Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - CARIMI LIVE VOLUME 3: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CARIMI LIVE VOLUME 3: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: CARIMI LIVE VOLUME 3: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

I have to warn quite a lot of you. The new OFFICIAL Carimi LIVE CD "KITE'L MACHE" is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY GOOD. If you are a fan of the band that's been enjoying their recent performances LIVE...WAP JWEN SERIEUSEMENT SOU CD SA.

Will this LIVE CD help erase the memory that the studio cd left on many, that remains to be seen, but to those of you that are still not convinced about the STUDIO cd, I urge you to try the new CARIMI LIVE, and it's an almost guarantee that it will move you.

The recording is described by me as RAW & CLEAN. NO GOING TO THE STUDIO to add stuff or to polish the sounds by the band. The way that it was recorded at the bal is exactly the way that it came out on the cd BUT IT IS DONE/RECORDED VERY CLEANLY (Job by Gregory Chery according to Richard Cave). My only complaint, and it is minor, is the lack of crowd participation/voices that you hear on the cd. I think I only heard it after the first song "MWEN PA MACHO", but never again. It's always good to hear people in the background singing, even if it is slightly, because that reminds people that it is actually a concert in front of a crowd, rather than the band going to the studio, or recording soundcheck without a crowd. It sure sounds like this recording was done recently in CHICAGO because I hear Mickael say the city a couple of times during his adlibs.

This cd has 7 GREAT PICKS, in which 6 songs are from the new studio cd. "Pouvwa", "Mwen Pa Macho", "Sak Fet Nan Carimi", "Banm Permission", "Se Lam Pwale", "U My #1". The lone non-new studio entry is "BANG BANG', but REMIX STYLEE with their "Gad Jan'w JAZZ MOVE" skit that has been making a lot of noise at their bals.

I can't remember enjoying a Live cd like this for a long time. Maybe it's because I have been to quite a few Carimi bals recently, and also because it is a band whose music style I admire a lot. Nevertheless, THERE IS NO DENYING that this LIVE CARIMI CD is a very good one. CARIMI SCORES A MAJOR GOAL WITH THIS ONE.

EXTREMELY GREAT JOB FROM THE CREW! I can't stop listening to it.

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Guibichi11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good job Carimi

kompared

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review, Pat... Very Happy

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got Mine... mwen pral tande'l pou'm we.. whats new they brought.

neg_okap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really surprised.I listened to the all songs in the cd and I enjoyed them.Se l'am prale a se yon canne Anana jan'l dous.Great job,Carimi.

Massfran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah Ah Carimi doing is thing. Epi kitel mache...

I'm looking forward to get this CD.

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MEN REVIEW DETAYE AN Razz Razz Razz

1-MWEN PA MACHO
Yo fè'l 10:08
Nan 4:13 yo lage on nouvo skit ki tè CATCHY et FUNNY

Si'w wè Kalo k'ape fè foto... Glenny k'ap pran numero
CHERI se JOB la... Pa okipe'l se JOB la
Lumina k'ape fè solo... Alex k'ap pran numero
Cheri se job la... Pa anmède'l se job la
Li pa ka konprann... Blow
Richa w'a eksplike'l

Apre sa RICHA lage on SICK BUBBLEGUM GROOVE Razz Razz Razz Gad Gwos'on KONPA
Yo BIS li apre GRROVE la
Epi lè y'ap rejwe GROOVE la MICHAEL fè on ti clin d'oeil kote li di "EPA S'ON LÒT DJAZ" Laughing Laughing Laughing
Apre sa yo poze DJAZ pou MICHAEL fè diskou an

"O wi... Tout kote... Tout kote s'on sèl pawòl y'ap pale sou MIZISYEN
Mizisyen se vagabon
Mizisyen se vòlè
Mizisyen se kopèr
Yo pase fanm nan tenten
M'pa konn pou lòt djaz men bò isi an nou pa jere konsa
Bò isi an se biznis nou n'ap jere
Se afè nou n'ap okipe
Epi yo demanti'l
IT'S ALL ABOUT BUSINESS

TRÈ BON CHWA POU ON 1E MIZIK SOU on ALBÒM LIVE... NOUVO GROOVE... BÈL REMIX... Se pou sa m'te louvri on POST pou'm te di ke'm APROUVE MWEN PA MATCHO kòm NEXT VDO CARIMI men fò yo t'a fè'l avèk VÈSYON LIVE la... MUZIK LA VIN PLIS FUNNY E CATCHY... BON BAGAY NÈT!!!

IT'S ALL ABOUT BUSINESS... ALL ABOUT BUSINESS!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Se konsa mizik la fini Wink

neg_okap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, i thought that Carimi added some stuff in the studio and that's why i didn't hear really the crowd reaction but i could be wrong.Again,they did a great job even though i 'm not a big fan of those bands live.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any great keyboarding sessions in there, or better yet, any decent keyboard groove in there?

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2- POUVWA
Yo fè'l 11:21
Pouvwa an m'pa bezwen pale anpil paske depi sou STUDYO an li te gen tan sanble on MIZIK LIVE... Eben CARIMI dedouble ladan'l... GLENNY moutre FÃ’S li nan MIZIK sa.... GROOVE SOU GROOVE Razz Razz Razz
Lè w'ap tande MIZIK sa... Ou du mwen lè'm tande MIZIK la li fè'm fè ALIZYON a on GWO KAMYON 18 ROU k'ap kouri ak tout boulin e k'ap bwote moun Laughing Laughing Laughing
MEZANMI mizik sa s'on FWÈT KACH Shocked Shocked Shocked
Glenny chapo ba Wink

3- SE LA'M PWALE
Yo fè'l 10:55
Apre 2 premye mizik yo
Macho ke'm kosidere tankou on MID TEMPO
Pouvwa ke'm konsidere tankou on UPTEMPO KRAZE ZO Laughing Laughing Laughing
CARIMI te oblije cool down bagay yo e poukwa pa SE LA'M PWALE ki se on SIWÈLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Razz Razz Razz
Tout moun KONNEn jan MIZIK sa DOUS e TOUT bèl review li te deja genyen depi sou albòm STUDYO an... Eben la... CARIMI EKSTRAPOLE nèt... Voye mizik la nan on lòt dimansyon Razz Razz Razz
Nan 7:45 yo vire mizik la

"How come... (how come)
Mwen ba'w tout sa'm te posede
Pale de ou... Panse pou ou
Aksepte tout sa'w fè sou mwen
Tell me how come (how come)
Mwen fè tout sa'm panse pou ou
Pale de ou... Panse pou ou
Aksepte tout sa'w fè sou sou mwen

Yo kase konpa an

Mantinik ou ale (W'ale)
La gwadloup ou ale (W'ale)
AYITI ou ale (W'ale)
Mwen pa kapab ankò
Ayiti ou jete'w (W'ale)
Miami ou jete'w(W'ale)
Ayiti ou ale (W'ale)
Epi Glenny

Glenny depoze on GROOVE ki trè ENDESAN si w'ap danse avèk on jèn fi ki pa an afè avè'w Laughing Laughing Laughing Si'w pa bon nan MIZIK sa ou pap jan'm bon ankò Laughing Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: