KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

4REAL VS CREOLEMIX: KM BATTLE OF THE BANDS (YOUR PICK IS...)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: 4REAL VS CREOLEMIX: KM BATTLE OF THE BANDS (YOUR PICK IS...) Reply with quote Back to top

KM'S BATTLE OF THE BANDS as we drop 2 songs from 2 groups or artists...for you to judge them and tell us YOUR PICK out of the two. TODAY we have 4REAL vs CREOLEMIX

*4 REAL "Real Love"
https://soundcloud.com/kompamagazine-com/4-real-real-love

*CREOLEMIX "Ne T'en Vas Pas"
https://soundcloud.com/kompamagazine-com/creolemix-ne-ten-vas-pas

KM!

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

map pran mizik creolemix lan, map pran vokal 4 real la

Creolemix lan pa mal du tout, men mwen pa feel chanteur ak vocal gwoneg sa dutou
4 Real, vokal la pa mal, men muzik la sanble trop ak sa kap jwe deja yo(Harmonik-Carimi-zouk)

vote pa'm nan, mwen bay Creolemix li...epi ki model nom sa yo Laughing

ZENGLEN PI RED

Ti Alix Montreal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

J'aime les deux ,je trouve 4real un p'tit peu monotone mais on le jouera dans une soirée de Zouk night. Créolemix capte mon attention dès le début, une chanson très rafraichissante.
MON CHOIX:CREOLEMIX

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I like the lyrical content of Creolemix the vocals and the chorus was lacking and I couldn't get over it so my vote is for 4 REAL which was simple but more appealing to my ears.

I do applaud the efforts of both, keep working on your craft and good luck.

BoBoRi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tou le 2 bon men Creolemix la pi original

So map vote pou Creolemix

Aya

RICHIE SUPERSTAR MAKER PI RED

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yaaaay! Glad this KM Feature is back!

4 Real: Never heard of this group or artist before but this is a good NEW COME track although not original.. I hear a few influences in there.. lil bit of Prudhomme.. the beginning had me on a Yon Ti Bo tease. . a lil Carimi influence.. Seems like a lot of copy and paste with style, but overall, the ending product was nice. The vocals are good.. with the potential to be great. With practice, I can see it getting better. Push those vocals out!

CreoleMix: Original indeed but ketttt those vocals man. I couldn’t stop laughing but that wasn’t nice. No ones craft should be ridiculed but his voice was funny! It just takes away from a lot. I’m big on vocals so really this song didn’t do it for me. But the arrangements were a GO!

My pick was 4 REAL…
I enjoyed it truly.. but the lack of originality takes a few points away. But the vocals gave it a better edge than CreoleMix.

Keep working guys.. the pie is big enough for all to eat.. It's all on how you dig your fork in it! GOOD LUCK!

JMPerry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Board la palé, Pat kouté. That's wassup... and by the way, I am a fan this effort to bring forth young talent and new bands. THANKS KM!

Now on to the review:

4 Real - The song has a chill vibe to it and I appreciate the keys at the 1:50 mark but it should of been followed by a more convincing bar to climax the song right there and work your way back. You can tell they tried to do that with the keys but you have to accompany that with some vocals. While we are on vocals, 4 Real scores some points on CreoleMix in that department. I'd like to see more soul and feeling in the vocals but for an upcoming band, not bad at all.

CreoleMix - I'm liking the arrangement, sound and mixing of the song although it could use some polishing. The vocals need help though. They seem to be off key and strained at times. @ the 2:14 mark, I'm liking the guitar riffs and solo followed by the keyboard melody. Overall a decent track musically, but the lack of vocals takes a lot of feeling away from the song. Polish those vocals and you have a nicer track on your hands. Keep it up CreoleMix!!

Overall, lyrics on both songs could use some weight and development. In my opinion, 4 Real has a slight edge on CreoleMix due to the vocals. Good job by both bands and do your best not to sound like any other bands out there. Find your identity, create your spot in the industry and pursue that. Keep it up guys and best of luck !!!!

JMPerry

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

4 REAL

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Neg2byen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2 nice tracks indeed but I would have give 4real my vote because the singer for CreoleMix has no business singing. Vwa misye pa bon menm...
It was easier for me to listen to 4real song. 4Real!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: