KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*KREYOL LA TV SHOW 1 (GUEST BLACK ALEX): CLICK TO WATCH!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI VIDEO NEWS/GROUP TV SHOWS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Natnat25 wrote:
Mezanmi sak gen la! I can't believe the post I just read from Dr. Mizik. All they ask you to do is check it out. I don't give a rats ass if you think carimi's steps are more rehearsed. That's not what the post is about. If you feel that Kreyol La needs to work on their dance moves, then create another post. Why are we always comparing one band to another. If the dancing sucks, just say that. There is no reason to bring Carimi into it. Sorry, if I sound a little harsh, but your response really made me upset.

Nat.

Pat, I'm not going to go off topic for long, just to answer nads.
Nads, would you say that the main point of my comment or the thesis of my post was to compare Kreole la steps to Carimi's own. Did I say somewhere that Kreole la should just give up their steps because they were not as good as Carimi's. Nooooo. Before you come out swinging like that, read the content, and the main point of the statement instead taking one line and ascribing your own meaning to it. I criticized the steps and clearly stated the reasons why I do not like them. No where did I insinuate or imply that I did not like them because they were not as good as Carimi's. If you were to give a title to my statement would you call it comparing and contrasting CArimi and Kreole la steps. Would you? Your misinterpretation of my statement due to whatever reasons got you upset, not my statement in itself. By the way, they ask me to check it out and then what ? Follow your lead and say.....

Thanks for the show Pat. I really enjoyed watching it. You had me dancing in front of my computer. Can't wait to see what's next.
Nads

Sorry Nads, I checked it out and found something that I did not like, I said it. And I specifically said that I have always wanted to comment on those steps. Sorry that I could not just say ..thanks Pat, can't wait.......ect...

Now to Pat
Pat I would not call it a half compliment, but rather an honest one. I do have some of your ideas that I do not like, but I happened to like this very much. And I said so, I thought I phrased in a way that sort of reinforces the point that I was trying to drive home. I really like this one, this idea.

My suggestions were by no means an indirect way of undermining the quality of your work, they were simply questions that I have always had and that I thought may somehow help the shows. I'm sorry if the questions or my motives were a bit ambiguous.

kompared

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finally had the chance to watch the show. Good job PAT..W'AP TRAVAY, TONTON Laughing Laughing

I like the concept. I know a lot from those guys that I did not know before.

T VLAD se yon GILLETTE pou medam yo Laughing Laughing YO TE DIM SA MWEN PA TE VLE KWER.... Laughing Laughing

I like how VLADIMIR explains the choice for "VAGABON FOR LIFE" as the song for KREOL LA video.

THEO excite fasil...WOW...In real life THEO is a cool guy. May be he had a different personality in the group.

T-ANSYTO is a thug(guerrier)... Very Happy Very Happy Se pa manti, depi KREOL LA ap jwe ak yon lot djazz, misie make sure KREOL LA bien sonnin. Se sak fer parfoi, tout son yo bay TANSYTO, lidi li pa bon.
Anyway TANSYTO, goumin pou DJAZZ ou, I like that Laughing Laughing

Overall all the guys did a good job answering honestly all the questions.

I was laying down watching the show. I enjoyed...Let me go back to sleep... Very Happy Very Happy

Alexavice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the show Pat! I enjoyed looking at Kreyol La doing their thing, man I wished I was there. @ Dr. Mizik, kite Jazz la viv. Rolling Eyes

Robie Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PAT THANK YOU FOR THIS FOOTAGE I REALLY LIKE THE CONCEPT OF EACH MUSICIANS EXPRESSING WHAT KINNA PERSONALITY GOOD AND BAD ABOUT THEIR OTHER BAND MATE. THAT'S A REALLY GOOD IDEA FROM YOUR PART PAT. GOOD JOB I MUST ADD..

Natnat25

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To Dr. Mizik. It sounds like you are very knowledgeable when it comes to music and video production. What don't you ask Pat to add you to the team, so you can put all those great ideas to work. "Actions speak louder than words".

Nat.

P.S: stop calling me Nads Doc, my name is Natalie (Nat for short)

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really enjoyed this.

1. I was watching Vlad's piece and I said wow he is honest. He is giving REAL Goods and Bads about the members.

He also said that he and Ti Hans are the closest. And then Ti Hans re-affirms what Vlad says. And then Ti Hans says Vlad is a bit too direk. Which I can understand what he is saying. LOL

2. All in all, I enjoyed Ti Joe's, Ti Hans' and Vlad's comments and its amazing how ALL of their descriptions matched and they werent in the same room.

I like the concept and I hope it continues with other bands.

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good show

I kinda like Vlad on that show.

JMPerry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I gotta say I really enjoyed the show. Kreyol, you noticed the same thing I did in regards to Vlad. He was comin at them straight up with no hesitation, whether good or bad. Tout moun kon'n kote yo kampe ak Vlad it seems. It's not that often you hear the musicians give honest opinions about their band mates. The concept of the show is great. You get a personal view of each members along with a performance. Bon bagay Pat. I do hope to see other bands featured on shows like this.

JMPerry
KePy Records, Inc.
"Raising the Standard"

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reviews guys. Good/Bad, it is appreciated because it can only serve to make us better. I did receive a couple of complaints about the Black Alex clip being a bit too long, so I am not sure if you guys agree or disagree with that. KREYOL..PERRY...DR MIZIK...NAT...KOMPARED...PEPLA...ROBIE ROB...ALEXAVICE...INCONNU, but I felt that if I added Black Alex in there, it would give some fans of BLACK that might not be fans of Kreyol La the incentive to check it out.

YES....As far as OTHER BANDS, we already have that planned out, and we actually already have a couple of OTHER BANDS in the can already. Stay tuned for that.

Thanks agian for the good/bad reviews. We're trying.

KM!

kompared

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BLACK ALEX adds a different flavor to the show. I was watching it in the comfort of my bed, thus I did not care.

My advice to people is to see it like it was a TV show, not a regular bal footage.

Lay down and watch it, epi dim sa'w wer. Rolling Eyes May be the ladies want more VLAD. I do not blame them... Laughing Laughing

Pat ou antrave.... Laughing Laughing
Good job bro. I cannot wait for a DJAKOUT show... Very Happy Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI VIDEO NEWS/GROUP TV SHOWS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: