Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - 5th Annual Haitian Independence Festival
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

5th Annual Haitian Independence Festival
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlkebreau

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: 5th Annual Haitian Independence Festival Reply with quote Back to top

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

M.I.A. Media, Inc.
Mia Lopez
305-343-4750
www.HaitianFest.com

An Observance of Mass Proportions at Bayfront Park
“5th Annual Haitian Independence Festival”

August 2007 – Bayfront Park, Downtown Miami - Opening the doors to new experiences, embracing traditions and recognizing the power of music, the 5th Annual Haitian Independence Festival promises to serve as a springboard for music lovers from all over the globe. In four years the festival has grown in popularity, in attendance and quality due to the appreciation and cooperation of its audience who are all staunch believers that a day full of melodic delights surrounded by a celebration of freedom and liberty is the best way to start off the New Year.

On Saturday, January 19, 2008, Kaliko Productions will once again unveil the crème of the crop in the Haitian Music Industry, while welcoming an International artist and debuting some new comers, all on one stage in Bayfront Park in Downtown Miami. Acts like T-Vice, Nu Look, Hangout, Djakout Mizik, Azor, Jesifra, Gabel, Zin, Krezi Mizik, CaRiMi and Grammy Award winner, Jamaican born reggae singer Junior Reid.

Capturing the essence of this monumental time in history, which is Haiti’s
Bi-Centennial, this year’s festival will serve as a stepping stone for other cultures to share in our pride of being the first free black republic, a feat we conquered in 1804, making this our 203rd Anniversary.

On January 19, 2008, we will be concentrating on the fundamental nature of the sounds that best represent Haiti, while adding a tropical spice to stir the pot in coherence with the Miami flavor that encompasses diversity and multiplicity.

In a class by itself, the 5th Annual Haitian Independence Festival is a sure fire way to kick-off 2008 with the right doses of entertainment, surprises and distinction.

Members of the media are invited to partake in all the weekends’ festivities and are asked to fill out an application for Press Passes in a timely fashion by logging on to www.HaitianFest.com before December 1, 2007. Any requested submitted after December 1, 2007 will be automatically denied. Accreditations are LIMITED, thus there are NO EXCEPTIONS for late applications. The Media Liaison for this event is Mia Lopez – (305) 343-4750 - MIAMedia@hotmail.com, for interviews, questions or further instructions feel free to contact her personally.

Interested sponsors may call (786) 663-8817 for more information or visit www.HaitianFest.com.

The 5th Annual Haitian Independence Festival is the perfect setting to represent your country, tempt your palette with delightful dishes, and connect with others who share the same passion for music, tradition and heritage.

###

Last edited by mlkebreau on Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FUNKY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info Mia and Kaliko...Good Luck for the festival and parties Wink

belfam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to try to make it for that one
Good luck

mlkebreau

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We would love to see you there Fanm, and thanks Funky...

This year is revving up to be exciting with some special surprises too...

Thanks guys!

Mia

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompared

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the 411, Mia....You can count me in... Very Happy Very Happy

BAN DEYE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS FOR THE 411...
I WILL NOT MISS IT FOR ANYTHING .

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Mia!
I wanna know the parties first Idea

Machiavel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my question. The festival is issuing a a press release and listing its website for registration and information, yet the website hasn't been updated in over a year. Shouldn't everything fall into place at the same time? Last year was the same exact thing. The location was changed and the changed was never made on the site.

mlkebreau

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who?,

Thanks for bringing up a valid point, one that I had made prior to releasing the Press Release, Unfortunately the website was suppose to be updated since last week, yet our webdesigner was waiting for the Graphic Designer to complete some of the changes we requested. We were told that it should be up and functional by the end of the week or first thing after Labor Day. That is also why I added my phone number and email address for those who have questions that need answering or are in search of more detailed information, I can always be reached personally to try to help...

Sweet Kowompu, we are putting the final contracts together with the venues and bands for the Pre-Party & After-Party, so when I get that information, I will definetly relay it to you guys.

Thanks guys!

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mlkebreau wrote:
Sweet Kowompu, we are putting the final contracts together with the venues and bands for the Pre-Party & After-Party, so when I get that information, I will definetly relay it to you guys.

Very Happy Very Happy Gade moun kap byen travay! Mia, thanks again.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: