Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - BOOGIE SAYS CARIMI WAS SHOWN A LACK OF RESPECT BY PROMOTER!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

BOOGIE SAYS CARIMI WAS SHOWN A LACK OF RESPECT BY PROMOTER!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: BOOGIE SAYS CARIMI WAS SHOWN A LACK OF RESPECT BY PROMOTER! Reply with quote Back to top

I was talking to BOOGIE today and he was NOT happy about.....(Read Below)

BOOGIE:"The other day at the 3 band party in NYC that featured CARIMI, 5 LAN, and NU LOOK, I understand that CARIMI had to open the show. THAT PISSED ME OFF. How in the world you are going to have an internationally known band like Carimi OPEN for a group like 5 LAN who have yet to pay their dues? I don't get it.

I understand that CARIMI is from NY and promoters usually have bands that are from here open the show; but THIS IS CARIMI we are talking about here. An international band. That should NOT have happened. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any issues with 5 LAN, but NO WAY should the promoter had CARIMI play first before them. If anything, they could have had CARIMI play, followed by 5 LAN, with CARIMI coming back on AGAIN, then followed by Nu Look. I think it was a lack of respect towards CARIMI from the promoter of the party."

FITO FARINEN CARIMI MANAGER LETTER TO KM after reading BOOGIE's comments
http://www.kompamagazine.com/kmboard/viewtopic.php?t=48430

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: FACEBOOK COMMENTS! Reply with quote Back to top

Twes Zo-solo, Le Bonbon Poulard and Jwi Lavi like this.

Comments

*Ed Michael Y u mad ..... until the band gets payed and what else?
Like · Reply · 1 · 4 hrs

*Carlito Jwilavi Man please it's 2015 you still talking about this nonsense smh
Like · Reply · 2 · 4 hrs

*Leonidas Cesar Get him some knee pads please tchiupp. Hello, le on jazz guin confidence jwe avan ou dernier se minm bitin. Nou vle jazz jwe gratis toujou. Slavery is over bro. Tchuipp
Like · Reply · 1 · 4 hrs

*Ti Val Can'thave
Ti Val Can'thave Agree 100%
Like · Reply · 3 hrs

yef

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Boogie!! That shouldn't have happened!
I get it that Carimi gets paid. I get it that someone should go first but given this line up, 5-lan should have played first.

Unfortunately some promoters are not spending enough time to appreciate the craft and responsibilities that come with the title of promoter. It's not all about paying the artist.

To play the devil's advocate here, maybe the promoters thought putting Carimi first would make the crowd show up early, but this strategy has proven to fail.

-Fabrice Rouzier

MoneyHungrySince1983

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see where my bro Boogie is coming from, but you can't really say it's disrespectful. It's a different time nowadays. What used to matter doesn't anymore. It's about the "NOW"!.... If you're talking about bands paying their dues then you can also say Tvice shouldn't open for Klass..fact of the matter bro is that whether you like it or not is that 5Lan has a following. We need to get this out of our system, all this who plays first and who opens up and what not...if a band like Xtassy were to get scorching hot right now and they were number one would you have them Play first in a party with Tvice and Carimi knowing that Tyne public wanted to see them close?

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

in another thread I see Richard happy as hell about that party how it turned out great.
I get the promoter point, but if Carimi is happy about the party, what should Boogie be so concerned
Rolling Eyes

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Boogie, retiré kow lan saw yé.
Carimi was very happy about the turn out and its Maestro came to KM early on Sunday morning to let it be known. He has not done that for other successful parties that Carimi was part of..lol..Maybe it was their choice to play first.
Personally, it does not matter to me who plays first. As a matter of fact, in a 3 band setting, the band that plays last usually plays less..
Antouka!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: