KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ARTIST OF THE YEAR 2011 KM MUSIC AWARD WINNER IS...........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yanvaloo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jcorantin wrote:
Mwen te fin pa dakor lem li poste la, men lem gade anba poste la mwen we nom tout Artists actifs nan HMI nan ki vote pou Martelly, e byen se vote ki fet fom akseptel se sa yo rele Democracie. An nou sispann ak contestation, depi se vote ap toujou gen Dako, pa Dako que la Democracie regne

Excatly

KM could have even put my Name onthere .. ..

If i get the 20 vote i win

If i get 0 i loose

Now i guess nap blame tout lot Atis yo ki vote' yo laaa
Question Question Question Question Question

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee Arrow

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
belfam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it is clear now that we do not have a president
se atis nou ginyin oh well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
congrats atis peyi a

jcorantin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="yanvaloo"]
DONCUE_69 wrote:
I have a problem with that award
did Michel martelly perform for the year 2011 at all ?
best achievement would be preferable.
my 2 cents

I see and hear what you saying

But after all he was an atis , wasn't he?

Atis that stop and did his thing .. kite'l mache' don't see a problem
with it ....Then again your opinnion and mine .. but
Mine is back up by 19 others that think so

Sa ou we' Doncue :

Yanvaloo,

Banm fe yon ti kite sujet ya.

Ou we neg sa yo rele Michel Martelly ya, se pou Haiti ta fe yon film sou misye, pou yon neg soti nan nivo sa, poul reussi konsa, poul gen yon fanm konsa ki kanpe red deyel, se yon lojik pou tout moun ta etidye.

Mwen menm, mwen koumanse etidye Michel Martelly depi lem wel soti kotel soti ya la poul Prezidan sou tout moun, nan premye tour yo pa pale de misye ditou, epi misye ouve foul la lal bat madan Manigat. Michel Martelly pa pi famous musician, men li reussi nan mizik, Michel pa janm pedi yon konba depi devan mizik mizik, Michel manke kraze T-Vice. Histoire Michel se yon koze pou Haitien ta chache konprann, paske sa pa senp ditou, lem di pa senp lan, nan sans ke misye se menm jan ak yon mine dyaman. Bo isit la neg ap pale koze de Michel, yo di sa yo vle, men mwen mandem konbyen moun ki pran tan yo analyser mesye sa yo rele Michel la. Sel sam ka di, mwen dwe misye respect pou tout la vim. Sim te Ecrivain, mwen tap ekri yon liv sou la vie Michel. Chapo ba pou Michel ak tout madanm li.

Janm di ya, moun ki vote yo, yo KM mete non yo, yo chwazi, so, let's move on e dako, pa gen bagay la pou contestation!

Maky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Award sa ap fem pase youn move jounen seriously se gro koze hmmmmm

Pitit Ginen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like it or not, it comes down to that : 40 leaders (those musicians can definitely have a huge influence on people’s mind with their music) have decided on something. But people from the grassroots disapprove what looks like a nonsense. Not one of those leaders was clever enough to voice a little disagreement of that choice. Everyone approved. Why they all approved while the majority on this board disapprove?

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's NOT ALWAYS "only" about musical accomplishments or the hottest in terms of Artist of the year. The key words being NOT ALWAYS "only".

http://kompamagazine.com/kmboard/viewtopic.php?t=32616&highlight=2009+awards

http://kompamagazine.com/kmboard/viewtopic.php?t=26771&highlight=2009+awards

ARLY LARIVIERE was nominated for ARTIST OF THE YEAR before based solely on him keeping the NU LOOK float going AFTER GAZZMAN HAD JUST LEFT...and that was BEFORE the CONFIRMATION CD was released. That shows CHARACTER...LEADERSHIP....PERSEVERANCE.

DAVID DUPOUX was nominated for ARTIST OF THE YEAR before based on him keeping the float going after ONCE AGAIN losing some more key members in KREZI. That shows CHARACTER....LEADERSHIP....PERSEVERANCE

REGINALD CANGE was nominated once for ARTIST OF THE YEAR based on how he got himself up with FASIL when a lot of people had written him off. That shows CHARACTER....LEADERSHIP...PERSEVERANCE.

If the artist of the year had ONLY to do with the hottest bands, every year, it would be the same 4/5 artists FROM THE HOTTEST BANDS that would get nominated......and that is why the ARTIST OF THE YEAR IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST MUSIC sometimes.

Having said that....BELO and ARLY were nominated next to MICHEL MARTELLY..ichel Martelly who went from being an ARTIST to PRESIDENT. To some people, it is a huge thing...and to others...it means nothing. But the FACT is he went from being an ARTIST/MUSICIAN to PRESIDENT, and that deserved a nomination.

STILL AFTER THAT....It was up to the very credible 40 MEMBER HMI PANEL to choose WHOEVER IT IS THEY WANTED TO GO FOR....based on who they thought deserved it. THEY MADE THEIR CHOICES...THEY HAVE THEIR OPINIONS the same way YOU have yours. They also HAD THE CHOICE to vote for BELO or ARLY...and based on the quotes that you read from the majority of the panel members....they explained their picks and to them it is a huge deal to have someone that used to be an HMI artist very recently....become the President.

KM!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: