KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NU LOOK'S PATRICIA ADE: MYSTERY BOOK UNCOVERED KM INTERVIEW!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: NU LOOK'S PATRICIA ADE: MYSTERY BOOK UNCOVERED KM INTERVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

A mystery or a mystery book is what can best describe PATRICIA ADE (NU LOOK's Public Relations Officer). People see her, but don't really know who she is and what she's about. Like the HMI detective that we are, we help in trying to uncover the mystery book that is PATRICIA in this Q&A session....KOMPA MAGAZINE STYLE! We hope you enjoy it like we did.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: For those of us in the HMI who are not too familiar with you, tell us who is PATRICIA? If you were a mystery book and we wanted to know more about you, what would we uncover about who PATRICIA is in terms of personality?

PATRICIA ADE: Similar to a mystery book, one will discover many positive qualities about my character. I am a public relations professional with over three years of experience. In my capacity as the Public Relations Officer for Nu Look, I:

- compose memos;

- am obligated to have leverage knowledge of the band’s business ventures;

- generate ideas that will positive impact the band’s image to the public;

- write communicable content that engages, informs and connects the
band to the fans;

- develop and maintain relationships with representatives of HMI media outlets

- assist with event planning, etc.

I am also creative, energetic, curious, friendly and optimistic. If I was a mystery book, I think I would definitely be a best seller.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Is the job of NU LOOK PR your first foray into the HMI in any capacity, or have you been involved before in some other ventures?

PATRICIA ADE: My initial venture was as marketing consultant for Hmipix with Karl Jean-Jeune and T-Guy Francois (Kamikaz). Then I was heavily involved in marketing events for Ambiance Creole, FKD, and Kaliko Productions.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: A lot of people would say YOU ARE CRAZY by getting involved with a group like NU LOOK who has a past of being involved in many controversial issues. In other words, people would have said to you
YOU WILL HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO IF YOU TAKE THE JOB. (Lol). Has it been easy, and how is it working so far?

PATRICIA ADE: Crazy, no. Goal oriented and determined, yes. My primary goal is to ensure that the past does not pose any threats to Nu Look’s future. Together with the band, we continue to work on maintaining a positive public image. There is a saying that states “God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest.” I am a firm believer
that if you put in hard work, the end result will be one that you are
sure to be proud of. Nu Look deserves nothing less than hard work and
commitment.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: How did the job come about?

PATRICIA ADE: Alexandre Ade from FKD Entertainment contacted me and made a great offer. Alexandre is familiar with my work ethic and thought I would be a great candidate for the job.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: How involved are you in the decision making process of the group in terms of what goes out there in the press releases? Do you just relay what ARLY or DOF tell you, or do you have a say in what is presented out there verbally to the public?

PATRICIA ADE: Due to my role as a Public Relations Officer, it is important that I am involved in the decision making process. Arly is not a dictator, but rather, a democrat. We discuss in detail the message that the band would like to communicate. I am responsible for articulating the
message in a clear and concise way.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What are the PROS and CONS to being a woman in this business based on your experience so far?

PATRICIA ADE:

Cons: This is a male dominated industry, thus as a woman, it is important
that I am respected and taken seriously. There is a horrible stigma on
women in the HMI, and it takes a lot of perseverance and consistency
in order to be accepted as serious.

Pros: There are unlimited perks to being in the HMI. From my experience, I have had the pleasure of meeting so many invaluable individuals that have contributed to my personal and professional growth. I also have the fortune of travelling with the band to places that I may not have otherwise had the opportunity to travel to.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you take your HMI "gig" or "career" seriously, or are you just helping out friends, or perhaps it's just a hobby that you don't
really think too much of. What's the deal?

PATRICIA ADE: In order to commit to a project, one cannot consider it a “gig” or “hobby”. I take my role as a team member and Public Relations Officer very seriously – a role which has long term effects on the band and
its brand. This is a very time consuming role, and one that cannot be
done halfheartedly.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Your favorite current HMI band NOT NAMED Nu Look. Why?

PATRICIA ADE: Carimi has been a favorite of mine since the days of “Bang Bang”. They have always been a very energetic and creative band, and their personalities are felt in every album.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: We know that you are cool with a lot of musicians, so we're going to ask you these questions.

*A) Best looking artist/musician on the market?
PATRICIA ADE: Dener Ceide.

*B) Smartest in terms of intellect? Why?
PATRICIA ADE: Carlo Vieux and Sanders Solon. These two gentlemen are very knowledgeable and worldly, their levels of expertise are
insurmountable.

*C) Musician that you respect THE MOST and why?
PATRICIA ADE: I respect all musicians. It takes a lot of determination to stay grounded in this Industry. But I got to give it to my boss, Arly
Lariviere. The man writes, composes, produces, sings, and plays a
number of instruments. He is very confident when it comes to music and
is very business savvy.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Your BEST and WORST HMI experience so far are.....?

PATRICIA ADE: The best experience that stands out in my mind is the Nu look tour Dec 2010 in Cap Haitien . The hospitality that was extended by the Capois was both heartfelt and moving. To see avid Nu Look fans sing to every word in each song was amazing.

My worst was during my first interview the interviewer misconstrued my
words. When the interview went to print the company that I worked for
was misrepresented.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: I figure I'd ask for the many people that would want to know. Is Patricia in a relationship, or is she single?

PATRICIA ADE: Patricia's love life and current status is....unimportant. People should be more interested in my role to support the band and how together, we can continue to keep our fans loyal and pleased.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you sometimes feel that either some musicians, or some people that come in contact with you might tend to look at you as some "piece of meat" or "Possible sexual conquest" because they might be attracted to you?

PATRICIAI believe that people will view and respect me based on the way I carry myself professionally. Based on that, no, I am not worried about looking like a piece of meat.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you think women in the industry known as the HMI tend to "hate" on each other; or is there a unified bond between you all, perhaps invisible, even if you might not be very good friends?

PATRICIA ADE: The HMI women are some of my top supporters. I have not experienced any negativity from the women that I have met, and have been fortunate enough to have developed some inspiring and nurturing relationships from some of the HMI women.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Would you prefer to be respected for your work and not be popular/liked, or would you prefer to be popular/liked but not really
well respected for your work? If you had to choose one out of the two options given above, which one would it be and why?

PATRICIA ADE: I want to be widely respected AND loved! There is no other option.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Any final words?

PATRICIA ADE: To all of the fans that have been patiently awaiting the next Nu Look album to drop, good things come to those who wait. “Confirmation" is complete and will be out shortly.

*Conducted by PATRICK DESVARIEUX for KOMPA MAGAZINE! (March 2011)

passionkompa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well done PAT. THANKS

interview bien structuré, bon kesyon
MADAME lan bien reponn'n kesyon yo

from this first one(interview) I think she is very smart

j'aime son sourire bon enfant Smile Smile Smile

Compaprincess1913

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pat for the interview. You truly captured the mystery book Patricia...lol..She's a great person. I wish her nothing but the best. Keep your head up in the game girl. Smile

Sanrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anpil belle question Pat et Ti Pitit la bien repond yo...

Pat, ou ka mande'l koman li fe belle konsa? Laughing

Ti Sourire sa fe'm anpil du bien, fok mwen fe yon passe nan Nulook Very Happy

Job well done Pat!

D K Bess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sanrick wrote:

Job well done Pat!

Wi papa...
Se sel kesyon sa ou wè Pat te bliye pozé....

Btw, VERY Good interview... Wink

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice interview! Thanks for sharing, KM Pat!

Patricia, you did a very good job with the answers. If you are passionate about PR, then don't limit yourself. Spread your wings as the sky is the limit. Continue to learn both through your experiences with Nu Look and with other professionals. Keep your head and keep up the good work.

Regards! Cool

zipgenel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sanrick wrote:

Job well done Pat!

rick...

ti pitit la di'w.. konsantre sou kalite li, pa konsantre sou beaute li Laughing Laughing

sanble ou pa li tout entèvyou an... Mr. Green

bel intèvyou... kesyon yo pa two imposante, epi malgre ke manmzel reponn yo pwofesyonelman, mwen panse gen dezoutwa kek ti kesyon, patricia di nou sa nou vle tande, men sa pa vle di pou otan ke c'est reyalite an sa.. HECK!! got no problem with it, cause stayin professional is guaranteed success!!

THX Pat & Pat... and good luck!!

zipgenel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DaRealNessa wrote:
Very nice interview! Thanks for sharing, KM Pat!

Patricia, you did a very good job with the answers. If you are passionate about PR, then don't limit yourself. Spread your wings as the sky is the limit. Continue to learn both through your experiences with Nu Look and with other professionals. Keep your head and keep up the good work.

Regards! Cool

Men sa'm t'ap di an Laughing Laughing Laughing

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ZIP

Ki repons ke ou suspek ke PATRICIA ba'w LALOZ ladan li an? (LOL)

KM!

princess fia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

job well done keep up the good work Pr officer
@km Zip te bezwen konnen si ti piti lan taken or not pou'l te ka pran chans li Laughing too bad for him yo pa reponn kesyon an parskeu se pa important Very Happy Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: