KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CARIMI MAESTRO DEFENDS GROUP'S "LA RELEVE" RECORD!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: CARIMI MAESTRO DEFENDS GROUP'S "LA RELEVE" RECORD! Reply with quote Back to top

CARIMI maestro RICHARD CAVE did not appreciate a member's point of view on CARIMI's position in terms of helping upcoming bands (The LA RELEVE POST); so the maestro felt that he needed to make a strong point to defend his group's "LA RELEVE" record. This is the note that he sent us below.

RICHARD CAVE: "Patrick, Some people are not informed and sometimes are saying things that they don't know. Carimi pa gen mentalite poul kraze "la releve" .... Actuelment nou suportez'l a 100 pour 100. Just ask around. Bands like X tassy, karizma, Artist like TPO.... Nou tj suporte yo et travay lan studio avec yo. Our next project is "ENPOSIB". We've been working with these guys and their album is almost done. Pa gen persone ki te bay carimi sal genyen jodia... Nou travay pou li. Gen moun ki te aidez nou ... Tankou neg ZIN YO... Et nou pa janm bliye sa. Se menm jan jodia nou aidez sa ki la yo. Rest la se pouw travay du."

KM!

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can only speak for what I see and if you follow certain artists/bands on social media e.g. Instagram you will see Richard Cave and many other established artists/bands talking to their followers to support other groups music when a new product is out. In the end it's about Kompa music and when artists/bands show an appreciation for their competitions good work I personally see it as a potential win/win for all. As a consumer, it doesn't hurt when you see someone like Richard Cave, Shabba, Ti Joe or Fabrice Rouzier etc. endorsing someone's hard work and saying it's worth checking it. JUST MY OPINION

yef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat I don't think maestro Richard needs to defend anything...

Action speaks louder than words and right now, Carimi's actions speak volume!! Richard, for one, is extremely helpful and will go out of his way to help an individual artist or band.

Carlo is another one. He delivered a high caliber tunes for Karizma.

If you look close on instagram, Mikael was recently promoting Karizma's new album.

But one can't expect Carimi to ignore their own priorities and support everyone who knocks at their door. It's not sustainable.

-Fabrice Rouzier

THEREALME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

La releve: retirer R epui eleve ki moun nan ancien ki te sonje yo te fer yon eleve et ki eleve ki ka admet se yon ancien ki te fel nou ka konte sou dwet nou mwen toujou tande ralph menelas ap pale de Ti plume mwen paka diw si se eleve ti plume li ye ou pa paske uncles ralph yo se musiciens yo ye tou so banm tet mwen ak la releve la #Tout koukou klere pou jew.

Mr Titanium

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yef wrote:
Pat I don't think maestro Richard needs to defend anything...

Action speaks louder than words and right now, Carimi's actions speak volume!! Richard, for one, is extremely helpful and will go out of his way to help an individual artist or band.

Carlo is another one. He delivered a high caliber tunes for Karizma.

If you look close on instagram, Mikael was recently promoting Karizma's new album.

But one can't expect Carimi to ignore their own priorities and support everyone who knocks at their door. It's not sustainable.

do you guys even know that the word "La Releve" means????? neg yo travay sou album Karizma a se pa gratis non, they get paid, and trust me the get paid well,..you know what,,,, let me just SHUT UP

Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As long as "la releve" is based on charity/favor/pity and not meritocracy coupled with financial incentive for established bands, it will always appear to be as distant as the rising sun and be delayed for as long as possible. We all should know by now that terminologies such as upholding the culture, survival of the HMI, brotherhood are all meaningless in this industry or any other industries for that matter.

Musicians do not spend sleepless nights in the studio because they care about the HMI, the culture, or their fellow musicians. They do so to survive and safeguard their meager volatile stipend, aka HMI salary. If, in the process, they accidentally happen to help another annoying musician who would not take NO for an answer and get to take credits for it; it is nothing but an accident.

Why do some of us believe that they have a moral duty to help everyone who bring their instruments and say “I got next”. They are barely surviving themselves; yet somehow ensuring that those who will replace them are well exposed and trained should also be on their to-do list. Yes, they will be politically correct, like Richard, and tell us whatever nonsense they think we want to hear. But should not common sense teach us better?

Why would anyone want to help those who are vying for your own position? They are trying to put you out of business why should you genuinely care about helping them? They are going around telling everyone who is willing to listen that they play or sing better than you. Why helping them to get the best exposure and the best shot at knocking you out? Does anyone else find this a bit ironic or oxymoronic? More importantly, why are we promoting laziness and unfounded self-entitlement under the disguise of morality and brotherhood? Why are we trying to turn all the new bands and washed up artist into self-entitled beggars?

How about we teach “la releve” how to establish strong ties and business relationships with more seasoned bands. Maybe, they will be taken more seriously if they approach the old bands with business plan offering a percentage of potential future income in return for guarantied exposure and studio help for X amount of years/songs/albums. Sign contracts with the old bands, promoters, bands managers, incentivized them, make it an all win situation. Turn your success into partial financial gain for them until you can stand on your own and see how quick they will be willing to help.

It should be obvious to us that the established bands do not and SHOULD not give a rat ass about training their replacement unless they will financially benefit from it. They would not mind to remain on top until they enter their grave. Once they are no longer in their prime, they will be forced to help the new bands. Why pushing it? Let nature takes its course.

Sincerely,
Dr.Mizik

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: