Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - MAC D. "HARMONIK" VS MAC D. "KDANS".....
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MAC D. "HARMONIK" VS MAC D. "KDANS".....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: MAC D. "HARMONIK" VS MAC D. "KDANS"..... Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of people agree that the last studio cd by KDANS was a very good cd. It was also agreed by many fans that MAC D turned in an excellent performance on that cd as well.

MAC D "HARMONIK is more popular than MAC D "KDANS"; that is a given, but at the same time, we're not sure if we can guarantee that everybody would say that HARMONIK's debut cd is better than the last KDANS studio cd with MAC D. (Both have their fans)

Having said that, why do you think that MAC D. was NOT able to have the same impact that he has had with HARMONIK than he did with KDANS?

Why wasn't MAC D. able to "save" KDANS?
Had MAC D. remained with KDANS, and the group had released a second studio cd with MAC D, would that have saved the band, and would MAC's popularity have reached the level that it is now with Harmonik?

KM!

kafou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AH REPONS SA FASIL, MACD FE YON FKD NAN K-DANS, li pase li pa dure! et sonje ke li pat vraiment te gin anpil experience, he has some rust and certain areas to improve

li gin plis temps nan Harmonick pou li te vin pi rafine et experience K-dans lan ede'l, se sa'm pense!

that's not rocket Science!!!!

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While both cds were very good, I Personally like Mac-D better on the kdans cd than the one with Harmonik. Yes Harmonik got more exposure because of they manager and the fact that Nicky is the maestro, but if Mad-D had stayed with Kdans He probably would be right up there like he is with Harmonik. I don’t think it was a matter of not able to take kdans to the top, it just that the dude left Haiti for better opportunities.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Ekzaamp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat mwen renmen sujet sa a anpil wi mwen men'm nan.

Koze Mac D Harmonik VS Kdans la se tèt chaje. POU MWEN MEN'M kalite sa misye lage nan Kdans la te pi bon ke sa li fè nan Harmonik la. Konpa Kdans la te pi lou e pi byen chita nan zòrèy mwen. Men'm si mwen pap jan'm padone Kdans ak Mac D pou pil radote interview ke misye fè sou CD sa a ki se yon mank de respè pou moun. Se yon album Kdans ki gaspiye e si misye te manke rete pou yo itilize album sa a tap gen anpil mizik ki tap hit sou li. Misye fè yon ansyen mizik JJ te chante sou CD sa a mezanmi mwen pat panse misye tap lage yon bagay diferan.
Diferans ki gen nan 2 Mac D sa yo sè ke Kdans te deja gen yon jeu d'ensemble ke Harmonik pa genyen e ki pral anpil tan avan nèg yo kòmanse jwenn ni.
Harmonik gen pi bèl exposure ke management la ak kontak li yo ba li ke Kdans pat genyen. Donk anpil bèl ti moun rejwenn yo dèyè djazz la paske ti mesye yo e MacD klere.
Nan Kdans la se sèl moun kite gen chans mete men sou album nan ki te rive apresie bagay malè ki te fèt ladan.
Nou ka konprann ke MacD te manke experyans e pat apresye de bagay ki te rive ak nèg yo kote misye te di li pap jwe nan djazz ankò etc..
Men kòm misye di gen de mizik se li ki te ekri yo sou album nan mwen panse li tap fè Harmonik byen anpil si se te youn nan yo li te interprete o lie ke li tal interprete yon lòt djazz.
Antouka mwen pa jan'm bouke roule EASY FIT la mwen men'm nan.

yef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat,

The way I see is this:

Kdans was heading towards the djakout style and that's not MacD style (or Jude Jean's style).

In the last Kdans CD, songs like "Lamytie tro piti" and "After party" could have propelled Kdans back to the top, but the kdans crew decided to focus on the djakout uptempo type of songs more: Malatchong, for example.

-Fabrice Rouzier

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YEF

Did you somehow or purposely "MISS" the part about MAC D "HARMONIK"?
Again...what is the difference...and we'll also see if you will respond to the questions asked as well.

Thanks

KM!

tipoupouche

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Harmonik pi bon !!!!!

yef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
YEF

Did you somehow or purposely "MISS" the part about MAC D "HARMONIK"?
Again...what is the difference...and we'll also see if you will respond to the questions asked as well.

Thanks

KM!

Hi Pat,

I answered your question: Kdans was focusing too much on the hard core konpa style. If they had focused more on the slow songs i mentioned above, they could have been fine.

-Fabrice Rouzier

Lil'biggyted14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think that Mac D in K-Dans was way better than Mac D in Harmonick...

"Easy Fit" the last K-Dans CD was one of the best CDs that came out at that time (I wouldnt say the best one as they never had a chance to push it in the bal circuit)

In that CD, Mac D had a real challenge to deliver (after JJ departure) something good; and he did it 'hauts les mains' - JJ is unforgettable - but in that CD, Mac D made himself as Mac D and not JJ's replacement - He delivered very well in all the songs that he sung in that album and the voice fit K-Dans style too well as well as the 'Djakout style' songs that K-Dans was trying to adopt - there was a balance between the two and Mac D made it easier for K-Dans to play both (JJ himself didn't fit too well in the 'sote ponpe' style)

IDK if it were planned, Mac D in Harmonick CD, was way different - his voice had changed so drastically (I even remember #1 fan funky saying "sa voix a change" lol) - maybe they wanted, maybe he wanted to differentiate himself to whom he was in K Dans, but to me, it was too soon to do that -

Not to take anything away from Harmonick nor their first CD, I don't think Harmonick gave Mac D the full exposure that he had during his short term period in K Dans...

IDK either if K dans would have survived if only Mac D had stayed with them but Mac D himself would have been more of a leader lead singer in K Dans than he is now in harmonick

to summarize:
Mac D in K-dans 'easy fit ' did a great job while Mac D in Harmonick did a regular job
Mac D fit K-dans better than he fit harmonick

PS. this is just MHO

teddy

MusiQ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mac D in K-Dans had more to prove. He was new to the music scene and he had shoes to fill in, (Jude Jean). In Harmonik, he is not the only front man so he looks less stressful.

Since K-Dans’s popularity was declining; I am not sure if a second studio album would have saved the band and helped Mac D’s popularity. The only way that would have happened, if only they had the support Harmonik have from manager and crew.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: