Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - MARTELLY TROUVERA 8.5 MILLIONS DE DOLLARS POUR SON PROGRAMME
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MARTELLY TROUVERA 8.5 MILLIONS DE DOLLARS POUR SON PROGRAMME
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: MARTELLY TROUVERA 8.5 MILLIONS DE DOLLARS POUR SON PROGRAMME Reply with quote Back to top

APPEL AYITI PWAL PI CHER WI LA

Haïti / éducation

Martelly trouvera 8.5 millions de dollars pour financer son programme d’éducation gratuite, SELON LE MATIN

Le président élu, Michel Joseph Martely , fraichement revenu des Etats-Unis, a donné une conférence de presse ce mardi matin à Port-au-Prince. Le président a annoncé avoir déjà indexé les sources de financement de son programme d’éducation gratuite pour tous les enfants d’Haïti. M. Martely mise beaucoup sur la diaspora haïtienne qui, à travers ses appels vers Haïti et ses transferts d’argent, pourra faire entrer dans le trésor public, les fonds nécessaires à la concrétisation de sa promesse électorale.
2011-04-26 18:32:43
Le président élu, Michel Joseph Martely , fraichement revenu des Etats-Unis, a donné une conférence de presse ce mardi matin à Port-au-Prince. Le président a annoncé avoir déjà indexé les sources de financement de son programme d’éducation gratuite pour tous les enfants d’Haïti. M. Martely mise beaucoup sur la diaspora haïtienne qui, à travers ses appels vers Haïti et ses transferts d’argent, pourra faire entrer dans le trésor public, les fonds nécessaires à la concrétisation de sa promesse électorale.

A partir du 1er juin, 5 centimes seront prélevées sur chaque appel international, ce qui, selon les prévisions, pourra donner en moyenne 3.5 millions de dollars au trésor public, selon les explications du président élu qui dit avoir déjà eu l’approbation des trois compagnies de téléphonie mobile opérant en Haïti. Dans le marché des transferts d’argent, Martelly espère trouver pas moins que 5 millions de dollar tous les mois, en réclamant un dollar (1 $ us) sur chaque transfert en direction d’Haïti. Le 56e Président haïtien, promet en revanche, d’offrir plus d’opportunités aux haïtiens vivant à l’étranger, notamment en leur permettant d’investir plus facilement dans le pays. EL/LM

Neg2byen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pa move ide menm non... So far so good. As long as they do what they say they will do with the money, I'm all for it. After all it's only a dollar.
Great plan.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neg2byen wrote:
Pa move ide menm non... So far so good. As long as they do what they say they will do with the money, I'm all for it. After all it's only a dollar.
Great plan.

That's it wi... So far mwen we president mwen an ap fe anpil points. Make sure ou gen control tout bagay fre'm.

I like it!

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BRO, OU DOLA POU TOUT LAJEAN KAP RANTRE AYITI, SE GWO KOB WI, FREM
BON M SWETE YO FE SA YO FE AK LAJEAN AN
IDEE A AP MOVE EN LI MENM
BUT, MWEN PANSE OU PAKA VIN PREZIDAN POU VIN BASE FE RECETTES SOU DIASPORA
OU SIPOZE CHERCHE RESOURCES PEYI A, D'ABORD
OU PAKA MIZE SOU DIASPORA
TOUT PEYI GEN DIASPORA, PA BLYE SA Cool
REFORME FISCAL LA DWE KOMANCE AN AYITI, D'ABORD
APRE SA MWEN PA GEN PWOBLEM Cool
TE GIN VWAM DEJA WI Smile

Sanrick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Celestin,

Mwen pense ke se yon bel proposition et se pral up to lot neg yo pou negocye. It does not have to be $1, even $0.50 will do wonder as long as they use it for its purpose.

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a great way for us, DIASPORA, to participate nan developman peyi a.

As long as Lajan sa a fè sa'l supoze fè a mwen pa tap mind paying menm $2.00 extra.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Celestin, I wrote about this a week ago and I called it a tax but after writing it was notified to me that the idea is premised on for $1,000 US sent to Haiti the money transfer companies pay $1. Well it is really not a bad deal at all and can generate several millions for school. The cell phone tax was agreed upon long before Micky won. There are other sources of money. Plus, right now Pres. Clinton is proposing free school lunches so that makes easier for parents to send their kids to school and have food to eat.

Sorry to say Preval and other folks in Haiti would have never get this oppurtunity

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so far so good president Micky as long that money is use for something good i'm all for it.

haiti pou ayisyan an fel ansanm

Nounoune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: I totally disagree Reply with quote Back to top

I totally disagree...

Throughout his campaign, the President Elect said that the funds needed for education would be obtained through borlett or the lottery? What happened to taxing them and those institutions?

Why is all of the sudden the diaspora now the main source for additional funding for schools? First off the idea to tax dollars through wire transfer will only be detrimental to the people on the receiving end of these transfers. As I can assure you the people sending these transfers will not be wiiling to pay more to send their money to Haiti. They will take the excess of charges out from the money they are sending. Or just use alternative means to send money.

They will most likely use transfers for emergency needs as opposed to regularily, and will return to "voye lajan par okasyon". This makesthe difference sometimes between eating,and paying bills on time, and even tuition for some. Idea

The idea is that the remittance industries set their prices and advertise their rates based on the amount of remittances that we send regularily. If these companies are taxed they will be forced to increase their prices to us the consumer.... As I can assure you, although they may feel the tax is for a good cause ,... they are in the business for profits, not for philanthropy.

In addition the tax on telephone companies is exhorbitanat. DGI reported last year that the most heavly taxed institution in Haiti last year was in fact Digicel. Years prior Digicel was very serious that they refuse to be taxed further, especially after the company has played major roles in philanthropy,cultural, and sports activities in the country. It was unfair that they were being so heavily taxed. We even debated I think of this here on KM. I seriously doubt that Digicel would agree to pay an additional 5 cent tax PER MINUTE to the government, even if it is for education.

They like all the carriers should this bill pass (as it may not even be voted by the house) will pass the buck on the consumer, and we will be paying higher to call Haiti. This would be very unfortunate as we pay wayyyyy more to call home already, we do pay more than people in South America, China, Brazil, certain countries in Africa, and also Europe.

The president Elect has good intentions however I do not think he wants to create new problems, by trying to solve existing problems.

I truly hope, the president elect, surrounds himself with credible advisors, who have an idea as to economics, and fiscal policy. As opposed to surrounding himself with people that will just flatter him even when he is wrong.

The reality is that there are several people listening to these such proposals and are scrathing their heads. I think it would also be better if he appoints a spokesperson, that way he will be less criticized for these gaffe's.

Nounoune

Ekzaamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: I totally disagree Reply with quote Back to top

Nounoune wrote:
I totally disagree...

Throughout his campaign, the President Elect said that the funds needed for education would be obtained through borlett or the lottery? What happened to taxing them and those institutions?

Why is all of the sudden the diaspora now the main source for additional funding for schools? First off the idea to tax dollars through wire transfer will only be detrimental to the people on the receiving end of these transfers. As I can assure you the people sending these transfers will not be wiiling to pay more to send their money to Haiti. They will take the excess of charges out from the money they are sending. Or just use alternative means to send money.

They will most likely use transfers for emergency needs as opposed to regularily, and will return to "voye lajan par okasyon". This makesthe difference sometimes between eating,and paying bills on time, and even tuition for some. Idea

The idea is that the remittance industries set their prices and advertise their rates based on the amount of remittances that we send regularily. If these companies are taxed they will be forced to increase their prices to us the consumer.... As I can assure you, although they may feel the tax is for a good cause ,... they are in the business for profits, not for philanthropy.

In addition the tax on telephone companies is exhorbitanat. DGI reported last year that the most heavly taxed institution in Haiti last year was in fact Digicel. Years prior Digicel was very serious that they refuse to be taxed further, especially after the company has played major roles in philanthropy,cultural, and sports activities in the country. It was unfair that they were being so heavily taxed. We even debated I think of this here on KM. I seriously doubt that Digicel would agree to pay an additional 5 cent tax PER MINUTE to the government, even if it is for education.

They like all the carriers should this bill pass (as it may not even be voted by the house) will pass the buck on the consumer, and we will be paying higher to call Haiti. This would be very unfortunate as we pay wayyyyy more to call home already, we do pay more than people in South America, China, Brazil, certain countries in Africa, and also Europe.

The president Elect has good intentions however I do not think he wants to create new problems, by trying to solve existing problems.

I truly hope, the president elect, surrounds himself with credible advisors, who have an idea as to economics, and fiscal policy. As opposed to surrounding himself with people that will just flatter him even when he is wrong.

The reality is that there are several people listening to these such proposals and are scrathing their heads. I think it would also be better if he appoints a spokesperson, that way he will be less criticized for these gaffe's.

Nounoune

Congratulations Nounoune for your reply.

Who is sending money to Haiti? I can tell you it's the low income people who send the money to their families and friends.
We are paying too much fees for sending our money to Haiti " sa se yon peze souse, kote'w pase yap fan'n ou" instead of bringing new strategy to make us send more money to Haiti you are telling me that you will ask about 1$ per transfer and IT'S 100% SURE that the transfer agencies will pass it to the customers. Why don't Michel propose that BNC will give a flat rate for our people sending money to Haiti and as incencitive for each 1$ we give for the haiti education fund it will lower our transfer fees. Now I'm pretty sure that WU, CAM, Unitransfer etc. will do the same, if not they will make less money.

Each $ we send to Haiti is after tax $ wich mean that we need to work for more than 1$ to be able to send 1$. When the gas price, food, rental etc goes up it's reflected on our pocket immediately, so we have less money to send to Haiti and you are telling me that we are the one who gonna pay the price of "non realistic election program".

I'm in Canada and it cost 20cts per minute to call someone in Haiti which is a cell phone most of the time. If the telecomunication companies charge 5Cts more per minute it's going to be an increase of 25%. While some other people in other countries are paying less than 10Cts per minute you are telling me to pay 25Cts.

W/O doing anything you are charging the "Diaspora" because they are the ones responsible for the actual problem of Haiti. This is a local Haitian mentality that if you are a Diaspora you have money and you need to send money to Haiti.
Do you know guys if Haiti gov can create Job, school, security and stability for private investments that we are going to send less transfer to Haiti.
E Pa m
oun pran mezanmi

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: