KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2007 BREAKTHROUGH KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD GOES TO.......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KAFOU......WOW!

AN award is given to the guy by MUSICIANS/HMI PEOPLE....OK you don't like the guy...SE TOUT DWA'W...But SOU POST SA pou vin' fe tout hatorade sa? Ou ta tan yon lot and kite sa out of respect. Shocked

BOUCHON F.....STOP THE BACK AND FORTH on this thread please.

Thank You.

KM!

kafou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
KAFOU......WOW!

AN award is given to the guy by MUSICIANS/HMI PEOPLE....OK you don't like the guy...SE TOUT DWA'W...But SOU POST SA pou vin' fe tout hatorade sa? Ou ta tan yon lot and kite sa out of respect. Shocked

BOUCHON F.....STOP THE BACK AND FORTH on this thread please.

Thank You.

KM!

Hatorage!
SO you trying to say that Musicians can't be bias too?
well if members are questioning my reason, so you don't want me to Answer. well all i did was given reasons why i think the choice was bogus.
in 2007 i don't Kenny did more than both Olivier or Delice who i thing is the clear winner.

Epi se bagay sa yo mwen pa renmen ave'w la oui, ou toujou ginyin yon Adjective Qualificative pou eseye klasifye'm, just because i am not going with the majority, leu se pa fanatik malade, se Hatorade, what's next?

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Go read my post again maybe you'll see THE OVERALL MESSAGE ke map essaye fe passe.

OU PA DAKOR AK sa 55 MEMBER PANEL nan di sou pick sa...OK GOOD. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE....because you have your personal pick that you wanted to win. Having said that the majority on the panel went for KENNY DESMANGLES. Si ou pa ka respecte sa....too bad.

BUT THE OVERALL MESSAGE...THE MAIN MESSAGE...Let me write it again so that you can see it THE MAIN MESSAGE IS WRITTEN BELOW....One more time...THE MAIN MESSAGE IS WRITTEN BELOW

Ou ta tan yon lot thread to voice your DISLIKE FOR KENNY AS AN ARTIST. You don't like him as an artist...SE TOUT DWA OU...but I thought after a couple of posts (Whether it's 2 or 3) where you mentioned that YOU THINK he did not deserve it....Ou ta fe yon relax because THIS IS NOT A "REGULAR" thread like the so many others where you've had your chance to express your dislike for Kenny as an artist. It's a thread where many on the list voted for Kenny because they felt he deserved it.

KAFOU PA DAKOR KE KENNY GINYIN...GOOD. That's your choice...BUT HE WON and that's that. YOU can't change that. I can't change that.

Thank You Kafou. May God Bless you.

PS: Stop with your tactic of TRYING to make it seem when I am talking in general POU OU PRAN LI PERSONEL. Mwen deja di'w sa, and mwen di tout moun sa. Si mwen vle pale ak yon moun DIRECT...MAP VINI SOU OU DIRECT by calling you out. Justy in case ou pat kon'n sa.

KM!

RICKY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Kenny. He deserves this after all h's done for zenglen in 2007. May '08 be better to him and zenglen.

kompared

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats KENNYWAY....!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Pa gade deyer...KIMBE LA... Very Happy Very Happy

Ernst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 2007 BREAKTHROUGH KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD GOES TO....... Reply with quote Back to top

I'M NOT SAYING KENNY DOENS'T DESERVE IT BUT I THINK THAT SHOULD GO TO A NEW ARTIST LIKE MARC D OR OLIVIER. KENNY IS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE. HE MADE A NAME FOR HIMSELF WITH 509. THE BREAKTHROUGH SHOULD GO TO AN UNKNOWN ARTIST THAT INTRODUES TO THE HMI IN 2007.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NICKENSON won the award last year ERNST and he's been with Zenglen for awhile.

BREAKTHROUGH ARTIST is "not" ROOKIE OF THE YEAR award. BREAKTHROUGH for an artist that BROKE THROUGH in some fashion in terms of success in the hmi. If you read the quotes by some of our panel members, THEY DID NOT THINK TOO MUCH of KENNY when he was with 509 because the band NEVER BROKE THROUGH.

KM! Laughing Wink

princessj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to Kenny and Zenglen!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nustyle11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Kenny!
Men'm si nou pa dako ave'l, n'ap oblije aksepte'l.
Mwen men'm se delices mwen ta'p bay li.
De tout fason, le album nan soti..mwen ta swete ke Kenny prove anpil moun wrong including myself.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some issues that I had with this award, but never had the time to state. Also, I did not want to attempt to discredit the judges' decision. However, If Jessie ( T-vice) can completely dismiss the decision of the carnival committee, I surely can go against the decision of the judges that were on KM's panel. Thanks for your leadership Jessie. Ok let's get the point.

Unfortunately, this award only reflects the views of those who brave all sort of danger to risk their lives at this thing that we call "Bal". I hold a firm belief that this group of individuals constitutes a very small percentage of Kompa lovers all over the world.

Music lovers, like myself, who no longer find the bal environment attractive do not have anything to justify why neither Kenny nor Olivier were nominated or received these awards. I mean we do have testimonies from KM members who attended these bals and pictures from the parties. But I do not think that is enough or should be enough. I hope the judges had more than what I had. I hope they had more than KM members' testimony and pictures sent by the bands when they are on tour. I hope they have audiovisual materials....If they do have anything, I doubt that it is the public domain. The last time I went to CD store, there was nothing with Kenny or Olivier's name on it. Kenny has not produced anything with Zenglen yet. Olivier hummm .....yes, but can someone really take a t-vice CD and show me Olivier's contribution. I doubt it... but hey, who knows.
I respect the choice of the judges, but I question their explanation for their respective votes.

I think an award of such magnitude should favor creation over interpretation. I believe in encouraging those who have brought something new and different to the music scene instead of simply interpreting what has been around. For instance, I can appreciate and can easily show Delice's contribution to our music in 2007. He had an impact on a studio and a live album. His work was not only restricted to the listening pleasure of the few who attended the bals. His contribution was not the fruit of picture provided by the band or propaganda by zealous fans nor was it taken out of a black box. I can tell anyone who is willing to listen..... take exhibit A, HMI-2007 listen and you will see why Delice should have the artist of the year. I can also show them exhibit B,C,D,F HMI-2007.

I have nothing to show for Olivier or Kenny. Ok I have one song for each. Maybe in 2008, I will have something official to show for Kenny that can go in the archive of our music. I'm not sure if I will ever have anything to show beside pictures and propaganda posts for Olivier. He may well be talented but I'm not convinced that his talent will ever see the light of the day the way T-vice is structured. Anyone who tries to tell the public otherwise is bluntly disrespecting (LIKE SOME OF THE PANEL JUDGES.... PLEASE GIVE IT A REST).

Hopefully THIS year, maybe for what it is worth, this category will take into account the view of those of us who do not go to bals. By the way for those who are wondering what is the view of those who do not go to bal? It is very simple, if you do not have anything, any new materials in the public domain, anything that is easily accessible to our listening or/and viewing pleasure, you probably should not receive the breakthrough artist of the year award.

Sincerely,
Dr.Mizik

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: