Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT WYCLEF (objectivity required)
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT WYCLEF (objectivity required)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bambyvicekreyol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT WYCLEF (objectivity required) Reply with quote Back to top

I know most of you are big fans/supporters of Wyclef but I was thinking about the man and some stuff are not adding up.
He says all around that he wants to help our music and artists crossover. But yet he signs some of the most mediocre artists that exist in the HMI, Mecca??? Black Alex??? Come on how about Misty Jean, Top Adlerman, Mika? Then he goes to Haiti, finds a few bands doing their thing, signs them with promises to make them huge but ... nada! That is the case for Barikad Crew. They were doing their thing before Wyclef, and are still doing it and I doubt it is thanks to him!
Then he ,[i]allegedly
, gets a young beat maker to come work in his studio, to later sell the beat to Missy Elliot and take credit for it...humm....
All of that and other stuff made me think, is the man for real or is he doing all of that just to make us like him. Is he bullshitting us or what?

What are your thoughts about it?[/i]

Sak pa kontan --> Poursuit ton coridor...

Last edited by bambyvicekreyol on Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going to judclef for signing mecca and balck alex...though they wouldn;t be my picks. Each person has their preferences.

But I agree with you, in addition to these, he could have worked with some other artists in the business...like those you mentioned.

I did not know anything about the beat maker so I can't comment on that.

kompa'npiwo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT WYCLEF (objectivity required) Reply with quote Back to top

bambyvicekreyol wrote:
I know most of you are big fans/supporters of Wyclef but I was thinking about the man and some stuff are not adding up.
He says all around that he wants to help our music and artists crossover. But yet he signs some of the most mediocre artists that exist in the HMI, Mecca??? Black Alex??? Come on how about Misty Jean, Top Adlerman, Mika? Then he goes to Haiti, finds a few bands doing their thing, signs them with promises to make them huge but ... nada! That is the case for Barikad Crew. They were doing their thing before Wyclef, and are still doing it and I doubt it is thanks to him!
Then he gets a young beat maker to come work in his studio, to later sell the beat to Missy Elliot and take credit for it...humm....
All of that and other stuff made me think, is the man for real or is he doing all of that just to make us like him. Is he bullshitting us or what?

What are your thoughts about it?

SE YON NEG M'AP SWIV LONTAN A LA LOUPE.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MEZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I’m not sure what Wyclef saw in Black Alex. I guess will have to wait for black Alex’s Album to come Out.

But I got to agreed with you, Top Adlerman needs to SHine

Apach 4 life.

Guibichi11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is that young beat maker T-Ansyto? I heard about that too, but you must have proofs before making statement like that though... U know how things are especially here in the States, u need 2 b very careful Cool Cool Cool .

Machiavel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wyclef has no incentives to help other talent Haitian artists attain fame. He is enjoying being the only Haitian pop star in the world, and that's the way he wants to keep it.

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He invest his money wherever pleases him. Black Alex is a superstar whether you guys want to admit it or not. As far as Mecca, his lyrics have potential.

When we analyse the situation, Wyclef wouldn't have any incentive to exploit the Haitian culture. He's made his millions without us and we gained indirect credit. To tell you the truth, the culture is exploiting his popularity to sell Haiti to the world. Hence, ambassador? As far as using those artists, he does not make all the decisions on who to sign if I follow Sak Pase correctly.

Benefit of the doubt? No?

KREOLA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Pepla wrote:
He invest his money wherever pleases him. Black Alex is a superstar whether you guys want to admit it or not. As far as Mecca, his lyrics have potential. Shocked Shocked
When we analyse the situation, Wyclef wouldn't have any incentive to exploit the Haitian culture. He's made his millions without us and we gained indirect credit. To tell you the truth, the culture is exploiting his popularity to sell Haiti to the world. Hence, ambassador? As far as using those artists, he does not make all the decisions on who to sign if I follow Sak Pase correctly.

Benefit of the doubt? No?

Please tell me you are joking... The lyrics i have manage to listened to are from the AMI, he only bothered to translate them.

Sassoune

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bamby - wap fe desod.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mais tu as oublie le tigre.... Razz

D K Bess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guibichi11 wrote:
Is that young beat maker T-Ansyto? I heard about that too, but you must have proofs before making statement like that though... U know how things are especially here in the States, u need 2 b very careful Cool Cool Cool .

Ou pi mal toujou ou minm...
You're calling names when you are not even sure... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: