KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

**13 CELEBRITY JUDGES GIVE NEXT HMI STAR PICKS IN ROUND 2!**
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> NEXT HMI STAR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: **13 CELEBRITY JUDGES GIVE NEXT HMI STAR PICKS IN ROUND 2!** Reply with quote Back to top

FABRICE ROUZIER of MIZIK MIZIK, Tabou Combo fame needs NO introduction to the HMI. It was only natural that we pick him as one of our judges for the NEXT HMI STAR contest.

Below are HIS PICKS........BRACE YOURSELVES!

FABRICE ROUZIER's picks are

1)*SARAH JANE RAMEAU (20 Points)
2)*WILL DREY & MYLAH (15 Points)
3)*ANGELO (10 Points)

STAY TUNED FOR THE OTHER 12 JUDGES!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amnwey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The COMMENTS are so ON POINT, BLUNT and FUNNY in some cases.

Great insight.

We shared some views on some tracks.

Case in point that DJ instrumental.

Fabrice, thanks for you time and effort!

vava

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THIS IS GETTING SERIOUS!!!

THANKS FABRICE, WELL DONE

COMMENT ABOUT BOKANTO SOUNDS LIKE JUDE JEAN IN THE BATHROOM IS TOO FUNNY Laughing Laughing

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AMAZING!! AMAZING!! AMAZING!! Fabrice and I shared almost the EXACT sentiments and criticism for a lot of the artists. A lot of the thoughts and words are identical to what I wrote in my analysis. Wow! Surprised Laughing Although the picks ended up not matching, I am still amazed at how much we agreed here.

I am even more anxious to see the remaining celebrity picks. Oh yeah!! Laughing

Ayani

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merci beaucoup El Maestro Fabrice Very Happy

I hope the artists and groups take Fabrice comments into considerations, I think its a great opportunity for them to have a producer of such caliber give his input ... Very Happy

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fabrice Rouzier, always on point!
Fabrice sa, se lot nivo
bon bagay, maestro

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: RICHIE PICKS HIS NEXT HMI STAR PICKS! Reply with quote Back to top

As the musical leader of Zenglen, there really is no introduction needed for the Superstar maker.

*RICHIE: "Yo Patchuco ti Blada! Congrats man! Wonderful idea brother! Finally those guys stand a chance at being discovered. But we have to be able to identify the real talents the right way because nowadays, anybody can sound good with the new technology (pro tools, auto tune, melodyne etc...). I want to suggest a few things for next time if i'm alllowed to."

(PS: RICHIE's suggestions were taken off by me...Some will be applied in NEXT HMI STAR 2)

RICHIE: "I listened to all the tracks and my problem with most of them is the use of the auto tune and other effects that affect my judgement on the vocals. Fellas it's "Next Hmi Stars" not "Next Hmi Songs". The band has to showcase everyone and the solo artists (singers) have to really step up and impress us (the judges and the audience) with their vocals. My choices are based on voice quality, the music is a
frame and the picture is what the voice brings to it, how fresh? How punchy? And then the skills. With that said, let's get down to it.

*My first pick is Ti Moun A Zion. Nice punchy, present and fresh voice (gotta hear them live though). Although the music is not really a finish product but i see potential because the idea is fresh with the reggae/kompa fusion. Fabrice R. did something like that but it was a reggae/rara thing (Kale Dadaw- Kriz) i'm sure you guys know what i'm talking about.

*My 2nd choice is Sarah Jane Rameau. Nice flow, nice direction and nice voice, she just needs more punch and the beat is good but could be haitianize a little bit (my personal feeling)

*My 3rd choice is Paola. She needs coaching for skills and a good producer for good songs but she has to me the most important thing... A beautiful voice.

So many nice songs and lyrics! I wish you could put a writers/composers category next time so these guys could also be discovered.

I like Fabrice Fombrun's song. Music and lyrics are on point but there's no climax. The songs ends in the same octave in which it begun and that is somewhat Boring. Same thing apply for Valery Precilien Since the albums has not been released, y'all can still fix that little part and that is if you care about what i think.

I also like Metod's song: BEAUTIFUL!!!! but I also expect more from a band.

I miss some hardcore kompa vocals. Only Package came! The song don't do you justice but don't stop brother. Next time pito'ou entèprete men dechire spikè-a ak vokal. Tyroro's lyrics are nice too. Whoever did the programming for Rosemay's track did a very good job.

As a judge, i was only allowed to choose 3 but all of you have something to offer and my advice is... Don't stop!!!!! Ou jwenn nouvel la?

RICHIE's picks:

1) TI MOUN A ZION (20 Points)

2) SARAH JANE RAMEAU (15 Points)

3) PAOLA (10 Points)

MORE CELEBRITY JUDGES coming up

Last edited by kompamagazine on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bon jij yo ap bay note wi la
bon bagay richie, ou lot gwo zotobre nan zafe konpa direk la

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i knew sarah jane would be in the top 3, she would be a shoo in, if her song was longer

maestro fabrice depoze.....cant wait for the next 11 judges
i have a feeling superstar maker ya is one of them
Very Happy
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
i knew sarah jane would be in the top 3, she would be a shoo in, if her song was longer

maestro fabrice depoze.....cant wait for the next 11 judges
i have a feeling superstar maker ya is one of them
Very Happy

ou aveg frem
ou pa we sipesta maker la gentan depoze fre Cool Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> NEXT HMI STAR All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: