Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - 3 NEW STREET LIFE TRACKS: PLEASE GIVE US YOUR REVIEWS!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

3 NEW STREET LIFE TRACKS: PLEASE GIVE US YOUR REVIEWS!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: 3 NEW STREET LIFE TRACKS: PLEASE GIVE US YOUR REVIEWS! Reply with quote Back to top

3 NEW "STREET LIFE" tracks are posted here for your listening pleasure.

KM MEMBERS have clearly spoken and stated that THEY DO NOT WANT THEM INCLUDED in "their" voting process; therefore we will respect that. Having said that, we will submit their entries to producer DANNY P for him to decide if he wants to go with any of those 3 artists posted here.....but THE MAIN THING WILL STILL BE THE "Other" thread where the 8 other tracks were posted yesterday.

PLEASE....Won't you give us your opinions on these 3 tracks listed here? THANK YOU very much Ladies and Gentlemen. We appreciate it.

1) JHANE JAE

SONG (Click on the link)
http://www.kmjukebox.com/streetlife/JHANEJAE.mp3

2) PATRYOT KLAN

SONG (Click on the link)
http://www.kmjukebox.com/streetlife/PATRYOTKLAN.mp3

3) CHILL STAR

SONG (Click on the link)
http://www.kmjukebox.com/streetlife/CHILLET.mp3

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jhan Jae is awesome for sure. Nice stuff!!! If she was in the original she gets my top vote.

The rest of the boys well they need work for sure.

b-ray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jhan jae anfom, ou jwenn agressivite la rue a nan voix l, mwen poko vote, men si li te gentan voye l, li tap make points.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me first admit my own inherent biases. First, I am partial to those who find a creative way to use the hook. Second, when it comes to rap, any hint of of an accent usually turns me off! Third, after reading what JM Perry wrote I thought he made sense in terms of people taking a different route to the "street life" anthem (think Tupac, Dear Mama).

Now,

Jhane Jae would have NO DOUBT been a contender had she submitted this early. This chick is mad talented. She had me at hello! Shocked Very Happy Just wish she had done a lil more than "I'm livin' that, I'm livin that ..til the day I die! I think that's where Jimy won me over the others, including Stichiz! But dam, Jhane Jae...that delivery. She reminds me of some old high school lady gangsta friends. Very convincing!

Patriot Klan- These cats are pretty good too, but that second verse in English killed me cause of that slight accent-sorry. But they came back strong. They probably shoulda done it all in Creole. Very Good job overall.

Chill Star- I liked the lyrics and somewhat different approach (kinda like I talked about at the top...But, Again with the accent. And delivery not very convincing at all!

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JhanJae... That SECOND VERSE is the truth... so true I had to rewind a couple of times...

"See me and smile shake my hand and at the same time.. ya'll cant look a sistah in the eye.. it hurts for my niggas I would've gave my life but I had to take a minute to step back and see the BULLSHIT.. Tell you the truth.. I wish it were different.. But we in the here and now it doesnt seem that relevant.. Somebody once told me when worst comes to worst.. m'f'n FAMILY comes first." (STRAIGHT UP)

"GREEDY NIGGAS ALWAYS DYING OF THIRST... "
(OKAY KAY)

BRAVOOOOOO... Im diggin' it Im diggin it.... Its RAW.. AMI material all day..

AH JhanJae poukisa ou tan pou bay ti Track sa.. Ou te na batay wi... DAMN... But GREAT work.. Me likes... Lyrically on point...
You had that in the bag for real... talkin about "Snatchiessss".. Ha.....

b-ray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
Let me first admit my own inherent biases. First, I am partial to those who find a creative way to use the hook. Second, when it comes to rap, any hint of of an accent usually turns me off! Third, after reading what JM Perry wrote I thought he made sense in terms of people taking a different route to the "street life" anthem (think Tupac, Dear Mama).

Now,

Jhane Jae would have NO DOUBT been a contender had she submitted this early. This chick is mad talented. She had me at hello! Shocked Very Happy Just wish she had done a lil more than "I'm livin' that, I'm livin that ..til the day I die! I think that's where Jimy won me over the others, including Stichiz! But dam, Jhane Jae...that delivery. She reminds me of some old high school lady gangsta friends. Very convincing!

Patriot Klan- These cats are pretty good too, but that second verse in English killed me cause of that slight accent-sorry. But they came back strong. They probably shoulda done it all in Creole. Very Good job overall.

Chill Star- I liked the lyrics and somewhat different approach (kinda like I talked about at the top...But, Again with the accent. And delivery not very convincing at all!

PATIZAN JVJ JHANE JAE IS THE BOMB MAN,SE DOMAJ KE LI PAT VOYE L AVANT MEN APRES SA BON BAGAY

choubenz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jhane Jae

shorty is str8ght fiyahhhhhh

PATCHOUKO---------please ba sa on dernier CHANCE

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Erotically Yours wrote:
JhanJae... That SECOND VERSE is the truth... so true I had to rewind a couple of times...

"See me and smile shake my hand and at the same time.. ya'll cant look a sistah in the eye.. it hurts for my niggas I would've gave my life but I had to take a minute to step back and see the BULLSHIT.. Tell you the truth.. I wish it were different.. But we in the here and now it doesnt seem that relevant.. Somebody once told me when worst comes to worst.. m'f'n FAMILY comes first." (STRAIGHT UP)

(OKAY KAY)

AH JhanJae poukisa ou tan pou bay ti Track sa.. Ou te na batay wi... DAMN... But GREAT work.. Me likes... Lyrically on point...

I ain't gonna lie EY, I've already listened to this joint 5/6 times. The ladies came CORRECT!!!

Bray-mamzel fe gro fot wi.

She actually reminds me of someone I've seen before. I'm gonna check around to see if it's her.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Same here.

choubenz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
Erotically Yours wrote:

(OKAY KAY)

I ain't gonna lie EY, I've already listened to this joint 5/6 times. The ladies came CORRECT!!!

JVJ------she came ready to battle

PATCHOUKO---------pa fe BEK mwen long please.....ba ti fanm sa on dernier chance

mwen gintan ap GOOGLE li Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: