Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - REGINE ICON DEFENDS THE LIL WAYNE/CHRIS BROWN HAITI CONCERT!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

REGINE ICON DEFENDS THE LIL WAYNE/CHRIS BROWN HAITI CONCERT!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: REGINE ICON DEFENDS THE LIL WAYNE/CHRIS BROWN HAITI CONCERT! Reply with quote Back to top

REGINE of ICON GRAPHICS wanted to bring light to the LIL WAYNE/CHRIS BROWN concert and all the hoopla surrounding it.

REGINE ICON GRAPHICS: "The government is not paying for it and we cannot tell private sources how to spend their money. Or those private sources that we need so much in Haiti will just stop. This is the truth about this concert: Reached out to my sources, including Chris Brown Manager and Lil Wayne's and I Just received official word from Karen Civil that the Lil Wayne and Chris brown concert is actually organized by Swizz Beats who is throwing the event for Tourism in Haiti. It's a FREE concert for the Haitian people to help build tourism and the arts in Haiti. They are sending me an official press release which I will post soon with more detailed info. The prices which have been posted of how much was paid to the artist to come is incorrect. This is a Swizz Beats production.

If timing is the issue, every entertainment should stop including fete champetres. It can't be bad timing just for this FREE concert. Haiti is not in mourning, we are going through a transition and these people need private investment to generate jobs. That is the reason they left Haiti in the first place. No foreign investment, and private foreign investments in the reason D.R. could develop in 20 years on the back of Haitian labor."

KM!

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i get it .. but one thing i don't get

How does it promote Tourism ?

2 rapper going to play for a lots of haitians for free, it's
not like people going to travel to see them . how is that
really helping tourism? I don't get it .. perhaps someone
can explain it to me.

Someone is paying but who's profiting ? anywaysss

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
loveless

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why it says "BIG O PRODUCTION" Instead of Swizz Beats production on the flyer if indeed Swizz Beats is in charge of it? Just a thought.

dejwe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

finally someone with a lot of sense....even if it was a paid concert, it's a private firm that is throwing the money. People tend to forget that what is happening right now it's all our fault. You can't blame the DR for protecting their country and doing whatever they want. What have we done to change in our own country"? always remember you have the right to stay home if you don't want to go. People are always talking about timing in Haiti while their is a party every week end. you all need to stop and appreciate the fact that they are doing this. I am sure those people already know what is going on in the country and they still decide to do it. there is never a bad time for exposure because like they say good publicity or bad publicity is still publicity. for once Haitian people need to be considerate and they wonder why no country wants to help us.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: REGINE ICON ADDS THIS! Reply with quote Back to top

REGINE ICON added this

REGINE ICON: "I am going to attempt to give little lesson in the concept of what is called "Goodwill" in economy and how it is tied up to the concert in Haiti.

Haiti has had a extremely bad reputation for everything for decades. Result, no tourism, no foreign investment, mass exodus, political unrest, social injustice, basically foreigners and Haitians alike see Haiti as a "nut" country and you must be nuts to go in it.

I will take example Ministere du Tourisme Haiti. Ms. Villedrouin comes on board with a plan, she creates images, events, travels, and starts to promote the beautiful side of Haiti. Her ways and poise make people feel good and gives you confidence to invest in the country. Her work, creates "Goodwill" so others are comfortable to open their wallets to spend in Haiti. So JetBlue, Hotels Chains, Restaurants, Icon Graphix (lol) feel there is a future for their business in Haiti and will invest which leads to the creation of jobs. THAT IS THE ROLE OF YOUR GOVERNMENT. Lay an infrastructure so investment can flow for the benefit of its people. The income tax and other benefits that will come from it can be passed on to grow Haiti. That's how the Dominican Republic grew on the back of Haitian labor.

Now for those who do not see "Goodwill" in the LiL Wayne/Chris Brown Concert as a way to pave the way for others to follow in maybe hosting an International renowned event the caliber of those going on in other islands, you all need to enroll in business class if common sense doesn't make it compute. They need to set an example for others to follow. And those "machan ambulant" are going to be grateful to have all these people in one place to sell to.

Don't rain on the parade just because you too crippled to join.
See it that way, when you do foreplay on a woman, you are creating "Goodwill", you are setting her up to give her more pleasure which in turn will entice her to give you greater satisfaction. And if she is a woman who knows her worth, she will never go back to mediocre sex or relationship. She will always wants better because she has tasted better and it will make her also a better person because YOUR GOODWILL made her feel valuable.
Si nou pa kompran kounye an mwen pa konin.

KM!

DJ Don

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BS talk,depi se entere yo,haitien pa bay aucun moral regle anyen pou yo.Nou ye atann moun sa yo ta pral di le contraire,ke grimas yo pral fe nan vizaj le monde lan,fe nou menm ayisyen paret pi led ke jan nou ye kounyea la.Comme la plus part nan moun sa yo,yo te met fet Haiti,yo pa konsidere tet yo kom ayisyen,Haiti,se yon poubel pou tout moun vinn brote sou do ti pep lan,kap mouri nan mal site,nan misere noire.De plus,nap pale de racisme le lot peyi ap fe ak nou,moun sa yo,en Haiti,pi racisme ke etranje a.Pou moun sa yo,haitien sa yo,depi ou pa genyen,yo pa menm konsiderew tankou chien devan pot yo.Nan sans ,bay nou tet yo,kom se blan nou ye,men yon jou sa gen poul fini,pep lan pap kapab peri,letenel gen pou li di yon mo.

JFO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How fascinating literature....please tell us more about promoting MORAL, CIVIC education along with commitment, national identity, commitment, intergridy and the true meaning of l Union Fait la Force aka care for our fellow countrymen/women/babies......oh I'll make note of going to business school...Take your time Miss Icon.... Depi mwen piti, OUR actions (ChalllllMass) always speak louder than our words..Mwen jetem wi larr...Agricultural concert peyi a besoin tande..sincerely this illiterate guy..

blacktrump

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THIS LOOK LIKE TO KE SOME GOT PAID...AND PLEASE NO LIL WAYNE CHRIS WILL DO FEEE CONCERT ..WHERE U HEAR THAT AT...WE DON'T PROMOTE RAP MUSIC ..RAP MUSIC IS PURE VOILENCE AMD DRUGS ....ONE SHOW CAN'T CREATE JOBS .WE NEED SOMETHIN TO LAST NOT FOR ONE DAY PEACE...TO THE MOTHERLAND..

Mr Titanium

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bouch manze ki tap grate'l oubien dwet li?...smh di manze al cherche yon kote'll chita tande....BIG O production means, Oliver Martelly=a kob peyi a....tell Regine sil paka ri pa fe grimas tande please

passionkompa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

REGINE ICON WROTE:

Don't rain on the parade just because you too crippled to join.
See it that way, when you do foreplay on a woman, you are creating "Goodwill", you are setting her up to give her more pleasure which in turn will entice her to give you greater satisfaction. And if she is a woman who knows her worth, she will never go back to mediocre sex or relationship. She will always wants better because she has tasted better and it will make her also a better person because YOUR GOODWILL made her feel valuable.
Si nou pa kompran kounye an mwen pa konin.

OMG! I LIKE IT! NO, I MEAN I LIKE YOU REGINE, OOUPS.

THE IDEA IS VERY GOOD, BUT I JUST DONT LIKE WHAT THESE TWO INDIVIDUALS REPRESENT OR STAND FOR.

IT COULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER CHOICE BUT WHO KNOWS AND WHO WERE WILLING?

I GUESS LEU OU PAGEN MANMAN OU TETE GRANN'N Rolling Eyes

DONK KITEL MACHE DEPI SE POU HAITI CHERIE. BONNES RETOMBEES Arrow

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: