KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2007 SONG OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER IS........
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: 2007 SONG OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER IS........ Reply with quote Back to top

*PART 1 is a short resume from us about what went down

*PART 2 shows you the number of votes + WHO voted for them on the 55 Member panel.

*PART 3 are some of the QUOTES from members of our panel FOR THAT CATEGORY.

The award goes to RICHIE & GRACIA "A L'ANVERS"!

ANALYSIS:
*This was a tough race between RICHIE/GRACIA, DJAKOUT, KREZI, and CARIMI. At the end, the "A L'ANVERS" song stood above the rest. Very very close call, however RICHIE/GRACIA GET THE AWARD AS VOTED BY MEMBERS OF THE PANEL. Congratulations to Richie/Gracia.

*VOTE BREAKDOWN

1) "A L'ANVERS" RICHIE & GRACIA 13 Votes
Olivier Duret, Shedly Abraham, Kaliko, Kensy, Ti Joe Zenny, Elie Lapointe, DJ Superduke, Lionel Beeper, Noel Records, Roro Nu Look, Billy The Kid, Bertho/Zenith, Jensen Desrosiers Phantoms.

2) "JISTIS" DJAKOUT MIZIK 11 Votes
Katalog, Ti Michel, DJ Rey, Stanley Carimi, Pipo, Shadine Menard HIPmag, Papillon, Glasses Takeover, Reshka Fos Baron, Stephane Gilles Micky, Rulx Galamix

3)"TI MAFI" KREZI 10 Votes
Foolish, Mac. D, Richard Nemorin, Frero Hangout, Erly Nu Vice, Wilson Hangout, Richie, Mia Lopez, Kepy Records, Kenny Desmangles.

4) "SAK FET NAN CARIMI" CARIMI 9 Votes
Junior Hangout, Ralph Conde, Alan Cave, Nickenson Prudhomme, Prince Ello, Ralph Menelas, Papa Jube, Dave Black Parents, AJ & M/Atlanta promoter.

5) "CHACHE FANM PAW" T-VICE 5 Votes
Fritz Bonheur, Theo Kreyol La, Junior Vaval, Ti Lionel Benjamin, Carel Pedre Radio 1/Spotlight.

6) "OU FE FOT" ZENGLEN 4 Votes
Roberto Martino, Ti Regi, Alex Thebaud Carimi, Ti Lunet Gabel.

7) "JE FEMIN" ALAN CAVE 1 Vote
Carlo Vieux

7) "BONITA" JUDE JEAN 1 Vote
Nandy Konparezon

PS: FABRICE ROUZIER chose NOT to vote in this category.

*QUOTES (Some Quotes from our panel members)

+OLIVIER DURET: "The message in the A LANVERS song is deep. My vote goes to Richie/Gracia."

+TI LUNET: "OU FE FOT from Zenglen in my personal opinion put Zenglen back on the map again. Li RELEVER djazz la."

+JUNIOR HANGOUT: "SAK FET NAN CARIMI" became kind of a slogan pou jeunesse la."

+RICHARD NEMORIN: "TI MAFI" by Krezi had a deep touchy subject."

+DJ REY "JISTIS" gets my vote because in a Live setting, no other song could match that one for 2007."

+KATALOG: "JISTIS" in terms of radio, Live performance, and public reaction, that one deserves the song of the year for 2007."

+ERLY NU VICE: "TI MAFI. Realite text la is very very touching."

+RICHIE: "That TI MAFI song is bad. It's deep, and it's real."

+NICKENSON: "SAK FET NAN CARIMI to me is the one that deserves the award. Se li ki mache plis."

+PRINCE ELLO: "SAK FET NAN CARIMI was the hmi slogan of the year. I also think it deserves to be the song of the year as well."

+PIPO: "JISTIS". Pa gin manti nan sa. You can't touch them for this award."

+RALPH MENELAS: "SAK FET NAN CARIMI is the phrase KI NAN BOUCH PIBLIK LA. Bayo'l."

+TI JOE ZENNY: "A LANVERS. In terms of the arrangements, the text, and the situation going on in Haiti, this song deserves the award. Plus they play it a lot."

+PAPILLON: "JISTIS is the song that can move any crowd at anytime, anywhere like it's a carnaval. That song is a major hit. Song of the year for 2007 to me."

+KEPY RECORDS: "TI MAFI - Something about the depth of the lyrics in that song just puts you right in front of the storyline as to say it's unfolding right in front of your face. Very well written song and Roosevelt did a great job in writing and does his thing on the vocals also."

+KENNY DESMANGLES: "TI MAFI with its message deserves the song of the year for 2007."

+RORO IRENE: "A LANVERS is a song that makes a lot of sense at this time for our country. My song of the year for 2007."

+NOEL RECORDS/JACQUES: A LANVERS has those working for it. POPULAR SONG. Tout moun Konpran Li in terms of message. Plus, IT'S REAL. My song of the year for 2007."

+JENSEN: "A LANVERS". In terms of airplay on the radio from Miami to Haiti, that song is right at the top."

+STEPHANES GILLES: "Song of the year is "Jistis". Pa gen on moun ki pa konen mizik sa. Anywhere this song is played, it gets the crowd hyped."

+CAREL PEDRE: "My Pick is "Chache Fanm paw" because it's a Super Radio Hit and several upcoming band used to play this song in their gigs."

+ELIE LAPOINTE: "Without a doubt "A l'envers" is the one. There's no need for explanation."

+MIA LOPEZ: "Ti Mafi by Krezi has to be my choice, becuase I'm looking at it from a professional stand point, as far as lyrics, quality and poignant messages. I like things that make you think and make you talk about its contents after listening to it."

+SHADINE MENARD HIP MAGAZINE: "JISTIS (Djakout) For the better part of the year, this song was playing everywhere and the rooves got Everyone to dance and had others copying Djakout's sound."

+DJ SUPERDUKE: "A L'anvers to me was worth all of the 50 or 100000 it cost to do the back to the future album. This social concientous album convers all the major social and political issues that afftect Haiti today. It got he attention of most comcern haitians. Not to mention a reunion Cd/ Track from Gracia and Richie."

*PANEL MEMBERS FOR 2007 KOMPA MAGAZINE MUSIC AWARDS WERE:

1) FABRICE ROUZIER (Mizik Mizik)
2) RICHIE (Zenglen)
3) ALAN CAVE (Zin)
4) ROBERTO MARTINO (T-Vice)
5) CARLO VIEUX (Carimi)

6) TI JOE ZENNY (Kreyol La)
7) SHEDLY ABRAHAM (Djazz La)
TI MICHEL/TROPIDISC (Producer)
9) RALPH CONDE
10) KENSY PRODUCTION (HMI Promoter)

11) NICKENSON PRUDHOMME
12) THEO JADOTTE (Kreyol La)
13) TI LUNET (Maestro for Gabel)
14) FOOLISH BROTHERS/RONY (HMI Promoter)
15) FRITZ BONHEUR (Popular Sound Engineer/Manager for Beljaz)

16) PAPA JUBE (SOBS/SAK PASSE RECORDS)
17) KATALOG (Singer for Gabel)
1 GLASSES (Takeover Entertainment/HMI Promoter)
19) CAREL PEDRE (RADIO 1 in Haiti/SPOTLIGHT Magazine)
20) BLACK PARENTS DAVE

21) TI REGI (Djakout)
22) RALPH MENELAS (Beljaz)
23) PRINCE ELLO (Poze)
24) STANLEY CARIMI (Drummer)
25) WILSON (HANGOUT drummer)

26) KENNY DESMANGLES
27) PIPO
2 OLIVIER DURET (T-Vice)
29) DJ REY (Didi Santana manager/HMI PR)
30) RICHARD NEMORIN (Wow/Groov La fame)

31) MIA LOPEZ (Mia Media/Sakapfet.com)
32) ALEX THEBAUD (Carimi)
33) ERLY (Nu Vice)
34) AJ & M (Number 1 HMI promoter in ATLANTA)
35) BILLY THE KID (Respected HMI musician/Gigger)

36) FRERO (Hangout)
37) RORO IRENE (NU LOOK gongist)
3 REHKA (HMI Promoter/FOS BARON FESTIVAL in New York)
39) NOEL RECORDS/JACQUES NOEL (Noel/Cecibon record store in Miami)
40) DJ SUPERDUKE (BELMIZIK FM/Popular Boston HMI DJ)

41) KALIKO (INDYFEST Festival in Miami/Producer/Promoter)
42) ELIE LAPOINTE (Djakout)
43) KEPY RECORDS/PERRY (HMI Record Label BELO/DJAZZ LA)
44) SHADINE MENARD (HIP MAGAZINE)
45) MAC D. (Former KDANS vocalist)

46) TI LIONEL BENJAMIN (KREZI co-manager)
47) JUNIOR VAVAL (Prominent HMI radio host and MC)
4 PAPILLON
49) NANDY GEORGES (KONPAREZON and HMI promoter/Representative)
50) STEPHANES GILLES (Sweet Micky/Groov La fame)

51) RULX JEROME (Galamix store/Promoter/Manager for Hangout)
52) LIONEL BEEPER (Record store/Producer)
53) JENSEN DESROSIERS (Phantoms leader/drummer)
54) BERTHO/ZENITH Promotions (HMI Promoter)
55) JUNIOR (HANGOUT keyboards)

PS: They were NOT allowed to vote for themselves or their bands. ONLY when 2 MEMBERS OF THEIR BANDS WERE NOMINATED in the same category were members given the option to vote for ONE pick.

Last edited by kompamagazine on Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

TOTOVICE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Gracia and Ritchie on this well deserved award! Bel gren Mizik san manti!!!!!!!!!

TOTOVICE
BOSTON UNITED TOUT TAN!

neg_okap

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Closed call,Congrats Richie/Gracia.A l'envers,bel grenn mizik. Very Happy

XXplosive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats To Ritchie and Gracia. That song had a huge impact when it came out. Good Job guys!

naturellecreole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwen renmen a l'envers a mort, I probably will vote for them. Cangrats to Richi and Gracia.
now sim tap vote apres yon bon calcul,I will go with Timafi.
Timafi is a special song. The lyrics is far from what were already talking in the HMI. Timafi se yon aspect nan societe Haitienne nan moun yo pa touche du tout, le yap parle de misere, de grangou, de pays kap mal dirige, de moun ki a lenvers yo pa janm sonje touche aspect timafi, I guess David li menm li tap garde nan longue vue et bien li vini ak Koze Tmafi a.
bagay timafi a se yon bagay kouran en haiti, ou pa besoin al kay gro manman, lapiscina etcc,.... pou ou trouvel ou ka menm trouvel sou chanmas, devan lekol,nan station yo etc...years ago I went to Haiti with the organization HOPE on a aids campaign ,guys se tande poun tap tande istwa jeune fille that's why I think Timafi has a big impact on people that you guys dont even think about, people who's far from being in your prayers.
best songs goes to krezi with Tmafi(vote)
then I will go with jistis (se yon bagay tout moun besoin)

XXplosive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, check it out, there must be a little problem here. Olivier Duret voted for Ti Mafi but in his comment he said that his vote goes to A Lanvers.

Quote:
*Krezi Ti Mafi votes
Olivier Duret Vice, Mac. D, Richard Nemorin, Frero Hangout, Erly Nu Vice, Wilson Hangout, Richie, Mia Lopez, Kepy Records, Kenny Desmangles.

Quote:
*QUOTES (Some Quotes from our panel members)

+OLIVIER DURET: "The message in the A LANVERS song is deep. My vote goes to Richie/Gracia."

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MY BAD. Thanks XXPLOSIVE.

OLIVIER DURET's vote for SONG OF THE YEAR went to A LANVERS of RICHIE/GRACIA. Typo on my part. KREZI's vote total in THAT CATEGORY should read 10 votes.

Thanks

KM!

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwen renmen tout mizik ki te lan kategori sa'a..
men mwen te renmen mesaj a lenve ya anpil..
Congrats to Ritchie and Gracia...

Sanrick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Ritchie & Gracia, well deserved!

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, what is this award based on?

is it most popular song or what?

do you give the artists a list of songs to vote for or canthey pick any song they want?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: