KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HMI'S NEXT GENERATION GETS A WARNING FROM...................
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ti-manmi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would say it is a PLUS not a MUST !

My opinion

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i understand why he wouldn't want Sax ... mabye that's not what he's looking for. Anyway if they want new kick or change thing by all
mean, adjust , change but it wont be kompa direct .

Now of days DJ's are trying to make people jump ect .. even our band are doing the same ... Don't see much Bal anymore .. Meaning going out in pair and go to dance.
Now you add Sax , now im thinking ..dance' kole' .. plogue' .. you add long sexy guitar groove i feel the same. Don't Blame them (dj's ) they looking for something New for the new norm for what the kids like now of days and staying in Biz.. but dont' change the Name (kompa direct) adjust or do whatever , create ....or buzz ect .

so Agree to disagree .. i see both side of the Coin here .

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kalekow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SHEDLEY PA SUPOOSE SEZI ,PIL VENT NAN MIZIK SIMPLY SOUND OLD SKOOL, IT'S A FACT , REGGAE TE GUEN MIN PROBLEM NAN ,GO CHEK BOB MARLEY'S DOCUMENTRY,SE TE LIGNE VENT YO KI TE BASE LA ,AL TANDE ANCIEN REGGAE BEFORE NAD WHEN BOB MARLEY STARTED,THE WAILERS TE CHERCHE YON FASON POU MODERNIZEL ,SE KONSA YO TE RENPLACE VENT YO AVEK SON GRAJE GUITAR LA, NOW YOU CAN STILL USE LIGNE VEN NAN NIMPORTE MUSIK MIN PA TOUT TAN ,EPI LIGNE VEN YO PA SUPOSE OVERWELM CHANTE A IF YOU WANNA SOUND MODERN ,MWEN RINMIN JAZZ TANKOU FRERES DEJEAN ,TABOU ,SKAH SHAH ,SYSTEM ,MIN NAN JAZZ PAM SORRY,MAYBE ONE OR TWO SONGS ,PA TOUT CHANTE YO.

dejwe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shedley you are wrong bro...as. a producer. ou pa gen dwa sa thats howmthey guy feel and he was not looking for the sax you should of respect thatsa pa vle di ke neg la pa konn mizik. but i guess because you know your history, kt makes you a expert

cuttableman21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Si'm te gen yon band,menm tcha tcha mwen t'ap mete ladann nan yon stil Cubano de Skah shah. Bagay y'ap di ke tel enstriman fe yon bagay paret old school tout se jwet.

Pat,pemet mwen poste 2 link sa de yon SAX player,Natty Rico k'ap jwe sou beat tekno yon stil ke la jenes ap kouri deye'l sejousi.Ou ka we sax mete yon lot koule nan mizik lan.Misye jwe toupatou,e menm Ayiti nan fet dj yo defwa.le miye ap jwe se yon lot anbyans li mete.

Nou gen yon seri enstriman ki bay mizik nou koule ke nou ka kapitalize de yo pou ta mete kompa a nan yon lot nivo,malerezman se jete nou vle jete yo,pandan ke lot nasyon ap ranmase.Bagay lan se jan yo jwe enstriman an,se pa stil enstriman ki fe mizik lan paret old school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQu4eivoPUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHf6FC9jiS4

shah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a minute! Is Nulook Old school? Saxophone has a beautiful sound. It can be mixed with any type of music if you know what you are doing.
Konpa is a rhythm music not beat music.

It appears to me that the DJs are deviating from what we know as konpa by confusing it with Zook.

I understand that the DJs are in it for the money and not for the legacy of the konpa music.

I bet those types of music won't last because they are not authentic. 10 years from now, we can still talk about the Nulook CD but not about the other ones in the market?

When konpa music is written with groove and soul. it will last a lifetime: like Arrete: Freres Dejean, Haiti: Skahshah, Baissez bas: Tabou Combo, Ibo Combo: Ti nom, need i say more.

Give me a break DJs.

Shelby, keep doing what you are doing.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dejwe wrote:
shedley you are wrong bro...as. a producer. ou pa gen dwa sa thats howmthey guy feel and he was not looking for the sax you should of respect thatsa pa vle di ke neg la pa konn mizik. but i guess because you know your history, kt makes you a expert

Don't get me wrong, the DJ has the right to refuse the sax. He knows what he is looking for.

It is his reasoning behind it that is wrong.

Noupapemoun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tou depann de kijan wap jwe sax la epi that's it! There are ways you can play almost any instruments and it'll give you a younger or older vibe.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: