Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - SANDERS' HARMONIK HMI WAKE UP CALL: U AGREE OR DISAGREE?
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

SANDERS' HARMONIK HMI WAKE UP CALL: U AGREE OR DISAGREE?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: SANDERS' HARMONIK HMI WAKE UP CALL: U AGREE OR DISAGREE? Reply with quote Back to top

Check out this bold message that HARMONIK guitarist SANDERS dropped on the information super highway. In terms of the HAITIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY...Do u agree or disagree?

SANDERS: "Nobody wants to pass the baton. They all want to be the best but don't want to create legacies! Endorse the up and coming and train them to be just like u. That's how u create a legacy!"

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's how you create a legacy?

I don't agree.

You create your legacy by your achievements, your accomplishments, your successes, the standards you set and the references you create, and your contributions to history and culture.

yayad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree...

Legacy is something handed down from an ancestor or a predecessor!!! In that case Sanders makes a lot of sense.

Mwen te gen yon conversation yeswa a yon moun sou bagay sa! The AMI is constantly rotating with new artists, and keep things moving. Would it make sense to still see Snoop, wu-tang clan, big daddy kane, Mc Hammer etc... the only artists ruling the AMI???

There should be room for all "POTENTIAL" artists in the business!!! And at the end of the day every body would be happy and prosperous.

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mwen panse ke Sanders konfonn legacy avek pepinyè.

Avek le temp tout ansyen yo ap oblije pase kòn lan bay la jenès ke yo vle ke yo pa vle. That's a fact of life.

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I understand what he tried to say.

We all understand.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PHILOSOPHE

What is SANDERS trying to say "for those who don't understand"?

KM!

daphnee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda agree with sanders...do we have any Mentor/mentee relationships in the HMI a la Justin Beiber/Usher type of thing? There are legacies in the HMI yes but I don't see too many bands helping out other bands unless they're family.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhizUniq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nemours Jean Baptiste created the konpa genre.

That's his legacy in the history of Haitian music, and probably the biggest legacy someone has ever created in our history.

I've never heard anyone say ohh we respect and honor Nemours Jean Baptiste because he helped so and so, he trained so and so.

People respect and honor him for just one big thing: he created konpa. That's his his achievement and contribution to our history and culture like I said earlier.

But now if you want to confuse creating a legacy and helping and discovering young talents.. that's another thing.

daphnee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PhizUniq wrote:

That's his legacy in the history of Haitian music, and probably the biggest legacy someone has ever created in our history.

I've never heard anyone say ohh we respect and honor Nemours Jean Baptiste because he helped so and so, he trained so and so.

People respect and honor him for just one big thing: he created konpa. That's his his achievement and contribution to our history and culture like I said earlier.

But now if you want to confuse creating a legacy and helping and discovering young talents.. that's another thing.

yes, understood Phiz, but legacies also have differnt facets to it. So I understand where Sanders is coming from. Don't you think a band or artist's legacy could be greater if they handed the baton or showed the ropes to another generation? We're not talking handouts here but actually helping mold an artist or band. Do you get my drift?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhizUniq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:
PhizUniq wrote:

yes, understood Phiz, but legacies also have differnt facets to it. So I understand where Sanders is coming from. Don't you think a band or artist's legacy could be greater if they handed the baton or showed the ropes to another generation? We're not talking handouts here but actually helping mold an artist or band. Do you get my drift?

I see your point. I guess it all depends on how someone defines "legacy".

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: