Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - CARIMI: YOUR BEST CARIMI MOMENT AS THEY CELEBRATE BIRTHDAY!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CARIMI: YOUR BEST CARIMI MOMENT AS THEY CELEBRATE BIRTHDAY!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: CARIMI: YOUR BEST CARIMI MOMENT AS THEY CELEBRATE BIRTHDAY! Reply with quote Back to top

This weekend at SOBS, the group CARIMI will be celebrating their 6th anniverssary I believe. Congratulations.

When the group first came out, they did something special. They scored a MAJOR HIT SONG even before their full cd came out. The song "BANG BANG" hit the hmi by storm and also brought something new to the hmi. After the release of their first cd, the group brought a different flavor to the business with their "bubblegum Compa" sound, as well as the choreography during their shows. That even prompted quite a few to follow that trend at one point.

The funny thing is, it was not even supposed to be a band. It was a "project" that was done with no intentions of having a band because the guys (CA-RI-MI) were either going to school or were working a steady job. Once the first song blew up, all those plans were thrown out the window, and the rest as they say is history.

No group in the hmi is without their share of drama. Some are better at keeping theirs under wraps, and for a certain period, Carimi was in the spotlight for making all the wrong headlines. Double booking, feuds with Konpa Kreyol and T-Vice that saw them being branded as a group with a "gang" to intimidate other bands, public spats with overseas promoter Jean Claude Adrasse and their original record producer Philippe Lavelanet of Antilles Mizik, rumors of fights between band members and more seemed to have doomed the band. Fortunately for their fans around the world, the group nipped all of that drama in the bud, and have been on the right track for quite awhile now. As a matter of fact, I can't even remember the last time there was some drama of significance surrounding the group.

Carimi has persevered and has survived in this jungle known as the hmi. They recently released their third studio cd on the market, and they seem destined to be here for many many years to come, considering hos successful the business has been financially.

CARIMI...HAPPY BIRTHDAY and we wish you many more.

PS: What is your BEST/FAVORITE CARIMI moment whether it's at a bal/party or on record that you can think of?

KM!

TiZepeng

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I would have to say their first perfomance at Florville. I have yet to attend a CaRiMi party that can come close to this one. Not only the band was tight but the public was very responsive and into the band. There was a unique chemistry that developped between CaRiMi and the public that night and the outcome was nothing short of sublime and magical. The croud was screaming non stop, especially the laldies... one couldn't help bu tto have chills just by witnessing the scene. Even the guys were touched and moved by it... even getting emotional.

Thanks fo rthis great memory CaRiMi and

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

TZ

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have so many!

Fall 2002 @ a school banquet.

"Bang Bang, Bang Bang" --- I was like WHAT! Who's this?
DJ --- CaRiMi a new band out of NY
DJ --- I'm gonna play another track of them later

"I wanna be, I wanna be"

DJ --- Max, that's another hit of them.

I was like this is crazy and them girls was going crazy on the dance floor!

And the next morning, I was on Sakap***.com store ordering their first LP and research the members and found out that all three of them was college graduates. Right there and then I knew that they had love for Kompa music and music in general.

Keep doing your thing CaRiMi. I love your music!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fell in love with that Ayiti Bang Bang live album like no other. Banb Bang always got people to the dance floor and it was always fun dancing to it...I still remember driving home from Kompafest in Miami w/the guys while we listened to just this one album for the entire trip. In fact I knew about the live album before I listened to the studio version.

at a Carimi Bal in Tallahassee, mwen te fe yon bel ploge courtesy of "Por favor" before the song was officially released on the album!

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was feeling Carimi...I hated Carimi...I like Carimi Laughing Laughing Laughing

KM wrote:
What is your BEST/FAVORITE CARIMI moment whether it's at a bal/party or on record that you can think of?

I don't even know right now Embarassed Embarassed I got to think about it Idea Arrow

Happy anniversary CaRiMi - GleNolStan Marco and Alex Cool

Aesha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My best Carimi moment was their 3rd anniversary; and the party was held n Club A in Queens. The boys were all dressed in red (or was it black) and gave what I think is the best performance ever!!! I remember being glued to the dancefloor all night long!!! I didn't even stop for a minute to go freshen up or get a drink at the bar!! From the moment I got there, they had me hooked with the songs, new moved, the energy they were exerting, and the pride in what they were doing made it my best Carimi moment...I will never forgtet that ball!!!
And it was the first time I saw cake being given out to everyone at the end of the ball, that was some good cake too!!! Embarassed Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Happy Birthday Carimi(the band and all it's members) and eveyone else, management and all, that are involved in anyway in making the band what they are today...Thanx guys Wink

Machiavel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My best Carimi moment will be when the band hires a real keyboardist for the band.

Aesha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who? wrote:
My best Carimi moment will be when the band hires a real keyboardist for the band.

Machia, c'mon! The whole point of creating different post is for one not to overlap on the other...You have your "Mwen pa vle wè group sa/yo pa konn jwe"" post, so leave this one to the "We appriciate something" people...ok! Wink

daphnee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was introduced to Carimi when I went to Haiti for my cousins' wedding and I saw them play at Le Florville and I was like OMG who is this band??? I'm not one of thier biggest fans but I do appreciate their work ethic and some of their songs...Congrats Carimi and keep up the good work!!!!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DonGabbana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gen twòp bèl bal ke'm pran pou'm t'a chwazi youn an patikulye Razz
Se nan DJAZ sa m'fè tout bagay mwen... Petèt lè m'ap gen pou fè BIG STEP la se ap li menm Razz Razz Razz Lage'm nan CARIMI Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
HAPPY BIRTHDAY pou DJAZ k'ap fè TOUT MOUN CHEWING CHEWING lan Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: