Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - Temporary Protected Status (TPS) extended
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS) extended
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAPOUCHE

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Temporary Protected Status (TPS) extended Reply with quote Back to top

US officials announced that they will extend the period of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for existing recipients until Jan. 22, 2013, or another 18 months. It was set to expire in July. Also, Haitians who fled the country after the earthquake will be eligible to apply for temporary protected status.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jeancelestin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PENDAN KE WAP PALE A, OBAMA AP DEPOTE MOUN

zipgenel

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeancelestin wrote:

Where'd you get that from my bros?

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Deporation has resumed for people who had commited crimes and were detained a few months ago.

If you remember right after the earthquake they had stopped deportations of any kind.

But there were never any deportations for people under TPS.

ZLEX

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
jeancelestin wrote:

WI CELESTIN GIN REZON ADMINISTRATION SA DEPOTE PLIS MON KE TOUT SAK PASE DEJA YO.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have nothing against this at all especially for those working trying to help their families out. But there is subtle thing about this mess exception to Nicaragua, which the US created a war there and literally destroyed their economy it make sense to provide assistance to them others countries getting TPS are not even in this hemisphere.

To extend this long means to me, yon bagay ap fet, not too soon as the legitimate president and possibly the best president will have in the last 100 years takes office.

All I am gonna say, Micky brother better be friends with the US and Canada with the recent word that France is gonna rebuild their Embassy yon bagay ap fet anba table. The era of chavez loving presidents is over I hope for a longtime, nothing personal against Chavez but Venezuela is not the US and really is limited in what they can do for Haiti.

Micky all I gonna say is this, when they come knocking the door to start the process for Unionhood don't let Haitian pride ppppp it up. Just relax, make sure the deal is good for Haiti is all I ask.

Think about this TPS stuff, it is something in the works take all the illegals make them legal and then it makes it easier to make them American or their children Americans without the US expending efforts. Criminals will always be deported because quite frankly they don't want them neither does Haiti so they send them somewhere to go die somewhere with cholera or whatever they can find to so.

Suiv toujou

michoulove

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE INTERESTED, HERE'S THE ARTICLE AND THE LINK.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=cea2f18df0eff210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e7801c2c9be44210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

18-Month Extension and Re-designation of Haiti for Temporary Protected Status

Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano today announced the re-designation of Haiti for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and extended the country’s current TPS designation for 18 months—through Jan. 22, 2013.

Secretary Napolitano first announced that she was designating Haiti for TPS on Jan. 15, 2010, after major earthquakes devastated the country. Following consultations with other federal agencies, Secretary Napolitano has determined that current conditions in Haiti support extending the designation period for current TPS beneficiaries and re-designating Haiti for TPS in order to re-establish the continuous residence date as Jan. 12, 2011.

Under the 2010 designation, TPS applicants needed to show that they had continuously resided in the United States since Jan. 12, 2010. Under the new re-designation, eligible individuals who arrived up to one year after the earthquake in Haiti may now apply for TPS. Many of these individuals were authorized to enter the United States immediately after the earthquake on temporary visas, humanitarian parole and other measures.

Later this week, USCIS will post a Federal Register notice and provide additional guidance on:

How to register or re-register for TPS;
What individuals with pending TPS applications should do; and
When to begin filing TPS applications.
Please continue to visit www.uscis.gov or call 1-800-375-5283 to obtain the latest information about filing for TPS and to learn more about the TPS application process.

Last updated:05/17/2011

1Lov'

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This Is GREAT News for my Not-so Fortunate Brothers and Sisters.
I did some volunteering at my Local Community Center during the first Wave of TPS Filings....
Thanks for sharing the Update..
Peace

" KM" 1Lov's Hometown Newspaper..

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
jeancelestin wrote:

SI DEPORTATION KANPE, KONEN JODIA LA WAP PALE A?
BUT, OBAMA TE REPRAN DEPORTATION LI SOU AYITI FREM

1Lov'

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeancelestin wrote:
zipgenel wrote:
jeancelestin wrote:

SI DEPORTATION KANPE, KONEN JODIA LA WAP PALE A?
BUT, OBAMA TE REPRAN DEPORTATION LI SOU AYITI FREM

Celestino mi Hermano,
It sounds like you are bringing up Deportation in a topic that is about TPS ( Temporary Protected Status)...
The TPS is a Good for all our Law-Abiding Brothers and Sisters.
Deportation is for Convicted Criminals, no?. Sad

" KM" 1Lov's Hometown Newspaper..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: