Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - NU LOOK ANTILLES MAJOR STATEMENT BY ARLY AS HE EXPLAINS.....
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NU LOOK ANTILLES MAJOR STATEMENT BY ARLY AS HE EXPLAINS.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedy/kreyol la

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shah wrote:
@ Speedy/Kreyola
"It is NOT easy for a Haitian band to be fully accepted in the Antilles".
Not true at all. FYI, you can go on you tube and you will find documents that Animate nan antill yo ap pale sa Konpa direk fe pou culture yo. C konpa direk yo t identifye tet yo. Who introduced it to them, NuLook? I don't think so. All the previous bands that I mentioned were all acepted by the islanders. I am not sure how old was Mr. Lariviere but he can ask his father.

So before defending Arly, try to understand my points and I respectfully said what needed to be said. If you want to drag it in the gutter, I am not with you. I am all for the advancement of our culture/Konpa direk not NL. But if NL makes that happen I will be pretty happy about it too. It can't be "Me, ME, ME all the time. Got it.

Shah the maestro is very correct. While kompa remains powerful in the antilles, it's not easy for the antillaise crowd to fully embrace a kompa band, it's been like since the general kompa boycott of 1982-1985 and the birth of Zouk music, Only a very few bands made it big downthere eversince, unlike the 60s and the 70s when kompa was the only king,
Do your homework brother, there is a big difference of bands traveling to the islands to play for an haitian crowd and those that are adopted by the antillais.
maestro Arly is on point

belfam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good for you and the band
Kompa Direk devan

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

belfam wrote:
Kompa Direk devan

Fom ta we kek visuals avanm believe... Laughing

speedy/kreyol la

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
belfam wrote:
Kompa Direk devan

Fom ta we kek visuals avanm believe... Laughing

Depi KM te bay pemission m'tap benyen'w ak foto ak video juskaske'w sou.
Nu Look le chouchou des antillais yo di'w wi

shah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Speedy Kreol;
"Good for you and the band
Kompa Direk devan"

LouisJeanBeauge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LadyK how are you? Smile For as much as I’m not a Nu Look fan or Arly Lariviere for that matter, I don’t see the maestro’s statement as abrasive or a disregard to the ones who paved the way.

Au contraire, in the statement, he stated that it’s not easy for the Antilles market to accept a newer Haitian Konpa band, which is true. And that’s exactly because of those early Konpa bands Shah mentioned. DP, Scorpio, Skah Shah, Magnum Band etc and even bands that weren't too big here in our communities. They truly embraced those bands. I might even venture out and say that they embraced those bands even more so than Haitian fans did. Those bands are still getting airplay till this day. I meet young Caribbean musicians (non-Haitian) all the time who are still playing DP, Scorpio etc… Almost no Haitian band is playing like those bands of the past.

To be a newer Konpa band – Newer as in not older than Magnum band or Tabou Combo - and be accepted in that market is a sign that you might be somewhat close to what they fell in love with when they first started to listen to Haitian music.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: