Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - LIST OF SINGERS ON DJAZZ LA'S UPCOMING VOLUME 8 CD!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

LIST OF SINGERS ON DJAZZ LA'S UPCOMING VOLUME 8 CD!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: LIST OF SINGERS ON DJAZZ LA'S UPCOMING VOLUME 8 CD! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the list below
Arly lariviere, jean Philippe martelly, fatman scoop, Cyndy martelly, Milca , mickael guirand, Shabba , Roberto Martino, Jude jean, mac d mikaben , gazzman, Olivier duret, Danny p., Landry nsonsa, Tantann, Tjoe Zenny, prince hello , richie, Kenny Desmangles, Tpo ,Riva Précil, Guerro Noel, Roody Delpe, michael Clarke, Manno Farinin, Djumay,onald Philippe, China blak Djs voices:dj5lan, bobby jam,Dj Stakz

bel mizik

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pere Shedly bay nom chanteur yo nan l'ordre alphabetic... Laughing

anslyto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kisa Roberto vinn fe nan bel projet sa laaa , mwen pa ta vle kwe se chante li pral chante.. smh

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HappyMax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the vocal of the moment aka PIPO? I guess he is still not picking up Shedly's call...still mad that he was not told that Gazzman was going to sing in the same music in the last CD.
In Gazzman's voice: Shedly ou pral wè difference la
In Pipo's voice: Shedly tou Kimbé difference lan

Pe Shed...Give the guy a call...you cannot have an all-stars' lineup without Pipo these days...Give him his well deserved shot.

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have always liked this Djazz La movement but I think Shedly is kinda missing out on bigger picture...since these songs will be identified for those who sing them and their bands moreso than Shedley's Djazz La project why not have those songs on the bands album instead

Bands need and should have outside producers involved in their albums anyway...and Shedly has delivered the goods time n time again

HappyMax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
I have always liked this Djazz La movement but I think Shedly is kinda missing out on bigger picture...since these songs will be identified for those who sing them and their bands moreso than Shedley's Djazz La project why not have those songs on the bands album instead

Bands need and should have outside producers involved in their albums anyway...and Shedly has delivered the goods time n time again

Hmm, If you look at how Disip extended the life of "SexyLove" from Volume 6, you may have a point. But it was a rare exception as Disip needed more non-Disip musics (Ex: Kobay "DeZin", that Tropicana song..) back then.

Most bands (TVice, Carimi, Nulook, Klass..don't even have time to showcase their repertoire, so it will be hard to see them playing a Shedly written song that involves other musicians (voices, intruments) in the first place. Also Djazz la's concept is centered into the rework of an old successful song, not sure if it makes sense to run them through another band.

Not that you are that far off...but there are many downsides to your option. Pe Shed should stick with what has been working for him: Get the guys to have a good time together (jab and joke about each other) and play something different for a studio CD.

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HappyMax wrote:
Hmm, If you look at how Disip extended the life of "SexyLove" from Volume 6, you may have a point. But it was a rare exception as Disip needed more non-Disip musics (Ex: Kobay "DeZin", that Tropicana song..) back then.

Most bands (TVice, Carimi, Nulook, Klass..don't even have time to showcase their repertoire, so it will be hard to see them playing a Shedly written song that involves other musicians (voices, intruments) in the first place. Also Djazz la's concept is centered into the rework of an old successful song, not sure if it makes sense to run them through another band.

Not that you are that far off...but there are many downsides to your option. Pe Shed should stick with what has been working for him: Get the guys to have a good time together (jab and joke about each other) and play something different for a studio CD.

Gazzman was in fact the biggest benefactor...but Nickensopn Prudhomme also had a hit that Zenglen (his band at the time didnt exploit as much)....Roberto sung a song "Apiye" I believe that created a buzz and demand for them to play live....CaRiMi (Carlo) I remember had some controversy over his Djazz la song, whether it was going to be added on the band's album or not.

Even though I do agree band repertoire excuses are made all the time..but if a song is a hit its a hit and any band will make it work like Gazzman did.

I am by no means saying Shedly should completely abandon the Djazz La project, like you said some songs are just new interpretations; but he can have greater success and longevity with his music if he uses the band as his vessel especially when they need new and fresh material themselves

HappyMax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
HappyMax wrote:

Gazzman was in fact the biggest benefactor...but Nickensopn Prudhomme also had a hit that Zenglen (his band at the time didnt exploit as much)....Roberto sung a song "Apiye" I believe that created a buzz and demand for them to play live....CaRiMi (Carlo) I remember had some controversy over his Djazz la song, whether it was going to be added on the band's album or not.

Even though I do agree band repertoire excuses are made all the time..but if a song is a hit its a hit and any band will make it work like Gazzman did.

I am by no means saying Shedly should completely abandon the Djazz La project, like you said some songs are just new interpretations; but he can have greater success and longevity with his music if he uses the band as his vessel especially when they need new and fresh material themselves

It is not that simple. Once Disip started pushing "Poukisa", and other songs of Album#2, they barely play SexyLove, so it is too much of a gamble to take your approach. We will have to stick with listening to Djazz la on Sunday when we are tired of the typical band musics

Noupapemoun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

anslyto wrote:
Kisa Roberto vinn fe nan bel projet sa laaa , mwen pa ta vle kwe se chante li pral chante.. smh

Useless comment... c'mon man!

Fòk Pipo te nan line up sa vre. It's well deserved!

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

30 chanteurs lan yon CD?
Konbyen mizik kap gen sou CD sa a?
Pat, mandé Pè a pou mwen, please!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: