KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HMI "PEOPLE": NARAH TIMMER OF D-BON PRODUCTIONS!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: HMI "PEOPLE": NARAH TIMMER OF D-BON PRODUCTIONS! Reply with quote Back to top

"HMI PEOPLE" will focus on the people that you don't usually hear about all the time, perhaps tilting towards the members of the HMI that are behind the scenes making it tick without you even knowing. It's our chance to bring the spotlight to them.

Kicking off a new segment of KM called "HMI PEOPLE", check out this interview that we had with NARAH TIMMER of D-BON Productions. Even though NARAH has been a figure in the HMI for many many years, she is about to embark on the D-BON adventure by having her first party under that umbrella with Sweet Micky on Friday.

Here is the interview below

1) Hello NARAH...Tell us about yourself and your resume in the HMI?

NARAH: Hi Pat! I am a strong, intelligent, independent professional who knows how to get things done. Overall I have been "behind the scenes" of the HMI for about 8 yrs. From 2000-2003 I assisted in the coordination of the events produced by Fan's Production in the NY area including Labor Day participation.

By May 2003 I along with my cousin, ET, put together the First Haitian Flag Day Festival held in Mount Prospect Park, Brooklyn. This event had approximately 13,000 attendees, that festival was the first of its kind in Brooklyn to draw so many people.

Since then I have been called upon by some of the top HMI production companies such as Alabel Mizik, Venus Production and Festival of the Island, Inc. to coordinate their events, and so far I’m enjoying every second of it.

2) DBON PRODUCTIONS will be having their first bal next weekend with SWEET MICKY. Tell us why you went with SWEET MICKY, especially in a crowded weekend party wise.

Well the only answer I can give you Patrick is Why not? I mean Sweet Micky is one of the best entertainers in the HMI, even after more than 20 years he still remains an artist that people love to see, hear and dance to. We think we made a good choice and the fact that his latest album is making some noise we thought it would be great to offer the NY folks a little Sweet Micky.

3) If I were a customer unable to make up my mind about which party to go to, What will be so special about YOUR PARTY to entice me to attend?

NARAH: Good question, I think that throughout my particular career I concentrate a lot on anti-mediocrity meaning that I try to get my clients to understand that something different, at a whole new level is what this community needs. I think DBon Productions is leaning towards the same goal. We created DBon Productions with a group of five professionals who have had their hands into several successful events not only in the HMI but the American market as well and I think that collaboratively we are a great team working to better serve our patrons. I mean just come and see for yourself.

4) What other parties do we foresee in DBON's future in the upcoming months?

NARAH: Patrick you’d have to Stay tuned for that answer because we are working towards stepping it up a little bit in the next few months, so you shall see.

5) Are you in the game for REAL, or is this just a hobby to kill some time? (Lol)

NARAH: After 8 years, its not a hobby anymore. I have always wanted to take this HMI game seriously and at times its been trying and difficult especially when the people you are working with aren’t on the same page. This time I think we have all found the right formula and right now we have no time to kill this is the Real Deal.

6) What made you decide to take the plunge in this part of the business? In these "KLOROX" times, is now the right time to be jumping into the party promotion business?

NARAH: Well sometimes when you see a group of people coming out to do something different or even a band that is just starting to pick up steam, you automatically think that they “Just Started” but in reality they have been working for years to find the perfect time to shock the world. Same here, its all about timing Patrick.

7) IN YOUR OPINION, give us the TOP 5 most bankable HMI bands in terms of being assured that you will get your money for a bal?

NARAH: I think everyone is in my TOP 5-I'm a promoter now Pat...COME ON!

Cool Any final words?

NARAH: Nothing but a big Thank you Pat and see you Friday.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great Interview Pat. I have seen Narah a couple of times and from her answers, she seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I wish her the best with all her future endeavors and I hope her first party with Sweet Micky is a major SUCCESS. Very Happy

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just like in the Interview always cool an Collected, good luck on the new Venture... Not sure about the Micky event but i'm sure with the Holiday weekend it will be a good 1.

good luck.. Classy lady always.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Straitshooter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Who are the other members of D-Bon Productions? What is the range of events they plan to promote?

Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice interview!

Sanrick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice Interview, me like your choice.

Good luck with your first party, I will see if I can make it!

XXplosive

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice questions. She answered them well and straight to the point. Except for that most bankable band. Not every band can be on your top 5, there are more than 5 bands in the industry Very Happy

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice interview....
Narah toujou cool.. Wink
Good Luck to Narah and D-Bon Productions......

daphnee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ohhhh, Narah didn't know that was ur party dear...ooops well good luck hun and si'm gen tan I'll try to come through. Nice interview Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arly-Vice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SISTER I'M WITH YOU ALL THE WAY SEE YOU THURSDAY AND YOU KNOW WHERE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: