Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - REYNALDOVICE ON GERALD KEBREAU'S INTERVIEW!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

REYNALDOVICE ON GERALD KEBREAU'S INTERVIEW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PhizUniq wrote:
SIROMYEL wrote:
I do not believe that some of you missed that the end of Rey's statement was totally inappropriate. It even is borderline sarcastic.

Though the beginning of the statement is fine, the 2nd part completely negates it. Se pa jan ou komanse a se jan ou fini an.

We know that you are getting a replacement so there is no need to tell us that...especially not in this statement.

That's like saying... out of respect for you i won't comment... BTW... It didn't take long to replace you.

A thank you for so many years of service and I wish we could have worked things out would have been a better way to end this statement.

The same way it didn't take long for Gerald to find another job, maybe even before he quit T-Vice.

kompamagazine wrote:
GERALD KEBREAU: Today I am fortunate enough to say that I was signed to a 4 month contract performing with the Seth Burkhat 4 aboard the Allure of the Seas by Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. I’ve crossed over from full time kompa to full-time jazz at least for the next few months.

I also started a project called “Unclazzified” with a great friend pianist by the name of Allen Paul, and drummer Jason Kent. We are currently working on a 5-6 song EP, recording jazz tunes that we composed and produced, and will test the Jazz/R&B market.

I really don't see what is the big deal.

really phyz?

before you quit your job, you don't make sure you have another one?

Does that mean that your former employer can just hint that you are some expendable robot?

come on, ann mete on ti humanite nan bagay yo?

so for t-vice to show the guy some appreciation for so many years of service, he had to be jobless!!!

c'mon.

Anyway... I'm done with this poin

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Siromyel,

I guess you missed this point:

kompamagazine wrote:
REYNALDO MARTINO: "Out of respect for all the years that we cherished on stage I choose to not comment. I wish Gerald the very best, he will always be part of The Vice family. Soon we will announce his replacement that has already been chosen. One luv."

I really don't see the big deal with Reynaldo announcing Gerald's replacement.

How does that mean he doesn't appreciate and value Gerald's work in the band? So just because he already has a replacement in mind, Gerald wasn't worth nothing to the band?

You sound more like someone who would like to see T-Vice struggle and take months to find a replacement.

Gerald quit. It's unfortunate. But the show must go on. He will be replaced as soon as possible. Simple as that.

owen1055

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We all understand that business must go on as usual but he did not have to mention anything about the replacement. It was done in poor taste and wrong timing.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: