KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2010 CD OF THE YEAR KM AWARD WINNER IS......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: 2010 CD OF THE YEAR KM AWARD WINNER IS...... Reply with quote Back to top

*2010 Winner: CARIMI "Buzz"
*2009 Winner: SHABBA "Pi Piti Pi Red"
*2008 Winner: NU LOOK "Abor"
*2007 Winner: T-VICE "Kite'm Viv"

*PART 1 is a short resume from us about what went down

*PART 2 shows you the number of votes + WHO voted for them on the 50 Member panel.

*PART 3 are some of the QUOTES from members of our panel FOR THAT CATEGORY.

The award goes to CARIMI "BUZZ"

ANALYSIS:
*CARIMI grabs the honors for 2010 CD OF THE YEAR with their "BUZZ" release.

*VOTE BREAKDOWN

1) CARIMI (32 Votes)
Alan Cave, Katalog, Tropidisc Ti Michel, Ralph Delly, Ti Lunet, Reshka, Sanders, Nandy Georges, PapitoSONICE, Staffpoze, Fabrice Rouzier, Rodney Noel, Princess Sassa, Vlad Kreyol La, A2Z, Flav, Ti Regi Djakout, Nickenson, Brendtner Dlux, Roberto Martino, Arly Lariviere, Nivens, Fanfan Epav, Black EZ, Papa Jube, Moise Tempo, Dabenz, Alix Nozile Nu Look, Jaz Enterprise, Junior Moschino, Sexybeef.

2) RICHIE (10 Votes)
Pipo, Richard Cave, Ti Joe Zenny, Frero, Jean Max Valcourt, Mass Doudou, AD Mizik, Mingolove, MickyRafrechi, MikeDLUX.

3) FASIL & MAGNUM Tied (3 Votes)

*Fasil votes: Jude Severe, Fito Farinen, Lavaud
*Magnum votes: Herve Bastien, Richie, Kenny Desmangles.

5) T-VICE (1 Vote)
Jethro Bizou

6) DISIP (0 Votes)

*****1 Person "could" not vote*****

*FABRICE ROUZIER: "Carimi "Buzz" hands down. Gets the most airplay and is the most popular cd."

*FITO FARINEN: "Reginald cange/fasil... I think this is the best cd other then buzz... it put reginald back on the map."

*RICHIE: "Magnum Band. There is always something for a musician to learn on a project like that one."

*NICKENSON: "Carimi "Buzz"..mwen panse ke Buzz la fe rout li byen et poster album sa avek tout neg yo se te sa net. its my opinion."

*ROBERTO MARTINO: ""Buzz" Had the most impact out of all of the above. I think though that Vin'n Investi is right up there as well, Buzz is more than a year old compared to Vin'n Investi's 5 months."

*ALAN CAVE: "Carimi....they came bk strong with fresh sound."

*KENNY DESMANGLES: "Magnum Band i think that album was solid. magnum band still remains one of my favorites of all time."

*SANDERS: "CARIMI THERE'S NO DOUBT."

*MOISE (Tempo): "My vote goes Carimi "Buzz". I really enjoyed listening to all the albums nominated in this category. They are all great in their own right. T-Vice’s “Vinn Investi” is a very close second in my book but Carimi’s Buzz is the truth. From the intro to Zandolit, there’s never a dull moment while listening to this album."

*FLAV (Gabel): "Cd of the year has to go to Carimi "Buzz" due to the doors and how high (lol) li fe mesye yo reach on the international market. Music wise...so many to choose from. Overall GREAT CD."

*STAFF POZE: "Carimi "Buzz". This cd lost the momentum in terms of promotion after it came out due to the earthquake, but still managed to have 2 of the most played songs in Haiti...Cheri fem kado and fanm sa move..."

*PRINCESS SASSA "Carimi "Buzz". Tough choice between Richie and CaRiMi there. There is no denying that Richie had a musical masterpiece. CaRiMi gets the edge here, however, because not only did they challenge themselves musically, but their CD had a greater impact internationally as it appealed and catered to a variety of markets with many hit/popular songs. Buzz, Fanm Sa Move, Fem Kadow, Carry Me, Mwen Dezole, are killer tracks in the live circuit and for DJs. The CD has earned them many great gigs with large audiences, too."

*MICKEY RAFRECHI "My vote goes to Richie. This album was an amazing combination of new & old style Kompa music. Great arrangement, and compositions make this the best album of the year..”!"

*RESHKA (Fos Baron): "For this category the winner in my book is CARIMI. Their CD was well received by the public and they did a great job once again with marketing it the right way."

*NANDY GEORGES: "My vote goes to "Buzz"....Very beautiful album, every song tells a specific story related with an actual life fact, "Mwen Pare" is my favorite, then "Officiel", "Fanm sa Move" and "Confession"....even a year later the album can still rock a living room party/get together....very commercial album!."

*PANEL MEMBERS FOR 2010 KOMPA MAGAZINE MUSIC AWARDS WERE:

1) ARLY LARIVIERE (Nu Look)
2) RICHIE (Zenglen)
3) ALAN CAVE (Zin)
4) ROBERTO MARTINO (T-Vice)
5) FABRICE ROUZIER (Mizik Mizik)

6) TI JOE ZENNY (Kreyol La)
7) KATALOG (Gabel)
HERVE BASTIEN (Zenglen Management/HMI Promoter/Miami Radio)
9) DJ MINGOLOVE (Miami Radio)
10) TROPIDISC TI MICHEL (HMI Executive Producer)

11) RICHARD CAVE (Carimi)
12) NICKENSON PRUDHOMME (Harmonik)
13) JUDE SEVERE (Zenglen Keyboardist)
14) RALPH DELLY (HMI Journalist/Showbiz FM)
15) MORYL GATTEREAU (Tele Caraibes)

16) PAPA JUBE (SOBS/SAK PASSE RECORDS)
17) KENNY DESMANGLES (Zenglen)
1 RODNEY NOEL (Compasfest/Harmonik Manager/Promoter)
19) MICKEY (Rafrechi Keyboardist)
20) PRINCESS SASSA (JP Relations/HMI Journalist)

21) TI REGI (Djakout #1)
22) RORO IRENE (Nu Look Gongist)
23) STAFF POZE (HMI Journalist/Historian)
24) TI LUNET (5 Etwal Maestro)
25) MIKE LAINE (D-LUX Chicago Vocalist)

26) PIPO (Nu Look vocalist)
27) AD MIZIK (Paris HMI Promoter Big Dog)
2 FLAV (Gabel Vocalist)
29) PAPITO MOMPLAISIR (SO NICE band leader)
30) JETHRO (Bisou Miami Vocalist)

31) JAZ ENTERPRISE EVENS (Top HMI Promoter/La Nuit Des Jeunes)
32) BLACK EZ (Oxygen)
33) FITO FARINEN (Carimi Manager)
34) FANFAN EPAV (Beldjaz)
35) NANDY GEORGES (HMI Media/Konparezon)

36) SANDERS (Harmonik Guitarist)
37) SEXY BEEF (Disip Bass/Studio producer)
3 REHKA (HMI Promoter/FOS BARON FESTIVAL in New York)
39) FRERO JEAN BAPTISTE (Tag Mizik)
40) BRETNER (D-LUX Chicago Musician)

41) A2Z (Popular Miami radio Host/HMI Promoter)
42) ALIX NOZILE (Nu Look Congas Player)
43) VLAD KREYOL LA (Kreyol La Drummer)
44) NIVENS (Young Quality Ent. N.Y party Promoter)
45) MOISE (Tempo Maestro/Keyboardist)

46) JEAN MAX VALCOURT (DOLA Mizik maestro/Keyboardist)
47) JUNIOR MOSCHINO (Prominent HMI Montreal Promoter)
4 MASS DOUDOU (Hangout Vocalist)
49) DABENZ (Oxygen vocalist/Former Zenglen vocalist)
50) LAVAUD (TVICE/HMI Sound Engineer)

PS: They were NOT allowed to vote for themselves or their bands. ONLY when 2 MEMBERS OF THEIR BANDS WERE NOMINATED in the same category were members given the option to vote for ONE pick.

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Neg2byen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pa gen manti nan sa. Carimi pap genyen selman nan category yo pat ka patisipe apre sa yo sipoze genyen tout lot yo... 2010 was the year of Carimi!!! Once again, Congratulations to Carimi!!!!!!!!

Timafi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Carimi!!! well deserved. Keep it up guys.
Wow, wow Shocked Shocked I am shocked that T vice only gets 1 vote.

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

se yon bagay CaRiMi/DiSip
kompliman again anko CaRiMi, bel album tout bon

ZENGLEN PI RED

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

Unborn_Child

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Felicitations .2010 was for Carimi .It s a New York thing loll.Best City and Best band.loll

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ernst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: 2010 CD OF THE YEAR KM AWARD WINNER IS...... Reply with quote Back to top

That's a no brainer. I no we had that debate on the board before. In my opinion, Buzz is Carimi's best album. Congrats

Sanrick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pas gen manti nan album CARIMI a.

Hard Work pays off, Congrats again CARIMI!

M'renmen Berto net, chak comment li fe, li tou pale de cd pa'l la Laughing Laughing Laughing

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon carimi an gen buzz vre wi Cool Smile
carimi preske gen LOOK wi, but li pa fin rive net Smile Very Happy
Bravo ti messieurs, chapo ba

XXplosive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ala yon Roberto papa...Misyeu funny wi Laughing

Congrats Carimi... after their worst album Are u Ready, neg ap enjoy travay du yo ak album sa. Bon bagay net, mwen kontan pou neg yo.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: