KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CARIMI/MIKA VIDEO SINGING FOR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS IN HAITI!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joudre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Enfin!
So, because lil wayne does it, that automatically gives Carimi the greenlight to take it from here and go replicate it at our school at home?

So because some, not all, some of our kids are already exposed to those explicit lyrics, it makes it allright for Carimi ignore a couple of them that maybe have not?

SO IN LIGHT OF ALL THIS, WHAT IS CARIMI TRYING TO DO?

Take every single garbage from the american culture and inject it in the mind of our kids?

THEY 'VE ALREADY CONVINCED US, OUR KIDS THAT OUR MUSIC IS GARBAGE AND THAT THEY NEEDED TO DILUTE IT WITH AMERICAN AND TECHNO BEAT IN ORDER TO RID US OF OUR SHAME!

WHAT'S NEXT CARIMI? THE NEXT SCHOOL YOU GUYS HIT, IS CARLO GOING TO BRING A POLE AND A STRIPPER WITH HIM?

I think you guys should go for it, since my compadre so eloquently put it "timoun yo gentan gate deja"..

GO AHEAD.. Next time bring AKON with you in the SCHOOLS.. Since he is the one who was to replace Izo and let him sing:

"I see you windin’ and grindin’ up on the floor
I know you see me lookin' at you and you already know
I wanna f$&k you, you already know
I wanna f$&k you, you already know"

That will bring it home.. Just remember how much money Akon lost just because he "windin and grindin " on a MINOR!

Mizikamort

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I personally condemn CaRiMi for bringing it to the classroom, but believe or not some of these kids have been exposed to worst than that in the radio stations, DJs programs, bis Kafou ak Kafou Fèy, ect...

There is no control nowadays in Haiti on what can be aired or not. Let take for example the song "Fè W%&$ Mache" by a popular haitian DJ, it has all derogatory terms on it against women. But it is still being played in all major programs and in the buses transporting children. Not all, but many kids both sex sing and enjoy it.

It is sad but what can we do. Ca Ri Mi are very intelligent and educated and we all do mistakes. I know for sure they are not going to do the same mistake again. They will continue the same marketing without the same mistake. I count on you guys. Let's go!!!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: RICHARD CAVE STATEMENT ABOUT THE VIDEO! Reply with quote Back to top

RICHARD CAVE: We played at the school of medecine university of notre dame 4 years. 4 eme anne college. These are not 14 years old kids."

KM!

Seby85

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

joudre wrote:

Take every single garbage from the american culture and inject it in the mind of our kids?

THEY 'VE ALREADY CONVINCED US, OUR KIDS THAT OUR MUSIC IS GARBAGE AND THAT THEY NEEDED TO DILUTE IT WITH AMERICAN AND TECHNO BEAT IN ORDER TO RID US OF OUR SHAME!

In my opinion, It is the duty of an artist to push the limit of his craft. Why should a musician, an artist who perceive the arts very subjectively, remain slave to a specific musical mold? Why is partial assimilation a bad word? So in your world, Kompa ought to remain in splendid isolation; And anyone with a creative and innovative mind who dares to explore the infinite possibilities that exists in musical composition is a traitor to their culture? We live in a very dynamic and organic world that keeps evolving. Why should kompa be the exception and stay stagnant? I'm actually glad that they are taking a different route. You call it dilution; I call it evolution. Why should every band sound like Klass, Zenglen, or Disip?

I think it's perfectly ok to not like a particular band because of its musical direction. But to say that Carimi is involved in some conspiracy to convince Haitians of the worthlessness of their culture just because they've chosen a particular musical direction that does not fall in line with what ever you consider to be "authentic haitian culture" is incredibly asinine. Remember Kompa evolved from Meringue.

belfam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh oh carimi ap fe medam yo tounin freak rete lolll

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ohh please... you guys are just being politically correct!

These people are grown-ups, not kids.

I really don't see the big deal.

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bay moun tet yo non, "i'm a freak i'm gonna make your body feel good" kote sa moun paka chante laa devan yon bann elev inivesite.
depi kileu nou te sansub konsa, ti mesye kite zafe politik saa, li pap regle anyen pou nou, ni sa pap anpeche Carimi fe sal gin poul fe ya
Arrow
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

cuttableman21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doncue, before you and some others come to jump the gun, you might need to understand where the misunderstanding came from. Firstly, the previous title of this post before it was rectified, was misleading as it stated that it was for "SCHOOL KIDS." Secondly,the youtube video even mentioned for "CHILDREN". Therefore, that led us to believe the event took place inside a classroom at a high school. Now that Richard has clarified that it was at a university in front of some grown up folks,we all put the issue to rest,and we keep it moving.

Mwen pa panse gen moun ki t ap mansyone anyen si tout fwa yo te fe konnen davans se te nan yon inivesite devan elev ki nan katriyèm ane medsin ti mesye yo t ap chante a.

Melfanatik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This video warms my heart.

Carimi and Mika are very loved at the motherland and the students knew every word of the song.

Good Job, guys!

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
bay moun tet yo non, "i'm a freak i'm gonna make your body feel good" kote sa moun paka chante laa devan yon bann elev inivesite.
depi kileu nou te sansub konsa, ti mesye kite zafe politik saa, li pap regle anyen pou nou, ni sa pap anpeche Carimi fe sal gin poul fe ya
Arrow

Don nan, c apre plenyen ke klarifikasion vin fet...avan, post la te di c douvan elev lekol, ki vle di ti moun...
si depi okomansman nou te konen c pou elev inivesite yo tap jwe,
patap gen kesionman sa yo

nou toujou yon peyi pov vre, nou eli yon prezidan ki te kon ap desan kanson li nan vizaj nou vre...
men malgre tou nou rete an majorite yon nasion ki gen ti disipline...sa nap di nan kèn, nou pap metel deyo Wink Wink

ZENGLEN PI RED

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: