Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - DEMS HOLD ON TO THE SENATE, REPUBLICANS GET THE HOUSE!!!!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DEMS HOLD ON TO THE SENATE, REPUBLICANS GET THE HOUSE!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daphnee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: DEMS HOLD ON TO THE SENATE, REPUBLICANS GET THE HOUSE!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

So what does that mean for Obama?? Your thoughts....

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seby85

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is Obama's opportunity to stop the political gridlock we've seen over the past 2 years. Now that GOP is in control of the house, they'll partly be accountable for what gets done or not. Therefore, they won't have any other choice but to corporate. Most Americans are emotional voters, as a result, they don't really care about what goes on behind the political curtains. They expect whoever's in charge to fix their short term problems. Now that the GOP's at the center stage politically they're now responsible to say something other than "nay" if they want a shot a the presidency 2 years from now. 
I believe that this is a blessing in disguise for president Obama. If things get done he can credit his ability to work across the aisle. However, if the same gridlock continues his leadership ability will be questioned, but most of the blame will fall on the newly elected GOP.   

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's the economy, stupid
------ James Carville

If the economy picks up/unemployment declines, Obama wins reelection easily. If the economy remains stagnant, then he has a chance to lose; HOWEVER, the GOP will have to nominate the right candidate.

Why?

Last night's results revealed a trend that does not bode well for Sarah Palin's presidential aspirations. EVEN in a HUGE republican wave, the electorate DID NOT VOTE for the crazy tea party candidates: Sharon Angle, Christine O'Donnell, Ken Buck, and Joe Miller all lost (I know Murkowski is still technically a republican, but she hates Sarah and vice versa-DRAMA Laughing ). That's at least 3 SENATE SEATS that the GOP could have EASILY picked up if they'd only selected marginally competent nominees! With his anemic approval ratings, Harry Reid had NO BUSINESS winning his Nevada race, but Sharon Angle was too loonie for the voters! Mike Castle was a shoe-in to win in Delaware, but along came Christine-I am not a witch! I dare the GOP to nominate Palin in 2012! Very Happy

It was all but predictable that democrats would lose big, especially in the House. Let's face it, a lot of democrats rode the coattails of Obama in 08 and many of them are from conservative districts anyway. What REALLY hurts the dems is the governors' and STATE HOUSE races they lost (particularly in Pennsylvania and the midwest) because states will soon begin the process of redistricting-which will impact future House races for YEARS to come and because a lot of those states are presidential swing states.

We have to see what the GOP will do now that they're no longer able to sit on the sidelines and lob grenades at Obama. They own half the problem! If things don't improve, they're equally to blame. And if they overreach like Gingrich did against Clinton, expect another GOP backlash from the public.

Horrendous night for democrats, but it could have been WORSE! Shocked If I'm a democrat, I'm pretty relieved actually, all things considered... Mr. Green

daphnee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well one thing for sure...Obama has to stop playing Mr. nice guy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil and the Dems need to pick up the pace. The smear campaign by the Republicans and Tea Partiers has run the gamut and has apparently worked in some cases. The Dems fail to fight back when ish is thrown their way and they let the fear mongering take a stronghold on some imbeciles beliefs. But I kind of like how things played out..it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Everyone predicted a fell swoop and the Republicans would have the house and the senate but it didn't happen that way. I'm pretty sure Obama is going to say things like working across the aisle blah blah blah but he has to realize that they're not trying to work with him. It's been said over and over again that they would like to see him fail and anything to put a damper on his presidency they will. They will not allow for him to be perceived a s a good president because that ruins their chances of having a jab at the presidency in 2012. Thank good ness we didn't get loonies like Sharon Angle and O'donnel...gosh that would have been horrible. maybe they can get their own reality show Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dalida

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem for the Republicans to me are the tea party guys who've been elected. They won't be able to control them. Guys llike Rand Paul is a nut, who is going to be able to control him in the side.?

In Reality in think this election was a rejection for both . Republican and Democrate.

I'd like to know what Obama said in his speech today.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
What REALLY hurts the dems is the governors' and STATE HOUSE races they lost (particularly in Pennsylvania and the midwest) because states will soon begin the process of redistricting-which will impact future House races for YEARS to come and because a lot of those states are presidential swing states.

Yep!

I know this is a tangent, but...

I for one don't think elected officials should be involved in the process of redistricting. OF Course they will do it to benefit them! who would not!

owen1055

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It means no one can sit on the sideline and keep criticizing everything. Both parties will have to hard to get the country out of the mess that we are in. Another that I thought was fascinating yesterday, the Hispanic voters came to vote in states like CA, Nevada, Florida and NY. They will will be the largest minority group in the next twenty years, and I don't think either can afford to ignore them.

Casanova21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This was a great day. Obama now should get a realty check !!!! hopefully he will listen. Everyone love Clinton when he was president guess who had the majority than. Maybe this will work for obama.

tipoupouche

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wish the republicans won the house as well !!! This is going to be gridlock until Obama is out on 2012....

Rj production

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tipoupouche wrote:
I wish the republicans won the house as well !!! This is going to be gridlock until Obama is out on 2012....

wishful thinking my fwiend

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: