Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - DAY 3 OF CARNIVAL: WHO STOLE THE SHOW & WHO FLOPPED!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DAY 3 OF CARNIVAL: WHO STOLE THE SHOW & WHO FLOPPED!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: DAY 3 OF CARNIVAL: WHO STOLE THE SHOW & WHO FLOPPED! Reply with quote Back to top

DAY 3 RECAP

Based on what you saw

*WHICH BANDS did well in your opinion and why?

*WHICH BANDS flopped and why?

KM!

Carmelito

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Swet Micky,Mass Kompa, BP flopped.img]Djakout,Kreyol la and carimi did it again.

[/img]

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PAT, KREYOL LA, KREZI, BACK UP, CARIMI, ALL HAVE GIVEN STELLAR PERFORMANCES. DJAKOUT GAVE A HELL OF A PERFORMANCE LAST NIGHT, BUT THEY NEVER MADE IT TO CHAMPS DE MARS TEH OTHER TWO DAYS.

ALL BANDS SEEM TO HAVE DONE WELL! HOWEVER, KREZI FOR BEING A BAND THAT HAD THE TIDE AGAINST THEM, PEOPLE SAID THAT KREZI WOULD NTO BE COMPETITIVE THIS YEAR, 3 SOLDA KITE, LAME A AP KRAZE, TO BORROW THEIR OWN TERM, THEY HAVE PROVED EVERYBODY WRONG!
KREZI, YOU CAN NEVER COUNT THEM OUT AND THEY HAVE PROVED THAT!. TO ME, KREZI HAS THREE CONSECUTIVE GOOD DAYS.
TAHT IS WAHT COUNTS.
THE TERM IS : CONSISTENCY. KREZI HAS DONE TAHT
DJAKOUT MAY HAVE A VERY GOOD DAY LAST NIGHT, BUT THE FACT THAT THEY DID MAKE IT TO CHAMPS DE MARS ALL THREE DAYS HAMPERS THEIR CHANCES TO BE THE OVERALL CHAMPION.

THE OVERALL CHAMP, I WOULD SAY KREZI! AND I WOULD PROBABLY ADD KREYOL AS A CLOSED SECOND
ALSO, WATCH OUT FOR CARIMI! THEY ARE COMING OUT STRONG! AND I LIKED THE FACT THAT THEY WAITED THE LAST DAY TO PINCH MICKY Very Happy
BEL KNAVAL! BUT, NOU POKO KONIN KONBIEN MOUN KI MOURI
BY THE WAY, MET BETON AN, MOURI SOU BETON AN ANE SA! T-V8CE DID REALLY POORLY THIS YEAR!

Last edited by jeancelestin on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WRONG POST MR. CELESTIN

Please read this post again...it has to do with DAY 3 "ONLY".

KM!

kompared

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJAKOUT stole the show. They had a big following. The sound was great. The crowd reaction and animation were plain CRAZY.

MICKY flopped. With a great carnival song added with MICKY reputation on the beton, I EXPECT way better for a final day than what I saw last night. The animation and crowd reaction did not IMPRESS me at all.

JMPerry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what I can see last night, NO DOUBT that Barikad Crew TORE IT UP. They came out so strong and you can tell that the crowd was thirsty for them. Mass Kompa temet kraze on kite sa oui. They fell on their faces last night. Again, from what I saw on the net.

JMP

Obama

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Djakout and Baricad Crew are in a tie as far as stealing the show......If i had to give toONw of them ...Baricad has to get the nod.....What we saw last night was simply amazing......I mean I am still having goose bumps re-living it in my mind....The connection with the crowd and the amount of people in front of them was Shocked Shocked Shocked...

Advantage : Baricad Crew

The flopper for the last night had to be Micky/Mass Compas....I was expecting more fire from Micky last day of Carnival and the fact that Carimi finally engaged HIM made it even more obvious. I thought that his strategy was saving his energy for the last day but it did not happen.
As for Mass Compas, Ti Bladda was just AWFULL...He got more critics going up Champ Mars than any other bands i have seen last night...He is just done. Gazman had him talk about him for 3 days and stil came out on top....He was very RAZ on champ Mars last night ..

Advantage : Mass Compas yes Aya

Michele: B, Joe called earlier..his truck broke down

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Djakout, BC stole the show because they had the crowd on the palm of their hands and the sound and performance were just on point

Mass Kompa/Micky flopped.

Mass Kompa the sound was not good ninpot ti radio tranzisto te ka kouvri ti jaz sa.

Micky I don't what's going on with the president, athough he had a good meringue, but for some reason he could not put his finger on one catchy part of his meringue and connect with the crowd.

wallywal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

djakout mizik pa gin manti nan sa, yo te nan yon lot niveau
barikad crew killed min yo pa gin te gin son

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Baricad Crew and Kreyol La I though performed well and Krezi did had a nice presentation.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: