KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2007 CD OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER IS..........
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: 2007 CD OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER IS.......... Reply with quote Back to top

*PART 1 is a short resume from us about what went down

*PART 2 shows you the number of votes + WHO voted for them on the 55 Member panel.

*PART 3 are some of the QUOTES from members of our panel FOR THAT CATEGORY.

The award goes to T-VICE

ANALYSIS:
*THIS ONE WAS UNANIMOUS. There was a CLEAR CUT WINNER according to members of the panel. No other band came even close as you see on the vote breakdown below. The musicians and hmi has spoken through the Kompa Magazine Music Awards, and they say for 2007, no other CD deserved the honor of being named CD of the year other than T-Vice's "Kitem' Viv" CD. Congrats to T-Vice on this award.

*VOTE BREAKDOWN

1) T-VICE 38 Votes
Junior Hangout, Ti Lunet Gabel, Foolish Brothers, Mac. D, Tropidisc Ti Michel, DJ Rey, Kaliko, Kensy Productions, Katalog Gabel, Ralph Conde, Wilson Hangout, Richie Zenglen, Stanley Carimi, Alan Cave, Nickenson Prudhomme, Prince Ello, Pipo Beljaz, Ralph Menelas, Ti Joe Zenny, Sha Hip Magazine, Mia Lopez Kebreau, Elie Lapointe, Junior Vaval, Papillon, Nandy Konparezon, DJ Superduke, Ti Lionel Benjamin, Reshka Fos Baron Festival, Stephane Gilles, Ti Regi, Lionel Beeper, Rulx Galamix, Jensen Desrosiers, Glasses Takeover, Roro Irene Nu Look, Dave Black Parents, Bertho/Zenith

2) KDANS 5 Votes
Kenny Desmangles, Carlo Vieux, Alex Thebaud, Erly Nu Vice, Richard Nemorin.

3) RICHIE & GRACIA 3 Votes
Shedly Abraham, Theo Kreyol La, Billy The Kid.

4) ALAN CAVE 2 Votes
Carel Pedre Radio 1, AJ & M/Atlanta #1 Promoter

4) DOLA 2 Votes
Fabrice Rouzier, Frero Hangout.

6) KREYOL LA 1 Vote
Papa Jube

6) KREZI 1 Vote
Olivier Duret of TVice

6) DJAKOUT MIZIK 1 Vote
Noel Records/Jacques

6) HANGOUT 1 Vote
Fritz Bonheur

PS: ROBERTO MARTINO chose NOT to vote in this category.

*QUOTES (Some Quotes from our panel members)

+MAC D.: "Lots of good songs on the T-VICE CD."

+TI MICHEL/TROPIDISC: "T-VICE. They did a brilliant marketting job behind the cd."

+KALIKO: "The CD put TVICE on another level in terms of popularity."

+KENSY PRODUCTION: "In terms of sound quality, very good. As far as the songs, from the first song to the last song on the cd, Hit Sou Hit."

+RICHIE: "The Impact that the CD had in 2007 speaks for itself."

+ERLY NU VICE: "KDANS' CD did it for me. It was very touching."

+RICHARD NEMORIN; "Tout album Kdans lan bien travail."

+ALAN CAVE: "T-Vice's cd is very commercial + the addition of Olivier Duret made the band more interesting musically."

+STANLEY CARIMI: "T-Vice. I love that CD man."

+PRINCE ELLO: "T-VICE wins. The sound on the CD was excellent "Roberto also showed a lot of maturity on his vocals."

+NICKENSON: "TVice's CD was very commercial and they came with a different flavor on this one."

+FRERO Hangout: "DOLA is my personal choice for CD of the year."

+THEO/Kreyol La: "RICHIE and GRACIA. Lyrically and musically, they were above the rest."

+PIPO: "We can't take away this award from T-Vice. The band was in a slump, they dropped this CD, epi Van Vire."

+TI JOE ZENNY: "CD that has made the most noise for 2007 belongs to T-Vice, therefore my vote for this award goes to them."

+JUNIOR VAVAL: "T-Vice's cd Bat tout lot yo net pou 2007 la."

+NANDY KONPAREZON: "T-Vice wins this one. Everything you need you find on that CD."

RESHKA/FOS BARON: From the first song to the last song, TVice's cd is the one for 2007 as CD of the year."

+KENNY DESMANGLES: "I think KDANS deserves this award. Yo fe yon bel travay sou cd an."

+BERTHO/ZENITH: "TVice's CD is the one for 2007. The cd did a lot for TVice in the business."

+JENSEN DESROSIERS: "TVice made great improvement on their last CD. I also believe it is the cd that sold the most."

+STEPHANE GILLES/Sweet Miky: "CD of the year is T-Vice. I was at a T-Vice party 2 weeks after their album came out & every song from the album they played that night, the crowd new the words to them, so that says a lot.

+CAREL PEDRE: "Alan Cavé is the only CD between those all I can listen to it "De la tête au pied."

+MIA LOPEZ KEBREAU: "CD OF THE YEAR - Hands down T-Vice, for the first time in a decade, T-Vice has made an album that you don't need to skip through and only listen to your 2 favorites, its full of spectacular songs... Carimi and Kreyol La for me have always been that type of band to make those albums, but T-Vice hit the JACKPOT with Olivier and now they've left these bubble gum groups behind and made their own success with that type of Compas."

+TI LIONEL BENJAMIN/Krezi: "I believe everyone is unanimous about it: T-Vice. Lyrics are good, melodies on point, mixing as well. I think its their best work so far."

+ELIE LAPOINTE/Djakout: "Tvice album of the year san pale anpil . Album nan byen elabore, byen mikse, anpil collabo ...#1."

+SHADINE/Hip Magazine: "TVICE: A lot of maturing for the group here. A socially conscience song (Ayiti pap kraze), feel good songs (Cheche fanm pa w and Kite m viv) as well as love jas (santi m ta kriye, and j'aimerai te revoir). The sound is better, the songs all good and diverse. They stepped it up big time."

+FABRICE ROUZIER: "The best is not necessary the most popular. Most Popular goes to T-Vice, but the best goes to Dola."

+PAPA JUBE: "KREYOL LA" it was simply a great album."

+KEPY RECORDS: "T-Vice. I think this one goes to them hands down. The album is just very well put together with the exception of song placement in my opinion but the material is very solid and on point. You can tell they put a lot of work into the album and it paid off. Till this day the album is selling well in the stores. It would of made a bigger impact if the right promotion tactics were used and more time and money spent of promoting the album. But that's an industry wide handicap that one will overcome. There are a lot of great albums on that list, but they didn't accomplish what the Kite'm Viv album did."

+DJ SUPERDUKE: "Cd of the Year would have to be Kitem viv. I can play any track from this album and it will get people going. The first time you hear this Cd you don't need to skip any tracks. It is well produced, arranged and the sound quality is definately on point."

PANEL MEMBERS FOR 2007 KOMPA MAGAZINE MUSIC AWARDS WERE:

1) FABRICE ROUZIER (Mizik Mizik)
2) RICHIE (Zenglen)
3) ALAN CAVE (Zin)
4) ROBERTO MARTINO (T-Vice)
5) CARLO VIEUX (Carimi)

6) TI JOE ZENNY (Kreyol La)
7) SHEDLY ABRAHAM (Djazz La)
TI MICHEL/TROPIDISC (Producer)
9) RALPH CONDE
10) KENSY PRODUCTION (HMI Promoter)

11) NICKENSON PRUDHOMME
12) THEO JADOTTE (Kreyol La)
13) TI LUNET (Maestro for Gabel)
14) FOOLISH BROTHERS/RONY (HMI Promoter)
15) FRITZ BONHEUR (Popular Sound Engineer/Manager for Beljaz)

16) PAPA JUBE (SOBS/SAK PASSE RECORDS)
17) KATALOG (Singer for Gabel)
1 GLASSES (Takeover Entertainment/HMI Promoter)
19) CAREL PEDRE (RADIO 1 in Haiti/SPOTLIGHT Magazine)
20) BLACK PARENTS DAVE

21) TI REGI (Djakout)
22) RALPH MENELAS (Beljaz)
23) PRINCE ELLO (Poze)
24) STANLEY CARIMI (Drummer)
25) WILSON (HANGOUT drummer)

26) KENNY DESMANGLES
27) PIPO
2 OLIVIER DURET (T-Vice)
29) DJ REY (Didi Santana manager/HMI PR)
30) RICHARD NEMORIN (Wow/Groov La fame)

31) MIA LOPEZ (Mia Media/Sakapfet.com)
32) ALEX THEBAUD (Carimi)
33) ERLY (Nu Vice)
34) AJ & M (Number 1 HMI promoter in ATLANTA)
35) BILLY THE KID (Respected HMI musician/Gigger)

36) FRERO (Hangout)
37) RORO IRENE (NU LOOK gongist)
3 REHKA (HMI Promoter/FOS BARON FESTIVAL in New York)
39) NOEL RECORDS/JACQUES NOEL (Noel/Cecibon record store in Miami)
40) DJ SUPERDUKE (BELMIZIK FM/Popular Boston HMI DJ)

41) KALIKO (INDYFEST Festival in Miami/Producer/Promoter)
42) ELIE LAPOINTE (Djakout)
43) KEPY RECORDS/PERRY (HMI Record Label BELO/DJAZZ LA)
44) SHADINE MENARD (HIP MAGAZINE)
45) MAC D. (Former KDANS vocalist)

46) TI LIONEL BENJAMIN (KREZI co-manager)
47) JUNIOR VAVAL (Prominent HMI radio host and MC)
4 PAPILLON
49) NANDY GEORGES (KONPAREZON and HMI promoter/Representative)
50) STEPHANES GILLES (Sweet Micky/Groov La fame)

51) RULX JEROME (Galamix store/Promoter/Manager for Hangout)
52) LIONEL BEEPER (Record store/Producer)
53) JENSEN DESROSIERS (Phantoms leader/drummer)
54) BERTHO/ZENITH Promotions (HMI Promoter)
55) JUNIOR (HANGOUT keyboards)

PS: They were NOT allowed to vote for themselves or their bands. ONLY when 2 MEMBERS OF THEIR BANDS WERE NOMINATED in the same category were members given the option to vote for ONE pick.

Last edited by kompamagazine on Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

daphnee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eske'm ka fe djole kounye'a?!? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good job T-vice..its a well deserved win!!!!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeap it is a good album....took some time to grow on me....but yo deserve it fair and square

--Winston Churchill

MONEY INC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PAGIN MANTI NANSA Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing GO T-VICE

Arly Nu Look Gro Djazz Devan L'eternel

KREYOL-LA 100% LIVE NO MPC>EPI 10.000.000% TALENT

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Epa MOUN YO pa reponn Laughing Laughing

Thanks Pat, great idea by the way Smile

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know its been a while I havent been on KM... but I definitely had to login for this one. Because it feels way too good for me not to say it.

Sa pa gen manti nan sa menm!!!

T-VICE STRONGER THAN EVER MONCHER... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Isnt it funny that Fritz Bonheur voted for Hangout???!!! Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

naturellecreole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to T-Vice... I will also go with T-Vice not for their great song but for marketing purposed they did a great job, and Olivier put another flavor to Tvice. I like almost all the songs on the album wich is something new for me because I've never listen to a whole T-vice album before...

Rolling Eyes But why Roberto chose not to vote, c'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnn sa pa bel non.

Last edited by naturellecreole on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

naturellecreole wrote:
Congrats to T-Vice
But why Roberto chose not to vote, c'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnn sa pa bel non.

What are you saying?

Roberto voted! He did it indirectly. He voted for T-Vice by choosing not to vote. Get it?! Wink Very Happy

kompared

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats...Yo travail dur pou sa..!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Madan Mika

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Lyrics yo bon.... Melodie yo bon... epi kompa m' tombe, sam' manque anyen non laaaaaaaaaaa Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yon moun te ka sakajew janl' vle kon ou tande yon ti T-vice van an paka pa vire...

MADAN MIKA
BACK ON KM
NO MORE BORING DAYS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: