Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - ZIN MAESTRO DROPS BOMBSHELL RESPONSE ON ALAN CAVE (READ)
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ZIN MAESTRO DROPS BOMBSHELL RESPONSE ON ALAN CAVE (READ)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: ZIN MAESTRO DROPS BOMBSHELL RESPONSE ON ALAN CAVE (READ) Reply with quote Back to top

Check out this bombshell response that we received from ZIN maestro ALEX ABELLARD in regards to what ZIN vocalist ALAN CAVE told us when we asked him if he was taking away ZIN gigs with his SOLO band.

We received the note from ALEX.

ALEX ABELLARD: "AS A RESPONSE TO ALAN'S PUBLIC STATEMENT ABOUT ZIN. Since Alan decided to go PUBLIC with the issue and bring HIS side of the issue to KM, I think that it is only fair for me to comment on his statements. I will still resolve this case internally. However, the public has to be clear on where ZIN stands.

On MANY occasions, ZIN performed without all the musicians that he mentioned: Eddy, Patrick, Romeo...If Alan did not want to forfeit the contract, the decent thing to do would have been to consult with me and add a drummer, a guitar player and a percussion player, just like we have done many times before. Only this time he decided otherwise because the first of the month was approaching and obviously, he feels that he is the ONLY one who was hit by the recession, who has a mortgage wife and kids, not giving a damn about the other members. Thank God that no matter how hard I am hit by the recession, MONEY will not change my character and make me bypass any members of my band to make some extra dollars for JUST myself on any venture that included the band...But that's just me.

There have been many times where ZIN has missed gigs because the promoters refuse to hire Zin without Alan. He has become the Face of Zin and justifiably so. However, taking advantage of this to only cater to YOUR PERSONAL NEEDS is a reflection of selfishness. How do we set the limit? Where does it stop? So now ZIN has to depend on one's availability and function ONLY when one person, the lead singer, decides to allow it? Even if Alan was a formal partner, he would have forfeited all his rights to partnership because he took advantage of the exposure acquired in ZIN to create an entity that evidently causes conflict of interest.

Alan has done many gigs before where he would perform very differently from ZIN's regular repertoire: I PERSONALLY NEVER HAVE AND STILL WOULD NOT OPPOSE THE IDEA. However, if you are starting to take gigs that originally belonged to the band and make them your own by performing with your own reduced version of ZIN, it becomes unacceptable...and I and the rest of the band members HAVE ENOUGH of this nonsense. Because of this, we cannot function the way that we used to. People are saying that there is no ZIN without Alan. Ironically, even with Alan in the band, there is no ZIN...It cannot get any worse so we will do what's needed for the WHOLE BAND to survive and NOT LET ONE INDIVIDUAL DESTROY US...

It is very sad that it should come to this but WE, the band ZIN, did not create this situation by willingly performing without Alan: HE DID by willingly performing without Zin.

Thank you.

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well.
I guess Alan probably figured Zin used to take advantage of him by using his Albums..maybe not getting pay enough.. who knows Rolling Eyes
at the same time it shows that you don't really care about other members.
if you're party of the band,why would go pick other people instead of members from your band or even the whole band if possible?
that kinda selfish if you ask me.
Alan just doing him.. 4get Zin.
san Alan pa gen Zin he knows that... people don't really care about zin new lead singer.

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow Maestro thats a little bit harsh no need for all that, I think you guys should settle your differences behind close door. Mezanmi mwen **** sezi!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
kompared

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Islandfaces wrote:
Quote:
Wow Maestro thats a little bit harsh no need for all that, I think you guys should settle your differences behind close door. Mezanmi mwen **** sezi!!!

Patizan, ou kwer se ou ki te soulve kesion an piblik sou board la....So ki bor ou te vle yo ba'w repons la....? Laughing

Se behind closed doors ou te poze kesion an..? Laughing

djromy1

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow Wow Wow !

Unleash an Artist to go solo is a bad idea. No matter who does it.

Zin nan Zin

Anyway guys try to resolve this problem

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Patizan just because i asked a question doesnt mean that i want read about personal issues, the name calling is un-called for this could easilly handled in a different way.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
MenkiJan

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Jwet la gate wi la a neg yo met krannpon vise deyo nomal nomal.

Jwet bosal net.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
Islandfaces wrote:
Quote:

Patizan, ou kwer se ou ki te soulve kesion an piblik sou board la....So ki bor ou te vle yo ba'w repons la....? Laughing

Se behind closed doors ou te poze kesion an..? Laughing

WAP SUIV!
ALAN METE BAGAY LA PIBLIK, DONC MAESTRO A BAY OU REPONS PIBLIK
WELL, IF WHAT ALEX SAYS IS TRUE, I THINK ALAN IS MISBEHAVING A BIT!
AS ALEX SAYS, NO ONE IS RECESSION PROOF. THEREFORE, DO NOT USE YOUR LEVERAGE IN THE BAND TO DO THINGS INACCEPTABNLE.
EVERYBODY NEEDS TO EAT, RIGHT? KESTION TOUT MOUN AP REGLE ZAFE YO, TOU SE BOBINE!
TAHT IS VERY BAD!

Last edited by jeancelestin on Tue May 05, 2009 8:21 am; edited 3 times in total

Marika

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ILandfaces wrote:
Patizan just because i asked a question doesnt mean that i want read about personal issues, the name calling is un-called for this could easilly handled in a different way.

What other answer did you expect? You asked a question that is right in the middle of one the issues Zin internally has to do deal with. You asked a question that is at the very root of some of the band members frustrations again what else did you expect?

Anyway I think it is very sad that it has come to this arguing on websites about your band. At this point it is urgent the band holds a meeting about the future of the band a) they need to have an urgent meeting and deal with their frustrations/issues once and for all b) they have a meeting and call it quits and everyone is free to do whatever or c) Alan and Zin move forward without each other

Gromosso

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Face la,

if Alan didn't want this to go public, all he could have done when KM asked him the question is simply say NO COMMENT. By going the public route, of course Alex has initially gave his side of the story publicly just like Alan did.

I hope this will be the last time the public reads about any internal matters that the band needs to resolve.

On a sidenote, Alex, kouri mete yon babouket panyol lan bouche Patrick. Better yet, fe dekonekte telefone li paske depi li jwen ak KM, misye pral degringole. Wink Laughing

Antouka map tan'n jazz la le 16 Me. Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: