Arrow

epitou ki sa ki mal nan sa pou tout djazz jwe pou kunpot crowd?? in fact I always thought it would be nicer to have it mixed crowd instead of
each band to play for a selected kind of crowd at every bals!! but, I guess I was dead wrong according to this guy's philosophy.. LOL ENFIN Arrow

anyway THX for the review sir and it was well apreciated on my part but SMH.... Cool !

PEACE!!

Last edited by rocketman on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 10 times in total

rocketman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: NULOOK vs DJAKOUT BATTLE: WHO WON ? NOTES/ANALYSIS Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:

*The crowd was composed mostly of adults and men

this really was not needed in a review cuz, insult is written all over it but, THX anyway Arrow Arrow

PEACE!!

Last edited by rocketman on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

owen1055

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
I believe there is a market for more DJAKOUT/NULOOK bals but both bands need to stay away from that showdown crap because it takes away the fun that they can bring on the dance floor with their music.

The RELE ANMWEY, LEVE 2 MAINS ANLER did not fit the profile of the crowd who was there last nigh which is a prototype of a NULOOK/DJAKOUT crowd. NULOOK/DJAKOUT need to know their typical crowd and serve that segment of the compas population accordingly. A NULOOK/DJAKOUT bal is not a CARIMI/TVICE bal and it never will be..Different crowds, different expections..

The pressure of coming out as a winner even forced NULOOK to change their style...a NULOOK/DJAKOUT should have been a MORE MUSIC LESS TALKING on stage type of bal...

I expect more DAJKOUT/NULOOK match ups where they can let the music play effortlessly. Otherwise they woukd risk alienating their fanbase. Both bands were under too much pressure last night.

Good Luck to both bands for future parties.

Thank you KOMPARED

I dont think people understand that. NL fan is not that kind of fan base.. These are the type of people who rather listen and let the music hit their soul. People who want to see this kind of showdown need to go to DJAKOUT/TVICE or Carimi/DJakout.. Anytime a band play with NL it will always be about music bc the format of the band is not built for the kind of hype leve men nou anle kind of things.. it is not about who can make the most noise..

No band in the HMI can beat Djakout in a musical street fight..

rocketman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sorry if I kept sayin asult Rolling Eyes LOL.. but I really meant to say INSULT GUYS thank you all..!!

Gladmy Spring valley33

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Kompared

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: