KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

**13 CELEBRITY JUDGES GIVE NEXT HMI STAR PICKS IN ROUND 2!**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> NEXT HMI STAR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gentleman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wowwwww
gen de analyz ki fet la, w we ke se moun ki konnen vre kap pale
Fabrice-Richie-Richard-Gerald....nou louvri ampil zye, mesi.

Pat, chapo ba anko pou yon si bel initiativ
se kounya ak analyz sa yo, bagay la vinn pi bel

ZENGLEN PI RED

Tipe-a

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bagay yo serie wi la,Fabrice,Richie,Gerald mwen renmen chwa nou yo epi analyse yo tou,good job PAT,bonbagay kap fet la.
Car Dieu a tant aimé NULOOK qu'il a donné son Fils ARLY, afin que quiconque croit en lui ne périsse point, mais qu'il ait la vie éternelle. Jean3:16

Gazzman Pleura. Jean11:35

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

as a judge mwen panse ti michel pa fe devwal, he could have been more helpful by bringing more constructive criticism, leu wap gade jan lot neg yo (fabrice, richie, richard...)ap bay review pa yo sou atis yo se bagay profesyonel net, li jis chwazi 3 moun epi li bat deyel Shocked Rolling Eyes
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: SHEDLEY ABRAHAM'S PICKS FOR NEXT HMI STAR...... Reply with quote Back to top

SHEDLEY ABRAHAM needs no introduction to you. He is a well respected figure in the business as a drummer/studio producer. His JAZZ LA series has left a mark in the HMI.

SHEDLEY ABRAHAM's picks are below.....

*SARAH JANE RAMEAU: "This young lady has a lot of potential. She has a nice voice/sings well. I think she needs to give a little attention to some Haitian stuff as well, if she decides to go on in the business. LI BIEN DELIVRE."

*K-MISTRY: "They bring this new flavor which happens to be commercial at the same time. They need to chill out on the auto tune a bit and put more focus on their singer's voice."

*MICHELLE THELAMOUR: "This Gospel track jumped into this with a modern sound and scored well with me."

SHEDLEY's picks are

1) SARAH JANE RAMEAU (20 Points)
2) K-MISTRY (15 Points)
3) MICHELLE THELAMOUR (10 Points)

6 MORE HMI JUDGES TO COME!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: TI WILL PICKS HIS NEXT HMI STAR! Reply with quote Back to top

My name is Will Antoine A.K.A. Ti Will, I earned a business degree, Im a trained musician/guitar player, music producer. I produced the following tracks: "Mr DJ" and "Li pa dako" on Tantan's latest album, "Diaspora pa wa" of NuFaze, "Pour nous deux"/Tempo just to name a few. Im currently working on my first solo project due to be out soon titled "INSPIRATIONS" featuring several well known artists such as Gracia Delva, Jude Jean, Gazman Couleur, Tantan, Kenny Desmangles, Mc D, Armstrong Jeune, Dabenz, James Cardozo etc...

I'm the grandson of Luc Antoine, former Magistrate judge in Jacmel, band maestro, music/solfege professor. Son of Dr Philippe Antoine, former choir maestro, classical guitarist, writer... Author of 2 books, phd in Theology, Pastor, master in psychology.

*TI WILL'S picks are

It was quite a challenge picking only 3 out of so many talents! But I was able to narrow my picks to the following 3.

1) #28 Sarah Jane Rameau

Based on my observations I see in Sarah a potential singer/vocalist even though I consider her piece as a "cavatina"... Why so short Sarah????Sarah makes great use of her pitch meaning duration, loudness, timbre and sound source location. Sarah has control of her "Inhale/exhale" andfalsetto techniques. I also see that Sarah is more comfortable in lower ranges! She does not use her upper range (meaning the range between lower and falsetto) that much for me to see how comfortable she is in this particular area. Some singers escape that range on purpose because it's not easy to manage. But with practice and good coaching she will do great. Sarah has the look and talent to be a **star**! I hope her attitude is as good as her look as it is imperative in this business.

2) #18 Melodi

Listening to Melodi's track I feel big potential there. Progressions in first part of the song are quite different than the second part, meaning lot of chords, jazzylike, chorus on point! whereas the second part is more commercial/lari. The first part sounds atonal at first, but the melody flows so well while chords are passing, it can amaze listeners. The second "lari"/commercial part is much easier to follow. At times I feel the singers are trying a little too hard reaching some notes! One scale lower would definitely make life easier for them. The first singer is more "live" material as opposed to the second one. I also think the digital guitar/keytar at the end doesnt help the song at all!!! A real guitar would sound more interesting. But overall good stuff.

3) #13 Gues?

Gues? shows maturity in the vocal department. The chorus is well harmonized, song very well arranged. For some reason, Im not too thrilled about the lyrics, but delivery is on point. Melody is very up to date, a little r&b-ish, lead singer is tuned! But it's always recommended to stay away from too many choruses in one song. Simplifying things for the listeners is always a plus. More experience, guidance, and better productions will lead gues? to success. I feel this singer can go "A Capella" at any given time.

The following artists are very talented as well:

*****ANGELO***** Based on the rules and regulations of the competition, I couldn't vote for Angelo because he is one of the new talents Im working with... But I strongly think that he has a lot of potential to be one of our very good artists in the hmi. Watch out for this artist!!!

((((DE-OD)))) Very talented, different, good vocals, but must better articulate the words.

{{{{BOKANTO}}}} Good singer, reminds me of Aaron Neville for some reason.

###PACKAGE###
Package has a great voice, very comfortable in the particular range used in this track, and looks charismatic. I commend Package for being able to reach upper range at times with no difficulties. The introduction of the song is a no no in my book! I see in package a talented singer with potential to make it big in the business with the right entourage/back up/coaching.

\\\\\FABRICE FOMBRUM\\\\ Very different in all aspects... Vocals, arrangement, and lyrics. More similar productions will mature up the artist.

^^^^TI MOUN A ZION "Ton Regne"^^^^ One of my favorites. I like the mixture of styles used in this track!!! It would be a big plus if they can deliver live just as well.

TI WILL'S PICKS

1) SARAH JANE RAMEAU (20 Points)
2) MELODI (15 Points)
3) GUES (10 Points)

5 MORE HMI JUDGES TO GO

XXplosive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The celebrities really came through on this one. I'm loving their responses. Leu ou finn li neg yo epi ou al retande chwa ou te fe yo, you can see what they are talking about.
Mwen renmen sakapfet lan, bon bagay net...

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bagay yo myel wi la.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: KENNY DESMANGLES' PICKS FOR NEXT HMI STAR........ Reply with quote Back to top

KENNY DESMANGLES is what you can call a lifer in the business. His stints with the groups Siwel, NY All Stars, 509, and now Zenglen have earned him the respect of many of his peers. He is also known as a studio rat, always in the studio working for either him or other artists. It is our pleasure to have Kenny on the panel.

KENNY DESMANGLES' PICKS are below

Greetings pat, How we doing?

First of all, i wanna thank you for choosing me as one of the judges for NEXT HMI STAR. It was an honor for me to be part of such of big competition, as you already know i have the upmost respect for you and the Km family. You've asked me to give you my top 3, but with your permission i'm gonna go a little bit further by providing you with my top 5 of the 36.

Now, i gotta tell you, it wasn't an easy task at all! All 36 tracks were great they are all winners in my book, but we all know the game, someone must win the competition. What i did was, first i picked 15 tracks out of the 36, then i chose the top 10, then i picked the best 5.

So here are my top 5.

#1. MELODI "Sa fe mal" I think those guys did a great job on that track, i like the vocals, the melody, and the arrangements. The text could have been a little better, but i still like it. they also sound very young, which i think is a plus.

#2.TIGGER ONE" Lespri Nou " this track is hot, i like it from the very first time i listenned to it. The message about haiti is on point, they talk about DESSALINE, CHRISTOPHE, really liked it. the rapper's voice is strong, it fits well with the track. i know some people might not think that i'm into rap kreyol, but i am.

#3. TI MOUN A ZION "Ton regne " At first i didnt feel that track, but as i kept on listenning to it, it kind of grew on me. The message is about GOD, it was well delivered. I like the singers voice, and the track is like a kompa/zouk love with a RnB twist. I like when an artist is not afraid to try a little something different.

#4. GUES " Leve Wale " Now pat, we talked about that track! I like this guy's voice a lot, he reminds me a lot of STANLEY TOUSSAINT " TANTAN". This track could have easily be in my top 3. The vocal is on point, the lyrics are tight but i think the track is missing some key instruments which would have made it a little bit stronger. but it is still a great track that i like a lot, i see myself producing something like that.

#5. ANDY SEXY This KONPA track is very solid. I like the vocal, the groove, evrything's tight. that track also could have been on my top 3, but there are so many other great tracks, it wasnt easy.

*BoNUS TRACK # 6. Paola " MWen Inme'w " I listen to all 4 tracks From MICHELLE, SARAH JANE, ROSE MARY, AND PAOLA, i liked them all. Out of the 4 tracks, i picked paola's track, cause i kind of like her voice, and it's a nice zouk track that you can dance to. Please ladies no jealousy please! you all did a great job, just keep up the good work....

So Pat, I hope ou Jwenn nouvel la! This was not easy at all, like i said, they are all winners. There are some really good tracks on there, i hope they continue to work on their craft. and you never know, maybe a KENNYWAY COLABO With GUES or PAOLA in the near future! lol lol! Well, Good luck to all of them, Wish them a happy new year, MAy their dreams come true in 2011. SAKE AY! MAKARON!!!!!!!!

KENNY DESMANGLES' PICKS are

1) MELODI (20 Points)
2) TIGGER ONE (15 Points)
3) TI MOUN A ZION (10 Points)

MORE HMI CELEBRITY JUDGES coming up! (4 More)

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: ROBERTO MARTINO PICKS HIS NEXT HMI STAR! Reply with quote Back to top

His face and the name associated with him T-VICE is HIS passport to HMI respect. Discipline, Hit songs, longevity, and his name is stamped as co-writer/composer of many of T-Vice's hits and carnival hits...enough said. Roberto Martino on the NEXT HMI STAR.

ROBERTO MARTINO's picks are.....

First, let me Congratulate all the participants...There is a lot of talent in this competition and it was hard to narrow it down to only 5 choices...
My Top five is as follow...

1- Fabrice Fombrun "Jou ma merite'l".. To me his song and lyrics are the most original out of the bunch. It's the song that caught my attention the most as being original and Commercial at the same time...His singing is on point as well.

2-Melodi "Sa fe'm mal"... I like the route they took at the beginning of the song, very different chords from the norm but still sounds nice and original... I like the beat and the way the singer sells the song.

3-Ti moun a Zion "Ton Regne"....I love the way he mixes the Reggae and Kompa Beat...I love the message and the way it's being delivered. The singer flows really well, i see this track doing well in the Antilles Market!

4-Rosemay "You're My Baby"....Her song has a RISKE mixed with some old Micky feel to it which caught my attention...It's not easy to find a female voice that sounds as good on a fast kompa track. The song has a some good grooves and she delivered pretty well on the vocals.. The mixing could have been better, her voice is a little bit too loud at times, but overall i'm feeling this song!

5-CED "I Want your body"...I like the song and the way he sings it, kinda remind me of KDANS or Carimi's Beginning. I would replay the drums, the drummer annoys the hell out of me because most of the time he is off beat...The "Pa bezwen Konnen" chorus is nice but I would find a More catchy slogan and Chorus to put after the bridge as well and less Cherie throughout the song..I like the guitar grooves, nice song.

ROBERTO's Picks

1) FABRICE FOMBRUN (20 Points)
2) MELODI (15 Points)
3) TI MOUN A ZION (10 Points)

***3 MORE HMI JUDGES TO COME***

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: ALAN CAVE PICKS HIS NEXT HMI STAR! Reply with quote Back to top

ALAN CAVE is one of the most respected artists of our generation for his talent. A proven hit maker with a knack to get heads rolling with his lyrics and singing voice.

ALAN CAVE's picks for NEXT HMI STAR are....

My 3 choices are:

1) FABRICE FOMBRUN: Very different, nice arrangements, great lyrics. It is probably NOT the most commercial, but I like the fact that he tried something else.

2) GUES: Great singer. He reminds me of a singer friend of mine's. Yo promet anpil. Stafford is a great producer. The song has a beautiful melody. The arrangements are very good, the only thing is I felt that the solo was too long. It also had no "real" hook.

3) ROSEMAY: Great mixture of Georgy and Shirley Desgrottes. The beat is crazy. JBeatz...Best beat maker Nan Moman'an. The song reminds me so much of Zin.

Other Notables

*PERRY PIERRE : He has a song that puts me in a good mood when I hear it. He reminds me of SIDON JOSEPH a little bit. He has great potential. The song has the most commercial chorus in "GRATIS". DI MUSYEU FE'M KADO MIZIK SA NON. (Lol). PRODUCTION NEEDS IMPROVEMENT!

*J LEGACY: Wow brother. Bon chanteur. The lyrics to this song are a sign of the times, very appropriate right now. With a good producer, he should be on the right path.

*BOKENTO: Good voice, a bit sharp at times...but he should be fine.

*TI MOUN A ZION: I like this one very much. Bel Reggae, Bel Production...Bon Chanteur.

ALAN CAVE's picks are

1) FABRICE FOMBRUM (20 Points)
2) GUES (15 Points)
3) ROSEMAY (10 Points)

....MORE HMI JUDGES...2 More coming up

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> NEXT HMI STAR All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: