Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - NEWS UPDATE: CHANGE OF POSITION ON IHRC
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NEWS UPDATE: CHANGE OF POSITION ON IHRC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LouisJeanBeauge wrote:
It’s really interesting that this statement is retracted less than 24 hours after it was made. This is mistake #1 for the not-yet-confirmed prime minister. This is politics. Not business. Making the decision to disband a commission presided by Clinton, who’s wife is the Secretary of State of Obama's adminstration who has the ears of Obama and the major donors of this fund was a stupid move. I wonder who slapped his hand to make him change direction on the IHRC?

This is where for once, I agree with H1. You have absolutely no track record of accountability and transparency (the government), you have not proven that you can adequately manage public funds and donations, yet you want to disband a commission required by those same people who are providing you this fund. A commission presided by the “most liked” American leader. I wonder what kind of thinking went into this decision. Rouzier, this is politics. Not business. You need to learn how to play this game and you need to learn fast.

@RJ, getting Clinton out also means forfeiting the needed funds (at least a significant portion of it) to start these reconstructions project. No one is going to trust the Haitian government to efficiently manage these funds. As much as Martelly and Rouzier may be credible themselves, they still represent a government that has a proven track record of mismanaging and misappropriating funds. Whether it’s loans or grants. The transparency must be established first. Get the nationalist crap out our minds. Haitians must rebuild Haiti, I agree, but it must be with your own money. If international donors are going to fund rebuilding projects, they have every right to require whoever they feel will give them results to manage these funds.

LBJ

You are so right on the business angle argument, but he does need to know politics is somewhat a different beast. Also, adding on top of your argument there is this issue of not thoroughly understanding the underpinnings of the IHRC, if he did understood it he probably would have gone another direction.

If it is that difficult for a fixture like Bill Clinton to get you money it is because Haiti has a horrible reputation in terms of its legal, financial, and social systems which I think Rouzier does not appreciate is the underpinnings of the problem here. Why he needs to address corruption and other legal problems that is a hindrance to getting money. So before firing people deal with that because that is going to be a mess. Otherwise, all this talk of forming a new government agency is bullshit.

Rj production

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
Rj production wrote:
i don't know what you guys are talking about but it's clear this gvnt doesn't like the idea of Clinton running the show and trust me it's only a matter of time to get him out.

Well truly, the stigma is out there it will be interesting to see how Clinton reacts to this. You are dealing with on the world's best politicians and has handled worst nonsense in his day as well. The problem of getting of rid of him is why 24 hrs a retraction was made, you don't mess with the US when you yourself got nada.

Reality check, and why I doubt Clinton is leaving anytime soon.

you are right not soon enough for the sake of the haitian still living in tents but eventually this gvnt will get him out and take control of the fund.

how can we blame the gvnt for everything that's going wrong in the country but nobody want to question the usage of the money being manage by Clinton for the haitian people. don't get me wrong we need the international community to help us get out of this mess but for them to be working closely with the haitian gvnt not just take over everything and don't expect us not to hold you accountable for the country failure.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:
Haitianone wrote:
Rj production wrote:
i don't know what you guys are talking about but it's clear this gvnt doesn't like the idea of Clinton running the show and trust me it's only a matter of time to get him out.

Well truly, the stigma is out there it will be interesting to see how Clinton reacts to this. You are dealing with on the world's best politicians and has handled worst nonsense in his day as well. The problem of getting of rid of him is why 24 hrs a retraction was made, you don't mess with the US when you yourself got nada.

you are right not soon enough for the sake of the haitian still living in tents but eventually this gvnt will get him out and take control of the fund.

how can we blame the gvnt for everything that's going wrong in the country but nobody want to question the usage of the money being by Clinton for the haitian people. don't get me wrong we need the international community to help us get out of this mess but for them to be working closely with the haitian gvnt not just take over everything and don't expect us to hold accountable for the country failure.

What legitimacy does the Haitian government have for it to earn the right to manage the money it needs to manage reconstruction given $5 billions of loans have been disbursed the last 20 years and never paid on because all this money totals the amount stolen from the treasury.

Just like Rouzier, all this pro Haitian bullshit your forgot how we got here and you cannot blame Clinton for that brother.

Rj production

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
Rj production wrote:
Haitianone wrote:
Rj production wrote:

how can we blame the gvnt for everything that's going wrong in the country but nobody want to question the usage of the money being by Clinton for the haitian people. don't get me wrong we need the international community to help us get out of this mess but for them to be working closely with the haitian gvnt not just take over everything and don't expect us to hold accountable for the country failure.

What legitimacy does the Haitian government have for it to earn the right to manage the money it needs to manage reconstruction given $5 billions of loans have been disbursed the last 20 years and never paid on because all this money totals the amount stolen from the treasury.

Just like Rouzier, all this pro Haitian bullshit your forgot how we got here and you cannot blame Clinton for that brother.

he surely not helping us getting out iether so i rather deal with the evil i know.

daphnee

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:
LouisJeanBeauge wrote:
It’s really interesting that this statement is retracted less than 24 hours after it was made. This is mistake #1 for the not-yet-confirmed prime minister. This is politics. Not business. Making the decision to disband a commission presided by Clinton, who’s wife is the Secretary of State who has the ears of Obama and the major donors of this fund was a stupid move.

This is where for once, I agree with H1. You have absolutely no track record of accountability and transparency (the government), you have not proven that you can adequately manage public funds and donations, yet you want to disband a commission required by those same people who are providing you this fund. A commission provided by the “most liked” American leader. I wonder what kind of thinking went into this decision. Rouzier, this is politics. Not business. You need to learn how to play this game and you need to learn fast.

@RJ, getting Clinton out also means forfeiting the needed funds (at least a significant portion of it) to start these reconstructions project. No one is going to trust the Haitian government to efficiently manage these funds. As much as Martelly and Rouzier may be credible themselves, they still represent a government that has a proven track record of mismanaging and misappropriating funds. Whether it’s loans or grants. The transparency must be established first. Get the nationalist crap out our minds. Haitians must rebuild Haiti, I agree, but it must be with your own money. If international donors are going to fund rebuilding projects, they have every right to require whoever they feel will give them results to manage these funds.

I agree with you but we both know his first statement is the real direction the gvnt wants to go, for now they just have to play the game but as soon the opportunity present Clinton will be out, making room for more willing and capable haitian to handle the fund the right way.

Handle it the right way?!? As opposed to what, the Haitian way?

Come on RJ give it a rest..things may be moving at a snail's pace but you must understand that foreign entities are weary of dealing with past Haitian politicians and governments. The new government is now in place and they want to make demands like disbanding this committee and getting rid of the most notable dignitary is a bit careless. I don't think Clinton should be there forever but as of now, he is our best ally.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MenkiJan

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

H1 am with you my man, but as I said to you yesterday, this was all about putting some pressure on the commission to at least get things started.

We have to admit that progress has been extremely slow, while people are suffering under tents for over a year.

Even the U.S. Government Accountability Office criticized the commission for “delays in hiring staff and a lack of transparency and for not meeting reconstruction goals”.

I think Rouzier's statement might have been a little bit premature, but he has a track record of successfully implementing huge projects in Haiti, therefore he wants to take a crack at this one as well.

Rj production

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:
Rj production wrote:
LouisJeanBeauge wrote:
It’s really interesting that this statement is retracted less than 24 hours after it was made. This is mistake #1 for the not-yet-confirmed prime minister. This is politics. Not business. Making the decision to disband a commission presided by Clinton, who’s wife is the Secretary of State who has the ears of Obama and the major donors of this fund was a stupid move.

This is where for once, I agree with H1. You have absolutely no track record of accountability and transparency (the government), you have not proven that you can adequately manage public funds and donations, yet you want to disband a commission required by those same people who are providing you this fund. A commission provided by the “most liked” American leader. I wonder what kind of thinking went into this decision. Rouzier, this is politics. Not business. You need to learn how to play this game and you need to learn fast.

I agree with you but we both know his first statement is the real direction the gvnt wants to go, for now they just have to play the game but as soon the opportunity present Clinton will be out, making room for more willing and capable haitian to handle the fund the right way.

Handle it the right way?!? As opposed to what, the Haitian way?

Come on RJ give it a rest..things may be moving at a snail's pace but you must understand that foreign entities are weary of dealing with past Haitian politicians and governments. The new government is now in place and they want to make demands like disbanding this committee and getting rid of the most notable dignitary is a bit careless. I don't think Clinton should be there forever but as of now, he is our best ally.

i'll give it a rest since you ask me so nicely Laughing Laughing Laughing

but i hope the people in tent could someday get a rest too daph and you saying things moving at snail's pace that would they are moving right? i guess i'm too blind to see it or it's too fast for me Laughing

Rj production

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MinkiJan wrote:
H1 am with you my man, but as I said to you yesterday, this was all about putting some pressure on the commission to at least get things started.

We have to admit that progress has been extremely slow, while people are suffering under tents for over a year.

Even the U.S. Government Accountability Office criticized the commission for “delays in hiring staff and a lack of transparency and for not meeting reconstruction goals”.

I think Rouzier's statement might have been a little bit premature, but he has a track record of successfully implementing huge projects in Haiti, therefore he wants to take a crack at this one as well.

Rouzier meant every words from yesterday statement and this is the kind of gvnt needed to get us out of the mess we are in not just seat say yes mon blan let your voice heard so they know you mean business.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KE H1 SOU BISKET, PAPA
LI PA WE KOTE " statehood" li a, gad? Confused Smile
OU mele, papa
STATEHOOD OR BUST,
OU GENLE MELE WI, LA
BY THE WAY, I THOUGHT ROUZIER WAS JOKING. NEG LA PA MENM KON SI LAP PASE ET PI LAP PRAN DESICION
BY THE WAY, PUTTING PRESSURE ON THE COMMISSION? SE MOUN YO KAP BA OU LAJEAN ET PI WAP VIN METE PRESSION SOU YO?
FOK NOU SAJ MEZANMI. NOU KA PALE WI, BUT FOK NOU KON KIJEAN POU NOU FE SA
SE BA NOU YAP BANOU, FOK NOU PALE OU JEAN Confused

Last edited by jeancelestin on Thu May 26, 2011 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MinkiJan wrote:

Brother, I agree with you but also know the underpinning why its slow. The donors did not trust the Haitian government much to ascertain anything and they wanted assurances which the IHRC could not gurantee, which was a judicial system to deal with corrupt officials and dealing with land disputes that will arise with reconstruction. Well, Preval did nothing and now with this government it was hoped they would start to deal with this FIRST. Well, their first plan is to dissolve the IHRC, which in my view does not deal with the problem at hand. So a new Haitiano-Haitian agency will definitely not get no money in given you did not adddress the root of the problem.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: