KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DEMANTI M SIW KAPAB.....ON CARIMI!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: DEMANTI M SIW KAPAB.....ON CARIMI! Reply with quote Back to top

In this premiere edition feature of "DEMANTI M SI W KAPAB", we tackle.......(Read Below)

*CARIMI - DEMANTI M SI W KAPAB: Of all the albums/CDS that CARIMI has released ever since they came onto the scene, their "BUZZ" CD might have been the most LUCRATIVE for the group in terms of popularity on the international market and HMI....BUT to me, THEIR BEST CD "BANG BANG" REMAINS THEIR DEBUT CD. Sentimental reasons...and it was FRESH/NEW on the market at the time. NOTHING sounded like it when it came out. Songs like "Bang Bang", "Chagrin Criminal", "Wanrage", and my all-time favorite Carimi track "PLAYER". MWEN KANPE DEYE SA MWEN DI AN LA! Epi BEL TI MEDAMES yo te toujou ap "CHILL" nan Carimi....LOOOOOL...The ones that you did NOT see at any other parties of any other bands. ANMWEYYYYYYYYYY. LOL

KM!

menkonpa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chagren Kriminel. That is all

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Menkonpa....What do you mean?

KM!

1Lov'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: DEMANTI M SIW KAPAB.....ON CARIMI! Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, ah pagen manti lan sa brother, m'avew 100%.
Thank God I was around when the Debut CD came out to experience exactly what you've described.
Mwen kanpe red bo kote poum we kiyes kap vin demanti'n Very Happy Very Happy

" KM" 1Lov's Hometown Newspaper..

Noupapemoun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[b]I agree 100% Pat. It's their best work. Buzz was huge in the international market. But I don't think that Invasion made as much noise as their prior cds in the HMI. The international sound was a bit too much for my taste. I consider this cd more like a worldwide pop except for Baby I miss you and Nostalgie. [/b]

menkonpa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat,
To me, Chagren Kriminel is their best song. That song is timeless.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KingDave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think baby I miss you was very international as well. That was the whole purpose of having it in both English and creole on the Konpa beat. But again...

Noupapemoun wrote:
[b]I agree 100% Pat. It's their best work. Buzz was huge in the international market. But I don't think that Invasion made as much noise as their prior cds in the HMI. The international sound was a bit too much for my taste. I consider this cd more like a worldwide pop except for Baby I miss you and Nostalgie. [/b]

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To quote my 10 year old, FACTS Laughing

It's one of those classic albums, pwen bar.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I miss that CARIMI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: