Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - A LESSON ON HAITI
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

A LESSON ON HAITI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haitianone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FANMKONESE wrote:
H1 I am with you 95%.....for 200 yrs we Haitians are running with this pride of first black independent state....bla bla bla...Kote nous ye still deye bouda camionette la........forget about the blanc let's focus ON US....We dont take care of our own...We are selfish....Haitian conjuge on seul verb BAN'M ...BAN'M BAN'M.....AND NOT BAY BAY...The elite in Haiti is a bunch of salope tintinade....They dont give back to the community.....let's not even go far this restavek crap needs to be abolish trop abu...trop peine....nous vole..enfin si se blanc ki pou aide'n so be it...Nan stad HAITI NOW pa guen pride....passe pride nan fant derriere nous and sezi tout opportunite ki ap come our way....

Last years ago after visiting France I realized ke tout mess francais se Qualite li ye pous Haitian...Nous besoin retire ti mentalite francais sa nan zo bois tete nous pou nous vanse pou pi devant......

Fanm, ou fin dit bagay yo nan bon gen!!!! I guess the Haitian way!!!! Laughing

Haitianone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dalida wrote:
Quote:
Very nice, maybe if you read carefully enough you would know I am not joking but being quite real with my views. After witnessing and having known people that have died, this is not something coming here to joke about. Also, where did I question your dedication to the people? I asked a simple proposition being that you are Haitian American, would you not want some of your country men and women to enjoy the same privileges you enjoy in the USA instead of the carnage being put upon on our people in Haiti by its Haitian government. Apparently, you did not answer that question but a send an attack to illustrate how more connected you are with the people in the homeland. Well, if you had not noticed Haitians were carrying the American flag and praising America given the Haitian government have abandoned them. The same crappy Haitian government you want to continue upholding our independence with no dignity or pride or humility. Got those words from my peeps down there as well seen photos. I imagine you did know that but then again you are so more connected.

When I am talking statehood, it is not giving up on my history, the legacy of my forefathers, and even Louventure knew it when he wanted Haiti to be province of France. It is reality that Haiti has fallen and with the Haitian government and mentalities of the political class in Haiti it will not rise from this at all. Today, your Haitian government tried to make an attempt to get some money for reconstruction and all they got was no comments. Meaning no money for awhile while aid groups from Haiti got more time from the various government ministers to see how much they need to go to help the people.

Haiti has been occupied on 1/13/10, and will be until who knows when. I am only here proposing my people a chance, our history will never be lost but Haiti will not continue to stand with the sleaze that it has as leaders. I put my money on it and I already know. There will be no change because corruption is too strong and dignity of the Haitian government is so weak. I have all but given up on the Haitian political class in Haiti. Haiti needs help in ruling itself and the only it is going to get it is by statehood.

Puerto Rico is run by Puerto Ricans and it is a commonwealth of the US, so was Hawaii and so is the US Virgin Islands. If Haiti becomes a commonwealth and eventual state it will also be run by Haitians with assistance by the US and strong economic initiatives for our government to adhere to become prosporous then what it is today.

To keep referring to 1804 like many do or refer to slavery days as some point of pride is nice. Louventure had faced the same situation he wanted Haiti to stay with France and they killed for that. Well, Haiti is here again, with France not a factor but the US, I am more then willing to follow the US and have Haiti become state.

Otherwise, you will be here again 30 years from now saying same old stuff with millions dying or starving to death talking about Haitian pride saving stories. Haitians may love their country but they do not know how to run a country.

All I want is to have my country men and women a chance so they can live a better life and escape this poverty and misery they are under. You want them to wait so Haitians can figure it out, then you are sending your people to death because frankly we will not figure nothing out.

All I remember when I saw a young man talking to a Marine in Cite Soleil all he wants is job and the Marine was like you know what why is their government not helping find something for them to do even if it is picking garbage or fixing pipes or rebuild some homes? It was foreign to that American because the living conditions in Cite Soleil are so primitive.

All I want is for Haiti to have a piece of what I enjoyed in America so maybe the lives of our people can improve.

Monche, I notice people are trying to cut our heads of because we want change for By Haiti by any means necessary.

I don't think any haitian is proud for the fact that Haiti is being occcupied or about to be. But the reality is, Haitians can not govern the country. We can wait fot another two hundred years in hoping that Haiti will change, When you know it i know it nothing will never change in Haiti as long as we have the same elite and the same government. For two hundred years, the country goes from bad to worst. Wait a minute. When i look at it, isn't Haiti occupied behind the scene anyway. You have political problem you wait for the blanc to take care of it for you, natural disaster, you wait for the blanc to help because your government can't do jack. Hunger, menn ti bagay. Shoot. I think they should take over haiti in front of the whole world, and then they will have no choice but to do well by us.

For the People who are talking about independence

Ok I see. You're so proud of your country you can't even live there.
You're so proud of the fact that you're the first black independent, you're
can't wait to get your loves one out of that mess.

I notice two types of people that are against occupation in Haiti.
The elite, the Government and some politicians and now notice a few more.

But at the end, it comes down to one thing. All these people have food in their refrigerator, Their kids can go to school without any problems, as a matter of fact their kids don't even go to school in Haiti.

I mean when does it stop. When you 80% of a population living below poverty line, living dire situation. You have to swallow that damn pride.
Afterall, no one can change the fact that Haiti is mother of freedom.

If Dessalines or toussaint came and saw their people living in this condition, i'm sure they'd ask themselves. What the hell did i do?

Se vre wi!!! Good point and good analysis all I want is change with a cause. What other are saying lets keep working with something broken. You cannot make a house with broken tools. Come on people use some sense here!!!! Laughing

HIPchick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am not saying that this government is a good one, nor that our country doesn't need a change or help. Those are obvious to see. What I am saying is that others can help the country WITHOUT having to occupy it because they have had a hand in putting Haiti where it is now.

ex: Haitians helped fight the British to free white Americans from tyranny. 500 Haitian troops joined American colonists and French soldiers in the attempt to drive the British from Savannah. Haitians made up the largest military unit to fight in the 1779 siege.

ex: American support of oppressive dictatorships in Haiti, especially the Duvalier regime (1957 – 1986), led to the mass exodus of Haitian professionals, including doctors and engineers, and the accumulation of additional international debt and political instability in the island nation

ex: punitive international trade and financial arrangements, such as loan aid instead of grants, the substitution of American rice for locally grown Haitian rice are in large part the reasons so many were left without jobs in the provinces ans flooded PauP

ex: The U.S. brought Jean-Bertrand Aristide back to Haiti to finish his carnage and as a condition of Aristide’s return, the country’s economy was geared toward paying off interest on Western debt and as a market for Western goods.

There are more reasons people feel inclined to help HAiti. Not only because that's what humanity urgesd, but because they know Haiti is o solely responsible for the mess it's in. And if you want to verify my points please do so bcause not only do I believe them, but I read, research and learn about my country and its international relations as much as I can. I KNOW they can help us, I just don't want the Haitian people to have to sell their sould, country and pride once again to make it happen.

As the scolar Regine O. Jackson of Emory University says in her article (where you can find the points made here):

"Americans ought to know that Haitians are simply asking for the support of a civilized world. Haiti needs our help to clear the rubble, to rebuild the roads, schools and hospitals – Haiti needs unconditional, humanitarian aid. But if this history teaches us anything, it is that cultural racism, which manifests in economic, social, political, and ideological damage to Haiti and exacerbates natural disasters, can also taint relief efforts. This is not an opportunity for the US to reshape Haiti for its own interests, but to finally let Haiti live."

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

200 years we can't do anything for ourselves..

i think its time we try something new...
nou menm haitien pou kont nou pa ka jere démocratie.

le pouvwa nan menm sou se vole kob leta... voyager tout kote a kob leta...

we need someone to come and teach us new directions.... tried few times and failed..

Straitshooter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Si gouvenman pa minm ka pran la pawol di yon mot deus , trois , 4 jou apre yon Disaster nan propre peyi nou se ke nou pa ka jere yon peyi poukont nou nou bezwen aide nan sense sa a. Secondly, all those guys known as Dictators like Duvalier and Aristide se pa pep la ki te mete yo? se nou ki mete neg yo pou vinn kraze brize. Again ankor nou pa minm ka elu moun ki pou jere nou rite. So nou bezwen aide.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HIPchick wrote:
I am not saying that this government is a good one, nor that our country doesn't need a change or help. Those are obvious to see. What I am saying is that others can help the country WITHOUT having to occupy it because they have had a hand in putting Haiti where it is now.

ex: Haitians helped fight the British to free white Americans from tyranny. 500 Haitian troops joined American colonists and French soldiers in the attempt to drive the British from Savannah. Haitians made up the largest military unit to fight in the 1779 siege.

ex: American support of oppressive dictatorships in Haiti, especially the Duvalier regime (1957 – 1986), led to the mass exodus of Haitian professionals, including doctors and engineers, and the accumulation of additional international debt and political instability in the island nation

ex: punitive international trade and financial arrangements, such as loan aid instead of grants, the substitution of American rice for locally grown Haitian rice are in large part the reasons so many were left without jobs in the provinces ans flooded PauP

ex: The U.S. brought Jean-Bertrand Aristide back to Haiti to finish his carnage and as a condition of Aristide’s return, the country’s economy was geared toward paying off interest on Western debt and as a market for Western goods.

There are more reasons people feel inclined to help HAiti. Not only because that's what humanity urgesd, but because they know Haiti is o solely responsible for the mess it's in. And if you want to verify my points please do so bcause not only do I believe them, but I read, research and learn about my country and its international relations as much as I can. I KNOW they can help us, I just don't want the Haitian people to have to sell their sould, country and pride once again to make it happen.

As the scolar Regine O. Jackson of Emory University says in her article (where you can find the points made here):

"Americans ought to know that Haitians are simply asking for the support of a civilized world. Haiti needs our help to clear the rubble, to rebuild the roads, schools and hospitals – Haiti needs unconditional, humanitarian aid. But if this history teaches us anything, it is that cultural racism, which manifests in economic, social, political, and ideological damage to Haiti and exacerbates natural disasters, can also taint relief efforts. This is not an opportunity for the US to reshape Haiti for its own interests, but to finally let Haiti live."

Hipchick

Remember when you are not of the US, they will exploit whatever they can but when you are part of the union, you have to join and adhere to the principals of trade and commerce. So for example, the rice issues would have been resolved because within each state and territories such trade practices are not permitted under law. But that does apply to those outside the union, Puerto Rico don't have a rice problem and they grow rice there. The Americans actually protected their product so local commerce can happen.

But remember this deal was signed by Aristide to return to Haiti and in return Aristide signed this rubbish so the elite in Haiti can accept his return. The DR never had something so dumb put upon but then again it was rumored that this deal was the only for Clinton to convinced certain elite groups in Hait to support Aristide return. US rice was cheap and the certain elite made a lot of money selling the cheap rise for lots of money. Otherwise he would have never returned.

Cherie, right now they are Hillary is already proposing removing these rice conditions but the elite is not going to be happy. US rice was cheap and made a lot of profits. I suspect the elite will fight hard here.

princessj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well for once I am speechless...
This is a thoughtful thread...one requiring I step back and evaluate both sides of the argument. As H1 eluded to, we have touched on this a bit in the Let's Talk section, but not in depth with the history being recounted in such detail...
Thanks for bringing this topic up with such a personal perspective Hipchick and all those who've contributed their opinion thus far do keep posting, it is an interesting debate.
For now, I'm going to read and learn.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OZ'MOSIS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone forward this article to me since last week and I was not surprised of the facts it presented because I used to have discussions about them in Africana Studies Classes in took when I was in undergrad. The facts presented in this article may never be found in the history books; however, they can’t be denied.

We must understand that this world is a big stage and everyone is playing a role; the “big actors” and “the directors” dictate what take place on the stage. They’re producing this “movie” and want to “sell” it to the world, but those who know better won’t buy it.

Just like a movie (literally speaking now) that is being shot, there will be deleted scenes and deleted side stories because the director of the movie has to make sure he/she shapes the MAIN story the best way possible to accomplish his/her goal; therefore, the stories of the powerless people which will be written/directed by the “DIRECTORS OF THIS WORLD” will be shaped and they will tell those stories the way they want them to be learned. But one is lucky enough to see beyond what’s presented to him or her; he will read between the lines and will get THE REAL STORY. Some will be afraid of the truth and will prefer to accept “THE BIG LIE”, hence it takes courage to handle the truth.

If someone controls the global media, the global academia, that person can make a child goes against him own FATHER/CREATOR (GOD). The biggest weapon in this world is propaganda. I just hope the next life is better or we’ll one day take control of our destiny.

i refuse let people with power control my thinking.....

G54life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gade HPCHIK al fe bagay tande al dwe we ou gin le fin n bien mange bien binyin flat screen tv ou tou limin wap gade CNN wap bien viv se normal pou
di ou pa vle okipation.
we do not even have a leader a disaster of such magnitude hit our country and not once have we heard a WORD from our elected officials
what are you smoking, riight now is not the time for pride
FIERTE PA AL NAN MACHE

princessj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sa map di yan se pou nou les peuple Ayisyen, etranje pa bezwen li-l:

Inpe nan nou manke yon bagay Mamann-m rele savoir vivre, nou pa konn koman pou-n adrese yon moun...koman pou-n diskite yon sujet ke-n pa tro dako ave-l san-n pa antre nan pesonalite epi atake carakte-l...bagay sa led anpil anpil.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: