Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - CARIMI MANAGER REVEALS PROBLEM BEHIND HMI SUMMER TOUR BLUES!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CARIMI MANAGER REVEALS PROBLEM BEHIND HMI SUMMER TOUR BLUES!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: CARIMI MANAGER REVEALS PROBLEM BEHIND HMI SUMMER TOUR BLUES! Reply with quote Back to top

We asked CARIMI manager FITO FARINEN if indeed there is a RECESSION in Haiti that is affecting the Summer tours like some have alluded to, this is what he told me.

FITO FARINEN "YES there is. I think the problem is THERE ARE TOO MANY BANDS DOWN THERE NOW. Also, the fans just want something NEW in terms of the way the parties are packaged. IT'S A MATTER OF STRATEGY down there in order to do well or survive. It's affecting every band."

When we asked what about NU LOOK, he said "NU LOOK is doing very well down there, but they are fortunate that they are the ones that have the freshest material in terms of cd releases, even though it's older than when they visited last year.

We asked FITO about the BEST and WORST CARIMI bal on the SUMMER HAITI TOUR in terms of numbers, he told me "We did 600 AU CAP by ourselves. We also had good numbers with the party that we did with T-VICE. The worst one in terms of number was CAMP-PERRIN. We did 300 there. The CAMP-PERRIN was not even on the schedule, we were just told that we were doing that gig on the day that we arrived THAT DAY, so we went there and played after arriving at the airport. It was on a Thursday, and that same town had TVICE on Friday, and NU LOOK on Saturday. I think on Thursday, the people from outside of Camp-Perrin will NOT make the trip as they don't leave their place/cities until Friday."

FITO also pointed out that the group did a party where it was a SOCCER PROGRAM, that had 4000 people. "THE PROGRAM brought out 4000 people, even though I know that CARIMI brought a lot of people to that event. Three other bands played at that same program weeks prior to us, and they have told me that the program had more people when we performed, however since it was not only a CARIMI event, we will not take credit OURSELVES for having all these people at the event."

FITO also brought up an example of a bal the group did a OLYMPIA at "LA PLAINE". "This is a place where we usually have 600 people. That day we did 300, only for me to find out that LITERALLY IN THE BACKYARD, that is PARK RONY COLLINS, they had the soccer tournament there along with Djakout Mizik playing. I could basically walk to THAT event while Carimi was playing at the club."

CARIMI is finished with their Summer tour.

KM!

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the update Pat. Well si m bien konprann sa Fito di yo laa, mache a sature anbaa, twop groups desann epi pa gen kob. Look la lucky ke tout moun.

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WELL, FITO IS HONEST IN HIS ASSESSMENT!
BUT, WHAT DOES HE MEAN WHEN HE SAID TAHT CARIMI IS FINISHED WITH ITS SUMMER TOUR? THEY ARE COMING BACK TO THE US?

YOU SEE, THE PROBLEM IS TOO MANY BANDS AT THE SAME TIME. BUT, THAT IS THE WAY IT HAD ALWAYS BEEN. SUMMER TIMES ARE ALWAYS PACKED WITH BANDS IN HAITI

ANYWAY, KENBE LA, TI MESSIEURS!

SO FAR! LOOK LA AP DEGAJE LI TRES BIEN DEYE A WI

bella_mafia1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awww !!!
Great to know..
Donk se pa Carimi kite fe 22 moun lan / nan Gonaiv lan. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy OUFFF !!! Mwen genyen an ti soulajeman wi ...

300 person is not bad at all...
Par kont se vre ke lheu Carimi pral vini avek NEW material = Yo pral fe PLUS moun toujou Very Happy Very Happy Wink Wink

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CELESTIN

THE TOUR IS DONE. Carimi will leave for an ANTILLES TOUR that will last for almost 2 weeks.

KM!

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like Fito had made a good forecast of Carimi's summer tour in Haiti this year. And he planned accordingly to have a relative short tour. That's good management if you ask me.

Btw, it would be very interesting if we could get such a candid tour report from the bands, espcially the major bands.

Thanks Fito.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PhizUniq wrote:
It seems like Fito had made a good forecast of Carimi's summer tour in Haiti this year. And he planned accordingly to have a relative short tour. That's good management if you ask me.

Btw, it would be very interesting if we could get such a candid tour report from the bands, espcially the major bands.

Thanks Fito.

I have to admit that was a true assessment no bravado, no radotay, and honesty.

I do have one gripe, mad respect for Nu Look music, but that album is old man and music is not new or fresh anymore. But I understood subtlety of that comment so map kite'l alone. Laughing

b-ray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bon bagay Fito, men mwen penser le pire se te bagay olympia a, ki pou mwen pat gen 100 moun, apres sa camp perrin an, mwen gen cousin m kite la, ki di mwen bel bal, bon bagay.
SE PAS SEUL CARIMI KI POU VINI BAY DETAY, NAP TANN LOT YO. Laughing Laughing

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwen swete leu CaRiMi retounen New York pou yo konsentre sou nouvo materyel....
piblik la fatige ak menm mizik yo, menm solo yo depi 2006...
li leu pou jazz la bay yon lot ti bagay...
mwen panse ke se pi gwo pwoblem jazz la...

Bass-La

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
PhizUniq wrote:

Thanks Fito.

I have to admit that was a true assessment no bravado, no radotay, and honesty.

I do have one gripe, mad respect for Nu Look music, but that album is old man and music is not new or fresh anymore. But I understood subtlety of that comment so map kite'l alone. Laughing

Moun Ayiti ko'n gou bouch wi, Ti Blada. Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: