KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NuLook vs Klass at Amazura
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jowi boston

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zanmim ou pa bezwen ap fait move san, se yon bagay ki normal paske klass pa gen materiel pou li kanpe en face nulook.
Bon si yo te bay chak jazz 4 heures de temps pou yo jwe nulook tap tou fini ak klass net wi, paske klass se 6 muzik li genyen wi, jazz ka fait show down ak 6 muzik?
nulook montre yo diferans entre yon champion ak yon contender period....

Sekinam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jowi boston wrote:
zanmim ou pa bezwen ap fait move san, se yon bagay ki normal paske klass pa gen materiel pou li kanpe en face nulook.
Bon si yo te bay chak jazz 4 heures de temps pou yo jwe nulook tap tou fini ak klass net wi, paske klass se 6 muzik li genyen wi, jazz ka fait show down ak 6 muzik?
nulook montre yo diferans entre yon champion ak yon contender period....

Si le'w te lekol se nan chif 6 yo te kanpe, ou me't tounen lekol, paske si'w te kon'n kote ou pa ta'p repete yon betiz konsa

pascoulito

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: my take on nulook and klass Reply with quote Back to top

For me, if there was an award for performance of the year then Nu-Look would have came in 1st 2nd and 3rd place because thats how well they performed that night. The entire set-up was great, musically they were well prepared, Arly showcased his vocal skills and proved that he is one of the best in the HMI business right now, no question about he's singing capabilities. I've saying for months that Arly despite his amazing vocal skills that he needed to connect more with his audience and man oh man did he do just that!!!! big shout out to Arly for such a great performance.

About they way Nu-look started it wasn't that great, I mean c'mon why Laporte was singing?!?!? when I saw the orchestra, I thought they were gonna let them play them play an entire Nu-Look song which I believe would have been much better. However, for those of us who knows and understand their music the orchestra was nice and everything but sometimes I think Arly tense to forget that he isn't the only person with his knowledge of music. I understand the need for the orchestra for the music Confessions but if they were gonna do something different then yes keep them on stage but if the orchestra is doing the same progressions the keyboard is doing with the same notes and all that then I'm sorry I can't say it was something different I mean it looked different but same progression and same notes!!!! yea I'm sorry lol as far as I'm concerned it was a nice "Broadway Show" which is cool because it wasn't just "voyé monté" it was a very smart performance by New-Look because they knew they were coming into hostile territory but at the end I honestly believe Nu-Look won some new hearts and broke the heart of some Klass fans lol

what about Klass? well I think they shoot themselves in the foot with their performance.I don't know if they were prepared or underestimated Nu-Look which was a terribly mistake. I am not a Nu-Look fan but I don't care who you are but when it comes to "jwè konpa" Nu-Look ka depozé konpa nan tout zo kòt ou!!!!!! anyway I was honestly a lil disappointed of Klass performance. Maybe just maybe they got intimidated but Nu-Look's awesome performance and decided to make some last minute changes or whatever but dang i was expecting more from Klass; they played faster then usual , louder then usual and what the heck was that entrance Pipo did?!?!?!?! it was sack and corny as hell, I'm a big time pipo fan but that entrance was corny and unnecessary. I mean Klass got on stage and did their things but i was expecting more from them.

pascoulito

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: keep calm, it was just one night Reply with quote Back to top

Friday night showdown was the best i've seen all year especially from Nu-Look who had the best performance of the night. Nu-Look's set up and performance were awesome, the orchestra was the icing on the cake and Arly prove that our konpa can be played by whomever, even it wasn't the first time a band added an orchestra on their stage but it was clearly smart thinking by whomever came up with the idea.

Klass, well i have no idea what they were thinking friday night, like seriously the band is too talented to deliver such mediocre performance. I honestly don't have much to say about how they played, i mean i like the band; not my favorite band but i enjoy listen and watching them perform but lord have mercy this one was bad.

But hey lets not get carried too much away it was just one and even though Nu-Look outplayed Klass lets not write them out. I believe Klass will not make that mistake again...EVER!!!

Neg Timid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: my take on nulook and klass Reply with quote Back to top

pascoulito wrote:
For me, if there was an award for performance of the year then Nu-Look would have came in 1st 2nd and 3rd place because thats how well they performed that night. The entire set-up was great, musically they were well prepared, Arly showcased his vocal skills and proved that he is one of the best in the HMI business right now, no question about he's singing capabilities. I've saying for months that Arly despite his amazing vocal skills that he needed to connect more with his audience and man oh man did he do just that!!!! big shout out to Arly for such a great performance.

About they way Nu-look started it wasn't that great, I mean c'mon why Laporte was singing?!?!? when I saw the orchestra, I thought they were gonna let them play them play an entire Nu-Look song which I believe would have been much better. However, for those of us who knows and understand their music the orchestra was nice and everything but sometimes I think Arly tense to forget that he isn't the only person with his knowledge of music. I understand the need for the orchestra for the music Confessions but if they were gonna do something different then yes keep them on stage but if the orchestra is doing the same progressions the keyboard is doing with the same notes and all that then I'm sorry I can't say it was something different I mean it looked different but same progression and same notes!!!! yea I'm sorry lol as far as I'm concerned it was a nice "Broadway Show" which is cool because it wasn't just "voyé monté" it was a very smart performance by New-Look because they knew they were coming into hostile territory but at the end I honestly believe Nu-Look won some new hearts and broke the heart of some Klass fans lol

what about Klass? well I think they shoot themselves in the foot with their performance.I don't know if they were prepared or underestimated Nu-Look which was a terribly mistake. I am not a Nu-Look fan but I don't care who you are but when it comes to "jwè konpa" Nu-Look ka depozé konpa nan tout zo kòt ou!!!!!! anyway I was honestly a lil disappointed of Klass performance. Maybe just maybe they got intimidated but Nu-Look's awesome performance and decided to make some last minute changes or whatever but dang i was expecting more from Klass; they played faster then usual , louder then usual and what the heck was that entrance Pipo did?!?!?!?! it was sack and corny as hell, I'm a big time pipo fan but that entrance was corny and unnecessary. I mean Klass got on stage and did their things but i was expecting more from them.

Verite a se yon sèl li ye ke w leve kò w frape atè. Nan je tout moun, Nu-Look te bay yon pi bèl pèfòmans ke Klass, yo te pi byen prepare pou sware a. Fanatik Klass mèt fè sa yo vle, yo pap ka efase reyalite sila. E se menm jan an tou, gen lòt verite k'ap devwale tou, malgre fanatik Nu-Look vle pran moun pou enbesil...

M'ap voye yon gwo kout chapo pou Pascoulito ki se yon fanatik Nu-Look, men ki yon trè bon fanatik, li pa yon fanatik malad k'ap voye monte san gade dèyè...

Enben, zòrèy li ba l menm sa m tande a tou. Nou tande sa l di nou la-a: Arly panse se li sèlman ki konn mizik, li panse li gendwa vegle je moun, pa gen moun ki konnen k'ap wè sa. Wi, ou pran yon òkès Philharmonic pou vin akonpanye Nu-Look, se bèl bagay sa... Jis ap gade tout mizisyen sa yo sou sèn nan fè yon gwo enpak. Men lè òkès ki vin akonpanye l la ap jwe egzakteman menm nòt mizik avèk kibòdis la, sa se pran moun pou enbesil. Kote enpwovizasyon òkès la sou Nu-Look? Si òkès sa-a te gen malè jwe avèk Nu Look pou tout bon, Nu-Look t'ap manje moun... Antan yon kritik, menm lè mwen pa fanatik, mwen t'ap enpresyone. Kidonk sa ki fè fanatik Nu-Look ap rele anmwe a se te jis yon dekò li ye, pa't gen anyen serye vrèman. Sa ap fè enpak sou moun ki pa konn anyen nan mizik. Apre sa, tout lòt bagay se te 10/10, sa pa retire anyen nonplis nan viktwa sware a pou Nu-Look sou Klass, yo te jis pi byen pèfòme. Arly remèt youn nan pi bèl pèfòmans li depi l te pase devan Nu-Look kòm frontman.

NT

speedy/kreyol la

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: my take on nulook and klass Reply with quote Back to top

pascoulito wrote:

Sa vle di ou pa janm tande cd NU LOOK yo, ou gin le pa tande yo toujou gin Violin laden yo? Se minm partition yo jwe nan album yo yo just execute yo live nan minm fason an.
Gin le ou te vle yo fe on lot bagay? Lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: