Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - BIZNIS PRESS RELEASE!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

BIZNIS PRESS RELEASE!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: BIZNIS PRESS RELEASE! Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,

Greetings to all from the Biznis staff. First and foremost we would
like to extend our sincere condolences to everyone who lost someone
close to them in the tragedy that hit our beloved Haiti this past
January 12. Just as every other human being, we couldn’t believe what
was happening and what we were seeing on our television sets, such
devastation and loss of human life. We know that it’s going to take a
very long time to get some sense of normalcy in our country but we
need everyone to be as active as they possibly can in helping in the
rebirth of Haiti. Now more than ever we need to stick together do our
part no matter how small because every little bit helps, also as we
get further and further away from that tragic day and it’s no longer
the lead story on the evening news; we as Haitians need to continue to
remember that just because it’s not on TV or the newspapers any
longer, the suffering in Haiti is still going on.

Just like every other band in the HMI, we also took time away from
performing even rehearsing as some of our band mates suffered personal
loss and of course either way it was the right thing to do. But as we
all know life must go on, we owe it to the ones we lost to keep on
moving forward and representing them everywhere we may be in a
positive light. Biznis will be getting back in the biznis of playing
music and to be quite honest we need to because as I’m sure you all
know, music can be quite theraputique, so we have lined up a plan on
how we’ll be getting back in the swing of things.

Right before the earthquake hit like almost every other band we were
in the studio working on our carnival song in fact on that afternoon
that’s where we were and also we were working on two new tracks that
would’ve been released right after the carnival. So we’ve decided that
in the very near future we’ll be releasing the new tracks, an up-tempo
song witch will feature Roro our lead vocalist who replaced Prince
since his departure and a Kompa love song with Scooby on the vocals
who I think in some ways will be his introduction to the market since
he only sang one song on the record. As far as performance, we have a
fund raising at UCF that we’ll be part of on March 6th, we had to
reschedule a gig in Jacksonville Fl. Because of the unfortunate event
and we’ll be honoring that obligation as soon the promoter gets an
opening from the club owner there. We’ve been approached by an
American producer by the name of Sean Shannon to be part of a fund
raising effort in the form of a song that will be recorded at the
famous Big Shot studio, Mr. Shannon have worked with acts such as
Maley Hatchet, Pat Travers, Britney Spears, Nsinks etc. so look out
for that.

So basically we’re just saying that we’re here, hard at work and ready
to work as life somewhat get back to normal we want to also remind
each and everyone of you specially the powers that be in the HMI, the
big dawgs, the fans that Kompa needs your help in order to survive so
by giving new bands such as Biznis a fair chance, you are assuring the
infusion of new ideas, new talents and the knowledge that our music
will be in good hands when some of these top bands decide to pass the
baton. So we look forward to meet you, play for you and work with you
sometimes soon. May God bless you and keep you and yours safe.

Sincerely,
Biznis

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know, if it is one thing that any artist does not like is when one steals their ideas without giving credit. Let it be a painting, a song, a story or a press release.

I am someone who paints with my words and feel a sense of accomplishment when my viewers/readers/audience can get the sense of what was written. If I write about happy times, I expect excitement. If I write about sadness, I expect sympathy. If I write about disgust, I expect rage. Etc. etc. etc.

Biznis, if ever you need a press release, then please do feel free to reach out to me if you are that impressed with my work. Although I am quite flattered that your PR or manager found inspiration through my work, I am equally displeased that your staff practically stole my work and made a few changes to pass it off as theirs/yours in this press release. Again, you can either contact me if you need my services OR inform your staff to make it less obvious if they/you intend to steal.

Regards!

Vanessa Jean-Pierre
*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*
BEL JAZZ OFFICIAL FAREWELL STATEMENT
http://kompamagazine.com/kmboard/viewtopic.php?t=28975

Quote:
First and foremost, we extend our heartfelt condolences to everyone who lost someone in the earthquake that struck our beloved country, Haiti, on January 12th, 2010. This tragedy hit very close to home for the Bel Jazz camp not just as Haitians but with the deaths of immediate family members & friends, and the loss of homes. Our congas player, Jean “Dario“ Zile, lost his younger brother; guitarist, Jean Levelt Vital, lost his home; Mick Avin lost his father; and Youri Chevry lost his wife and 11-year-old daughter. Both Mick and Youri are from Konpa Factory, the company responsible for booking and promoting Bel Jazz in Haiti.

It has already been 1 month since this catastrophic event took place and although the conditions have slightly improved, they are far from okay. Grief counselors and psychologists are needed to help survivors deal with the stress and mixed emotions. We also encourage the public to continue to donate food, water, money, tents and medical supplies to Haiti for relief efforts. We are the ones who must now help our brothers and sisters in Haiti to ensure their daily survival.

A couple of weeks following these tragedies in Haiti, we learned that our lead vocalist & founder, Edersse “Pipo” Stanis, decided to quit the band. Many unsuccessful attempts were made to change his mind. Whether or not we should continue without him was the ultimate choice that had to be made. After much thought and soul searching, it is with deep sorrow that we in Bel Jazz formally announce to the public that we will not continue with the band. This was a very tough decision to make but inevitable in order for us to move on with our lives.

We would like to thank all of the fans for their support throughout the years. We are forever grateful for all of the touching fan mail, gifts, and delightful memories that you have created with us. Thank you also to all of the promoters, media, and investors who believed in us, giving their support from the very beginning to the end. Bel Jazz would have never made it so far without you all as you were the wind that helped to spread our music around the world. We know that we will cross paths again in the future and still hope to have your support as we pursue our personal goals.

God bless you all!
BEL JAZZ

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked Shocked

PRESS RELEASE GATE controversy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

DA REAL...KEEP IT "REAL"
Pale avek nou sou dossier sa Laughing Laughing Laughing

Are you saying it was a COPY/PASTE job?

KM!

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, that is exactly what I am saying and I must say that I do not appreciate that.

What I am reading in this Biznis press release is a mix of a couple of press releases that I wrote with the most obvious one being the Bel Jazz one. The first sentence is almost identical to the Bel Jazz statement. Idea Exclamation Arrow

The person who was hired to write this knew exactly what they were doing and could have made it less obvious if they were going to copy my work. Adding a substantial amount of irrelevant text to it in an attempt to camouflage the theft did not work. Idea

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ANMWEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SASSA kinbe BIZNIS.

Let's get in touch with the BIZNIS camp to see what they have to say on the matter.

LE PLUS JEUNE....OU GIN CONTACT DIRECT ak BIZNIS la....VINI PALE AVEK NOU!

KM!

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me **** Sassa fache, tet chage.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
BIZNIS PR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DaRealNessa wrote:
You know, if it is one thing that any artist does not like is when one steals their ideas without giving credit. Let it be a painting, a song, a story or a press release.

I am someone who paints with my words and feel a sense of accomplishment when my viewers/readers/audience can get the sense of what was written. If I write about happy times, I expect excitement. If I write about sadness, I expect sympathy. If I write about disgust, I expect rage. Etc. etc. etc.

Biznis, if ever you need a press release, then please do feel free to reach out to me if you are that impressed with my work. Although I am quite flattered that your PR or manager found inspiration through my work, I am equally displeased that your staff practically stole my work and made a few changes to pass it off as theirs/yours in this press release. Again, you can either contact me if you need my services OR inform your staff to make it less obvious if they/you intend to steal.

Regards!

Vanessa Jean-Pierre

Quote:
First and foremost, we extend our heartfelt condolences to everyone who lost someone in the earthquake that struck our beloved country, Haiti, on January 12th, 2010. This tragedy hit very close to home for the Bel Jazz camp not just as Haitians but with the deaths of immediate family members & friends, and the loss of homes. Our congas player, Jean “Dario“ Zile, lost his younger brother; guitarist, Jean Levelt Vital, lost his home; Mick Avin lost his father; and Youri Chevry lost his wife and 11-year-old daughter. Both Mick and Youri are from Konpa Factory, the company responsible for booking and promoting Bel Jazz in Haiti.

It has already been 1 month since this catastrophic event took place and although the conditions have slightly improved, they are far from okay. Grief counselors and psychologists are needed to help survivors deal with the stress and mixed emotions. We also encourage the public to continue to donate food, water, money, tents and medical supplies to Haiti for relief efforts. We are the ones who must now help our brothers and sisters in Haiti to ensure their daily survival.

A couple of weeks following these tragedies in Haiti, we learned that our lead vocalist & founder, Edersse “Pipo” Stanis, decided to quit the band. Many unsuccessful attempts were made to change his mind. Whether or not we should continue without him was the ultimate choice that had to be made. After much thought and soul searching, it is with deep sorrow that we in Bel Jazz formally announce to the public that we will not continue with the band. This was a very tough decision to make but inevitable in order for us to move on with our lives.

We would like to thank all of the fans for their support throughout the years. We are forever grateful for all of the touching fan mail, gifts, and delightful memories that you have created with us. Thank you also to all of the promoters, media, and investors who believed in us, giving their support from the very beginning to the end. Bel Jazz would have never made it so far without you all as you were the wind that helped to spread our music around the world. We know that we will cross paths again in the future and still hope to have your support as we pursue our personal goals.

God bless you all!
BEL JAZZ

Pablo JeanBaptiste
Biznis P.R & Business Relation
407-285-1886

To whom,

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify this controversy and perhaps a big misunderstanding of what copy and paste or copyright infringement really means.
We from the BIZNIS camp did not or by no mean copy and past such matter, we are smart individuals that think perhaps alike or our thought express the similarity. I understand the contrast of the words that being used to express the same feeling or emotions, that doest mean it was copy and paste.
The quote from Ms. Vanessa Jean-Pierre express the feeling of the tragedy of Haiti, and the sad new of the Band (BelJazz) being no longer.

The quote from the BIZNIS camp express the tragedy of Haiti and the Band BIZNIS continuing with their endeavors and the motive to keep playing great music. However we all can express with same emotion, and the value of the similarity.

On this matter, I believe half if not all of us can express the same way due to the tragedy that happens to our beloved country, and we all sad by this matter. It is a matter of expression not copy and paste nor copyright infringement.

For more information I can be reach at 407-285-1886, Pablo J.B
Thank you from the CAMP of the Band BIZNIS.

CAP - PORT MARGOT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BIZNIS PR wrote:
DaRealNessa wrote:

Regards!

Vanessa Jean-Pierre

Quote:

God bless you all!
BEL JAZZ

Pablo JeanBaptiste
Biznis P.R & Business Relation
407-285-1886

To whom,

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify this controversy and perhaps a big misunderstanding of what copy and paste or copyright infringement really means.
We from the BIZNIS camp did not or by no mean copy and past such matter, we are smart individuals that think perhaps alike or our thought express the similarity. I understand the contrast of the words that being used to express the same feeling or emotions, that doest mean it was copy and paste.
The quote from Ms. Vanessa Jean-Pierre express the feeling of the tragedy of Haiti, and the sad new of the Band (BelJazz) being no longer.

The quote from the BIZNIS camp express the tragedy of Haiti and the Band BIZNIS continuing with their endeavors and the motive to keep playing great music. However we all can express with same emotion, and the value of the similarity.

On this matter, I believe half if not all of us can express the same way due to the tragedy that happens to our beloved country, and we all sad by this matter. It is a matter of expression not copy and paste nor copyright infringement.

For more information I can be reach at 407-285-1886, Pablo J.B
Thank you from the CAMP of the Band BIZNIS.

You're making it WORSE than it already is. Making it uglier and more razz...

Why do you feel the need to reinforce the fact that you are "smart"? If you're gonna justify your actions about copying somebody else's work 'cause you didn't do your own, if it's text related materials (writting) , make sure you don't make basic grammatical errors in your statement WHEN you're trying to prove to peopel that you are "smart" and does not need to stoop that low... You're just adding nails to your coffin.

Another thing, STOP trying to use the tragedy as an out from this, this is what pisses me off the most about this. STOP saying stuff like " On this matter, I believe half if not all of us can express the same way due to the tragedy that happens to our beloved country, and we all sad by this matter." blah blah blah yaddi yaddi yadda...

You're losing the little credibility you have left, YOU'VE BEEN CAUGHT... It's OBVIOUS... You either think we're dumb or you DON'T get it.

This was NOT about you relating to the event THROUGH the same words (Which is admitting that you DID copy someone else's work). Talk about putting your foot in your mouth. Wait a minute, no need for me to go any further, ou mete 2 pye ou nan 1 grenn soulye deja. You just gave us a reason WHY you stole the work... That's called ADMISSION to the crime youre being accused of. We don't care WHY you did it. So she was right...

CAP - PORT MARGOT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you were tryign to relate to the situation through the SAME words, you could have quoted CNN, FOX and other medias etc.
The fact that the person you quote does P.R. work IN the SAME HMI... isn't just a coincidence.

I mean the work she DID publish, was released on the same platform which you are in... (HMI)...

C'mon, Le mal est deja fait... Kite'l Mache... Back away for a while, let the situation die... Kite'l Mache...

M' branche wi laaa

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Biznis PR, all I can tell you is that your credibility is what is ruined; not mine. I am a very forgiving person. If maintaining a good relationship with your public is priority, then you excusing yourself--publicly or privately--for what you did would have been a good start. We all make mistakes. It does not hurt to admit to one. The readers are not fools and Neg Port Margot's responses say it all.

I have no more to say on this matter because apparently it is not worth it since you choose to shamelessly deny it. Enjoy your new membership here on KM Board.

P.S. My offer still stands regarding my services. If you would like to know why your release did not earn at least 1 reply or a minimum of 500 clicks prior to my complaint, then my office is open for consultation. Idea Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: