KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

love me some konpa thats all

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pascoulito

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: love me some konpa thats all Reply with quote Back to top

I remember back in the days when music was about making people happy. Our music had a meaning and most importantly bands nowadays forgot how our music got where it is now.

As a kid, I grew up listening to any sort of musics; you can name them from country, rock, jazz, blues, heavy metal and so on but my true love was will always be Konpa Direk. I had the opportunity to meet some of our greatest musicians through my father who is also a musician and talking to them and picking their brain didn't mean much back then but now I understand the true meaning of what they were talking about. One thing I learned about music was its history. It made understand how we got where we are now and most importantly I learned to respect our heritage. Thats why i fell in love with bands such as Magnum band, Dipi, Tropicana, Freres Dejeans, and all the old bands we had back in the days and understand that I was bornein the 80's it's just what I grew up listen to when I was a kid.

Now days, I believe bands had lost a step, they have lost a hedge. I know they are some bands who had tried to to keep our music up to a standard but because our industry is more about "the money" now they forgot about the fans and the love for music. However though I know some bands who had shown some of that old school flavor such as Zenglen but in my opinion the only band who had stayed consistent with mixing the old school genre with our new generation in Mizik Mizik.

In addition, us fans had a big role to play in this regression. Its totally fine to support your favorite band or singer but let's not forget we can't just disrespect a band or a singer because you are not a fan or because you don't follow it, at end of the day musicians are human being they breath, they feel and they play the same konpa as your favorite band.

Me, I'm for the progression of our music and our culture. It doesn't matter who you follow or who I follow because at the end of the day I will respectfully speak up my mind about your band or mine, I will applaud your favorite singer and also constructively criticize as well when I need you, I will do the same for whomever I follow as well. If you can not take it just don't read it then lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: