Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - ROBERTO MARTINO AUDIO: WHY TVICE HAD TO CLEAN HOUSE!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ROBERTO MARTINO AUDIO: WHY TVICE HAD TO CLEAN HOUSE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhizUniq

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
And IF IT'S TRUE that Gerald was in the band for 15 years, but did not give the band his all, why is that? Are there any incentives for guys to go above and beyond if at the end of the day, they'll still be looked upon as mere "giggers"?

I don't agree.

Let's take for example Olivier.

Gerald has been in the band much longer than Olivier (15 years vs 8 years). But since Olivier joined the band in 2005, he made his mark and contributed greatly to T-Vice from the "Kitem Viv" album to "Resan". He didn't just limit himself to being a 2nd singer, he wrote songs which became HITS and co-wrote other songs with Roberto and Reynaldo.

Olivier even CO-DIRECTED T-Vice last video "Resan". To me, that's a big plus!

He brought a lot to the band. He negotiated a raise and maybe a higher status given his contributions. T-Vice recognized that, they accepted his return and made a new deal with him.

It could have been the same for Gerald, had he done it too. And I agree with Roberto on this; what you give in is what you get out! I can only remember 1 time I saw Gerald's in the song credits on a T-Vice album. I think it's for the song "Pou Janm Pale".

cuttableman21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bagay Berto ap di Gerald pat bay tout li menm lan,mwen ta renmen konnen nan kisa anko yo te vle misye bay tout li menm lan? Neg la se basis,li enpwovize sou bass lan,ale nan repetisyon,toujou prezan tout kote jaz lan ap jwe e latriye.Gerald rete nan liy ke li konnen li bon. Neg lan pa ekriven,konpozite,chante,so li fe sa li gen pou l fe nan depatman pa li a ki se bassist,e yo rekonet misye tankou yon gwo mizisyen nan domen pa li an.

Lot neg ki te bay tout yo menm lan, poukisa yo pa jwen plis ke sa tou Question Question Question poukisa yo ap plenyen Question Question Question Something does not make sense to me here. Olivier ki gen 8 years nan ekip lan,poukisa li te ale,e malgre tout kontribisyon misye li pat janm band owner si se sa ki pwoblem lan vre jan Martinos yo ap fose moun konprann lan.

Berto di ke le yo book djazz lan,li make sure ke neg yo nan menm hotel ak yo.Men, tekwe se devwa management djaz lan pou make sure ke tout members jwenn menm swen an,sitou nan yon gwo jazz tankou T-vice.

Ayani

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Berto di ke le yo book djazz lan,li make sure ke neg yo nan menm hotel ak yo.Men, tekwe se devwa management djaz lan pou make sure ke tout members jwenn menm swen an,sitou nan yon gwo jazz tankou T-vice.

Ato nou panse boukenson se verite lap bay .....li fe preske 30 mntes ap rablabla ,men li pa janm di ki complaints ke giggers yo te pote bay management et ki steps management te pran pou fixe problems yo .....it was all about I'm boukenson, you cant fool me, giggers trying be owners , konplo , blah blah blah Arrow Arrow

Cheetah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW ... Roberto is soooo full of it!

Mte ka bay msye kredi wi pou sal di yo, BUT msye kontredi tet li nan anpil sal dil.

1- Robeto di tout muzisyen nan jazz la se fanmi, li trete yo avek respe, tout moun monte nan menm machinn, etc era .... men se menm Robeto sa ki di "TOUT GIGGER GEN FOLI OWNER" .... Now really Roberto? Really? How CONDESCENDING? Komsi gigger a paka gen pwop anbisyon'l? Se ou selman ki ka met jazz? Rolling Eyes That statement really got me fuming! Evil or Very Mad - Pure sign of disrespect!

2- Robeto di se konplo yap fe PASKE NEG YO CHITA ANSANM YAP PALE APRE YO FINN MANJE NAN IBO LELE ... REALLY???? Donk neg yo pou ko yo nan otel la, yap manje ansanm, le yo finn manje, kisa ou te vle yo fe menm? Komsi la yo paka pale ak lot? What kind of analogie is that? - se yon pwen pesekisyon menm ou genyen patron!

Robeto not everything is about money, you can be working for an organization and get paid well but feel miserable by the way you're being treated by management ... menm si mwen pat tande anyen nan sa tout lot neg yo te di a, but your condensending statements prove them all right ... Se ou ki pou anwo sou throne nan, pandan ke res yo anba a, wap voye miet pen ba yo ... Mkontan klosh la resi sonen pou msye sa yo pou yo reyalize ke T-Vice pa la mane du matin, se pa T-Vice ki pi bon band, there is way better out there ...

With all of that said, good luck to you and your institution.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PhizUniq wrote:
jeanVALjean wrote:
And IF IT'S TRUE that Gerald was in the band for 15 years, but did not give the band his all, why is that? Are there any incentives for guys to go above and beyond if at the end of the day, they'll still be looked upon as mere "giggers"?

I don't agree.
Let's take for example Olivier.
Gerald has been in the band much longer than Olivier (15 years vs 8 years). But since Olivier joined the band in 2005, he made his mark and contributed greatly to T-Vice from the "Kitem Viv" album to "Resan". He didn't just limit himself to being a 2nd singer, he wrote songs which became HITS and co-wrote other songs with Roberto and Reynaldo.
Olivier even CO-DIRECTED T-Vice last video "Resan". To me, that's a big plus!
He brought a lot to the band. He negotiated a raise and maybe a higher status given his contributions. T-Vice recognized that, they accepted his return and made a new deal with him.
It could have been the same for Gerald, had he done it too. And I agree with Roberto on this; what you give in is what you get out! I can only remember 1 time I saw Gerald's in the song credits on a T-Vice album. I think it's for the song "Pou Janm Pale".

The way you explained the Olivier situation is not exactly how the events transpired (at least from my vintage point). He was a major contributor (writer of hit songs and singer) on arguably T-Vice's best album and yet he left. Your argument would have been bolstered had T-Vice negotiated with him BEFORE he felt compelled to leave for greener pastures. It took his departure for the band to realize that they had erred and the fact that they allowed him to return is a tacit admission of that mistake.

Point/counterpoint: What he put in is NOT what he got in return!

So, if Olivier who is the group's best singer, a writer, a videographer and all around chick magnet could not get beyond his station ("gigger who wants to be owner" Razz ), what makes you think a bassist-even one as talented as Gerald- could? (see the post on easiest positions to fill).

I'm not necessarily advocating ownership stakes and this isn't relegated to just T-Vice. Bands in general must find ways to incentivize members (I use this term loosely) to contribute to the best of their abilities. You can't see and treat someone as a "gigger" (used pejoratively) then criticize them for not doing more beyond showing up for their gigs or even entertaining offers from elsewhere. At what point are these guys viewed as full fledged, necessary and valued components who have a stake in the band's success or failure?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: