KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

>>>>>>-- HARMONIK @ SOBs - PARTY REVIEW
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: >>>>>>-- HARMONIK @ SOBs - PARTY REVIEW Reply with quote Back to top

This past Friday - February 22, I had the opportunity to checkout Harmonik at SOBs.

After not seeing them play for months, which is mostly due to my busy schedule, I was on full observation mode. And after what I witnessed last night, I must say that if you don't check out Harmonik, you're missing out!

SOUNDCHECK
I got to the club after midnight and Harmonik was already on stage getting ready to start. The DJ stopped playing and Harmonik started their sound check. But the crowd filled up the stage immediately and started dancing without realizing it was sound check. They sounded that good!!!

PLAYLIST
Mac D then welcomed everyone and open the set with a MWEN BOUKE teaser and the crowd went wild.

From that point on, the band never let the crowd off the hook!
They went on to play:

I heart u
True Love (One of my favorite From the Jere'm Album)
More than enough
Sa pa bon
Ho Parleur (T-Joel on drums)
Sim Te gen
Mwen Bouke
Brase Lide
Obsede (Karizma on stage)
Zanmi
Harmonik Time.

Arrow SOME HIGHLIGHTS!
MORE THAN ENOUGH - What a song man!!! This song is a treat and you don't wanna get caught without a dance partner on this one. The crew delivered fully. The Ban Deye got tighter, The addition of Ti Papi is a treat! He concocted some nice solo grooves in this song!

SA PA BON - This is a song that I'll never get tired of. Nicky's vocal were impeccable on this one. Then came the grooves....keyboard, Solos... The ban deye was on point as usual. Then Mac D came up with a skit called "Tchoup...epi brase'l." No need to say more here! The crowd ate it up!

SIM TE GEN - I think everyone needs to watch out for this song. It's just too groovy, extremely mellow. It's the kind of song you want to dance ONLY with your significant other. Sanders delivered big time on the vocals on that guitar groove!

MWEN BOUKE - It was undoubtedly the most anticipated song of the night. The audience ate it up. Mac D was just awesome and delivered another stellar performance. You know a song is working when both ladies and the gentlemen are singing along and dancing.

OBSEDE - One of my favorites song from the group. Karizma joined the guys on stage to finish the set up off.

HARMONIK TIME - I was caught off guard here, but it was the right song to finish up the night!! Lots of guitar and keyboard grooves till the end. Ti Papi dedouble nan mizik sa a!!

TI PAPI/SANDERS Ti Papi fits right in and he combines extremely well with Sanders. He even joked a couple of times on the mic with the public.

HARMONIK'S BAN DEYE is no joke, from the gong (KB), to the bass (Duckens), to the drums (Jeff), to the conga (Wesner Saint Louis..Mizik Mizik fame), the crew is solid. You can tell they have rehearsed a great deal to respond to their critics.

NICKY'S GROOVES and sounds are getting Hotter!!

HMI PERSONALITIES in the house were:
DJ Stakz, Vee, Jaz Enterprise's Evens Blaise, Carlo Cheveux, Karizma, Carimi's T-Joel and Jeffrey.

CLOSING THOUGHTS
If you loved Harmonik before, you will go crazy for them now. If you had reservations about them, you need to witness this chemistry between the musicians. They all look happy and are having fun onstage between themselves and the crowd.

The band is so danceable that you will need to grab someone or a pole...whatever is around!
Shocked Shocked

Enjoy this CLIP from the end of the party:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewKEkYuFKy8

-Fabrice Rouzier

passionkompa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS YEF
VERY GOOD REVIEW. HARMONIK KEEP IT UP

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

love the review bro...
happy to see Harmonik back on track...
saw them last december, can't wait to catch them again very soon

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GREAT REVIEW YEF.

I WISH I WAS THERE TO ENJOY THIS PARTY.

HARMONIK IS BACKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

Neg2byen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A true Harmonick's fan! Everything was great lol.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed the review. Nice breakdown bro! Thanks for sharing

kompared

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice review..All the details are covered...Thanks Yef.... Very Happy

tanboubeauty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the review

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what a great review tks yef
everything was on point
i love me some harmonic now for sure
i had a great time

owen1055

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great playlist. Harmonik is the best band right now to take a date, significant, wife, girlfriend.. I am loving this band right, and if anyone fights during a Harmonik bal, that person is just an animal. Harmonik is my new K Dans.

Deutch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YEF MESI POU BEL REVIEW SA...OU POTE POU NOU SOU KM...DJAZZ LA ANRAGE VRE ...DJAZZ JWE AN DIFISIL...MIN GEN YON BAGAY KI TRE IMPORTAN KE'W PA DI NAN REVIEW A....

DJAZZ LA TE GEN ANPIL BEL GRIMEL DEVAN'L...

*** LOBE'Y LA PRAN LARI ***

*** MWEN KANPE AN DIFISIL SOU GRIMEL YO***

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: