KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

THE HMI IS IN PANIC MODE & HERE'S WHY SAYS......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoseJaune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The sooner you guys understand that the upcoming generation does not listen to kompa or go to kompa events the easier you guys will figure out the problem!....who was the last new generation band to come out???....carimi......and thats been more than 10 years ago....carimi al ak ti generation sa....and the very few people that still go out to band parties are really ...really reallllllyyyyy tired of listening to the same old crap...its the same old show nothing innovative , so why waste money anymore , when you can youtube the performances, listen to the songs online and throw your own party with those songs from ur ipod .

The bands dont offer anything at alllll in terms of a show when you go to their performances. dressing up in matching outfits does not count also..
...and people telling me that klass zenglen etc etc albums are great ....well yes there good , but what is so innovatiove about them??...in 1 year tops you will forget about all of them and not one single one of them are classics!.....

haitianone made reference to the bands being top of world charts!.... well although that is true, that is only because technology has hit every corner of the world now, and its very easy now and acessible to many. So people buy their albums online now and its much more practical, buy the songs you want and forget about the others. That still does not make the song material a better quality than years past!
Putting cds out every 4 years will not cut it also, especially if your music is not that great. it is teh same bands that has been in the market for yearrsss and nothing innovative as well. the HMI needs an injection and needs on very soon!

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RoseJaune wrote:
The sooner you guys understand that the upcoming generation does not listen to kompa or go to kompa events the easier you guys will figure out the problem!....who was the last new generation band to come out???....carimi......and thats been more than 10 years ago....carimi al ak ti generation sa....and the very few people that still go out to band parties are really ...really reallllllyyyyy tired of listening to the same old crap...its the same old show nothing innovative , so why waste money anymore , when you can youtube the performances, listen to the songs online and throw your own party with those songs from ur ipod .

The bands dont offer anything at alllll in terms of a show when you go to their performances. dressing up in matching outfits does not count also..
...and people telling me that klass zenglen etc etc albums are great ....well yes there good , but what is so innovatiove about them??...in 1 year tops you will forget about all of them and not one single one of them are classics!.....

haitianone made reference to the bands being top of world charts!.... well although that is true, that is only because technology has hit every corner of the world now, and its very easy now and acessible to many. So people buy their albums online now and its much more practical, buy the songs you want and forget about the others. That still does not make the song material a better quality than years past!
Putting cds out every 4 years will not cut it also, especially if your music is not that great. it is teh same bands that has been in the market for yearrsss and nothing innovative as well. the HMI needs an injection and needs on very soon!

I love music.. Kompa junky ... from old very old to New ... but i kind
of it Hard to Dissagree with what He/she saying here.

And that in a nutshell is mind boggling ... can't grasp who's fault it
is and not ready to agree fully but hey ...something need to be done. ..

Anyways......>>

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Jimbo, what you said shows that you are new to the HMI. Back in those days system band for example they kon bay more than 2500 people by themselves in Miami and play for two weekends back to back. 1000 plus people was expected the following sunday. Ki denye fwa ou tande on bagay konsa fet ak nouveau djazz yo. Now 2 djazz pa ka bawou sa on djazz te kon ba ou. Mande sa Sweet Mickey kon fe. Zin, phantom by themselves. In terms of album sales let not even get into it. Nimpot vye album te kon van as must as what we are calling our top selling album these days.
On another front, we are going back to what Mr. Brisseaux stated recently as a reason why we are where we are. Another poster made some valid point about the communication needed between the music makers and the public.

How many bands got ranked on Billboard back in the day?

Monche bay moun zoreille yo

H1, sanble ou bliye ke konpa is mostly a "dance" music..
Si moun pa soti koman pou yo fe kob?
Things are so bad that si yon fet fe 300 moun wap jwenn promoteur kap monte laa sou KM vinn di ke fet la te reusi..

Last edited by Jay Brooklyn on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

BonKompa29

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

monche all of that have to do with times getting hard so people tend to be stiff with their money, people look for cheaper events to go to like DJs, simple as that, it has nothing to do with not having great nusic, tout album sa yo ki soti laa recently plin bel music from left to right and the kompa world re boost when those albums came out so i donno what the man talking about

truthbetold

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

H1, Yes the band are better at managing there business, but money wise there was more money in the business. Billboard is not new to Haitian bands. They use to review Haitian music on a regular back then. Ki yes nan new band yo ki rive nan sales number album New-York City Tabou Combo. Back then pat gen internet pou fe promotion monche. I do not mean to offend anyone, however a lot of your answers show that you are new to the HMI. The numbers are no longer what they use to be period.

Sekinam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With all these talks about how bad the HMI is nowadays. I'm wondering if maestro like Dadou Pasket, Cubano, Douby, Dejean, Shoubou have made more money with their music than the current maestro like Arly, Nicky, Richie, Martino?

pascoulito

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is the cold hearted truth y'all. we are missing good promoters, bands are more electronics nowadays, no harmony in their songs, some of their lyrics are cheesy as hell!!!!! no soul, no passion. i am a young man who was borne in a wrong generation because besides Klass who is trying to bring those stuffs back i listen to old records and old band such as system band, zin skah sha,DIpi, magnum band, and so on and on. my dad was saying the other on how band just don't have an introduction to their songs anymore and it hit me y'all i was like yo this is so true. go listen to a dipi record, a tropicana record or a system band record and just listen to how they always start their songs. I'm working on something big soon y'all see me out there doing it

DJ Normal1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

m ta renmen yo rebat kat la,paske pou jan bagay yo ap mache pou haitien mizik indistri a li pa nan yon bon direksyon.

Last edited by DJ Normal1 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

DJ Normal1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HMI la ap woule nan move direksyon lontan sa,kounnye a li deja trop ta pou yo retoune nan chemen original yo

Bel_poze

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Promoteur sa Fou li menm......tout bel album ki fet apre yo se Fatra............Lontan m te Makout mwen fe arete misye wi.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: