Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - Just like I predicted...
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Just like I predicted...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Machiavel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Just like I predicted... Reply with quote Back to top

Hillary kicked ass.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Just like I predicted... Reply with quote Back to top

who? wrote:
Hillary kicked ass.

ur gonna have to do better than that Mach. U obviously watched the debate...please give us ur analysis and how u came to this conclusion...no one liners por favor Wink

ReineDiana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Just like I predicted... Reply with quote Back to top

who? wrote:
Hillary kicked ass.

SHEUT!
I missed it!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
-------------------------------------------------------
WYCLEF JEAN!

chenette

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

indeed she did.
i like her plan to remove the troops gradually from iraq. i strongly beleive a total removal of the troops would not be a good idea, and yes the US should be talking to iran.
i was not satisfy with none of the candidate's answer about health care. i personally do not beleive that america can have better health care without raising taxes.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Just like I predicted... Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
who? wrote:
Hillary kicked ass.

ur gonna have to do better than that Mach. U obviously watched the debate...please give us ur analysis and how u came to this conclusion...no one liners por favor Wink

Obama was clearly the inexperienced and naive one on that stage. WHile he was articular, his answers lacked depth and insight, except when he said that the dubious methods Cheney used to enact his energy bill. He met with the environmentalists once and oil companies 40 times.

Gravel--While he was experienced, he sounded more like an angry senior.

Bill Richardson--I didn't like that comment he made about the ghettos being the haven for guns and violence.

Hillary--the warm and gracious lady who put all doubts aside about her abilities. she was the most authoritative with her responses. I like the fact that she has already taken on the Pentagon re: their plans for withdrawal from Iraq. I didn't like the fan she had to defend herself for being a woman candidate; nevertheless, she never faltered.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Just like I predicted... Reply with quote Back to top

who? wrote:
jeanVALjean wrote:
who? wrote:
Hillary kicked ass.

Obama was clearly the inexperienced and naive one on that stage. WHile he was articular, his answers lacked depth and insight, except when he said that the dubious methods Cheney used to enact his energy bill. He met with the environmentalists once and oil companies 40 times.

Gravel--While he was experienced, he sounded more like an angry senior.

Bill Richardson--I didn't like that comment he made about the ghettos being the haven for guns and violence.

Hillary--the warm and gracious lady who put all doubts aside about her abilities. she was the most authoritative with her responses. I like the fact that she has already taken on the Pentagon re: their plans for withdrawal from Iraq. I didn't like the fan she had to defend herself for being a woman candidate; nevertheless, she never faltered.

Sounds to me like you're simply repeating the same preconceived ideas you held even prior to watching the debate because (to me) while Hillary was certainly poised, i did not hear much depth in her responses. Like I mentioned in my review, i thought Biden't response of Iraq and Obama's response of universal healthcare were the strongest of the nite. Unlike the pprevious debates, I honestly do not remember a conspicuous Hillary moment from tonight...

As the front runner, what Hillary did well was what she DID NOT DO and that was to have a hiccup on which she could be pounced on by her opponents and the media. She played it safe and if that's the standard on which she's being gaged, then I guess you're right...

daphnee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what I observed...Hillary did well with some of the questions that she was posed. I didn't get to watch the whole thing but the parts I did see, she did better than the rest of the candidates. I'm watching the rebroadcast now.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inconnu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

chenette wrote:
indeed she did.
i like her plan to remove the troops gradually from iraq. i strongly beleive a total removal of the troops would not be a good idea, and yes the US should be talking to iran.

Oh please!!!

Plans to remove the troops gradually!!! duh!!!

There's no other way. As many people will tell you, it is logistically impossible to withdraw from Iraq d'un coup.

I watched the first few minutes and then left to go to the gym. When I got back, it was still on. So, I watched the last 15-20 min.

"Follow the money" was my favorite line from it all.

Obama did not sound convincing at all in his answers (the few I heard).

Frankly, I really don't care who gets in office, for no one politician can fix the problems facing this country.

The American people will have to demand change in a gigantic manner if change is to occur.

There will have to be a movement. The people will have to organize to bring about the change needed just like they did during the Civil Rights Movements. Just like they did in the fight for the rights of Women in this country. and so on.

I'm talking boycotts, peaceful marches, and everything in between.

In my opinion, the biggest problem facing this country today is Multi National Corporations.

The system has been infested with corporate power. And no one politician can bring them down. They're all lying to you.

daphnee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hillary says she isn't a liberal...she's a moderate progressive Laughing Laughing

WHATEVER Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:
Hillary says she isn't a liberal...she's a moderate progressive Laughing Laughing

WHATEVER Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing

i know rite...they were all just tripping all over themselves Rolling Eyes That's what happens when u allow OTHERS to define who and what u are. Wink

Republicans took a good word like liberal and LITERALLY turned it into a dirty word Shocked Laughing

Apa INCONNU s'on bon radical li ye! Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: